PDA

View Full Version : Rumors, rumors...

Jon Shafer
04-22-2005, 08:02 AM
Somebody said that Satch Carlson of Roundel is on his way
down to Bimmerfest -- driving with Steve Dinan in Steve's new M5...

:eeps:

e30sd
04-22-2005, 08:08 AM
lol, sounds like a fox news intro, "some people say..."

scottn2retro
04-22-2005, 09:58 AM
We'll have to see if anybody in SB this afternoon has a Satch/Steve siting :D

LordGop
04-22-2005, 10:13 AM

Oh Damn!111!!11! :yikes:

e30sd
04-22-2005, 10:16 AM
by new, do you mean e60? or the twin blown e39 that they build?

Kaz
04-22-2005, 10:32 AM
Roundel? Wow, that's an about-face.

scottn2retro
04-23-2005, 11:16 PM
Roundel? Wow, that's an about-face.

Hehe, it takes time, but we're (the collective Bimmerfest community) working on them. :D

roxnadz
04-24-2005, 12:50 AM

Well, that explains why there was an older gentleman behind the wheel and Steve Dinan was in the passenger seat of his M5 when they caught up with me as I was coming out of Pismo yesterday on the way down. I ran with him and another guy in a dark blue E36 M3 for about 75 miles, until they dropped back right around Refugio State Beach.

It's moot now, but he must've been here. Very cool. As is Dinan's M5.

528i
04-24-2005, 01:08 AM
This is the one, right?

http://www.boston-bmwcca.org/bimmer/2002/08/images/dinan-sisco-07-800.jpg

roxnadz
04-24-2005, 01:15 AM
This is the one, right?

http://www.boston-bmwcca.org/bimmer/2002/08/images/dinan-sisco-07-800.jpg

Yes. And it is a monster.

It killed me, we'd be in the right lane cruising along, then all of a sudden he'd jump into the left lane and stomp on the accelerator and leave me and my puny little 540i like it was standing still. I wish I would've gotten pictures but I was too busy trying to drive with one hand and catch my jaw with the other.

A plain old M5 is a beast in and of itself. Steve Dinan's M5 is the Cyberdemon from DooM reincarnated.

scottn2retro
04-24-2005, 09:12 AM
The funny thing is, I was the one that invited Satch but never saw him the whole weekend. And I've never met him, so I wouldn't know it if it walked right past me - which he probably did :D

Anybody get a pic of Satch checking out the 'fest?

SergioK
04-24-2005, 09:18 AM
What are you talking about Scott, I was talking to Satch and Kelly when you saw me and said 'hi'! Too much excitement I guess. :p

SergioK
04-24-2005, 09:20 AM

Fact! Satch said that Steve had him in a chase car and well, according to the grimace turned evil eye expression on his face, that's exactly what Satch had to do in order to stay in pace with Steve. :angel:

scottn2retro
04-24-2005, 09:22 AM
What are you talking about Scott, I was talking to Satch and Kelly when you saw me and said 'hi'! Too much excitement I guess. :p

Like I said, I never met Satch. Why didn't you introduce him - where's your manners :p :D

What were his impressions of the 'fest?

SergioK
04-24-2005, 09:48 AM
Like I said, I never met Satch. Why didn't you introduce him - where's your manners :p :D

What were his impressions of the 'fest?

Sorry, the 'fest this year was more of seeing all manner of persons that I know through the BMWs I own and not so much the cars, but nonetheless, I was nonstop seeing everyone. Not 2 minutes after I'd be talking to one person, that I'd see someone else and start talking to them.

Satch and Kelly were headed towards the front when you saw us.

As for Satch's impressions of the fest, well, I won't try to second guess him but I'd say that all in all, it probably left him with a more favorable taste in his mouth over some other events that I'm sure he's attended to in the past. I'm sure we'll be reading about it in an upcoming issue of Roundel, perhaps. :thumbup:

scottn2retro
04-24-2005, 09:51 AM
Speaking of rumors, I heard there were new M5s running around Santa Barbara County during the Road Rally - anybody get any pics?

scottn2retro
04-24-2005, 04:50 PM
Speaking of rumors, I heard there were new M5s running around Santa Barbara County during the Road Rally - anybody get any pics?

Someone caught it

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=48902

roxnadz
04-25-2005, 01:06 AM
Someone caught it

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=48902

No matter how hard I try, I cannot wrap my head around that car's looks. I simply can't do it. :(

Now, the M6...that's a different story, even with the Bangled trunk. :D

I'll be bringing home a copy of one of its little brothers by European Delivery in 2007. Believe it. :D :wave:

DakarE36
04-25-2005, 02:48 PM
Got some more pics downtown on State St.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=49108&stc=1

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=49109&stc=1

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=49110&stc=1

SB_328SP
04-25-2005, 02:56 PM
That one has been running around SB for a few months. Saw a 6 looking all stealth (black bumpers & no badging) like that as well. Not sure if it was an M though.

jvr826
04-25-2005, 06:45 PM
Here's another one, not my pic, found it at this person's gallery in the pics thread...

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/alpinawerke/detail?.dir=c09b&.dnm=77a1.jpg&.src=ph

Jlevi SW
04-25-2005, 07:05 PM
Yes. And it is a monster.

It killed me, we'd be in the right lane cruising along, then all of a sudden he'd jump into the left lane and stomp on the accelerator and leave me and my puny little 540i like it was standing still. I wish I would've gotten pictures but I was too busy trying to drive with one hand and catch my jaw with the other.

A plain old M5 is a beast in and of itself. Steve Dinan's M5 is the Cyberdemon from DooM reincarnated.

I knew it was unusual that someone was heading up north with me (we were very high up north) and had the license plate "DINAN" - I know that the HQ is up here in Mountain View...
They crawled up on me when I was doin about 80 and highbeamed me... passed slowly...

I hit it in 4th, worked the boost, and caught up (while there was a car in front of them) just to make sure... and yes - it was Steve himself in the car :bigpimp:

I was caravanning otherwise I would have loved to provoke that beast of a car. I didn't get to see what it really could do because I dropped back as not to lose the car behind me :(

Sweet ride.
JL

SergioK
04-25-2005, 07:36 PM
Yeah, both his M3 and M5 are the 1st of the S package cars. Did you happen to see Satch trying to keep up with him?

scottn2retro
04-25-2005, 09:19 PM
Yeah, both his M3 and M5 are the 1st of the S package cars. Did you happen to see Satch trying to keep up with him?

What was Satch driving?

heezyo2o
04-25-2005, 09:30 PM
That imola red dinan M5 is sexy and I'm sure it's super fast, but what's the deal with all the duct tape in the engine?

94is
04-25-2005, 09:56 PM
Ya know, I felt so bad. I didn't even know who Satch was and he was actually checking out my car with Kelly (?) when I was walking up to it at some point during the day. My boyfriend and I were talking to them for prolly 30-45 min. They are super cool. He was really interested in the work I did to my car and gave me his email address. :thumbup:

scottn2retro
04-25-2005, 10:06 PM
Ya know, I felt so bad. I didn't even know who Satch was and he was actually checking out my car with Kelly (?) when I was walking up to it at some point during the day. My boyfriend and I were talking to them for prolly 30-45 min. They are super cool. He was really interested in the work I did to my car and gave me his email address. :thumbup:

What impression did you get from him on what he thought of the 'fest?

Jon Shafer
04-25-2005, 10:20 PM
From an email:

> Jon:
>
> First of all, I really wanted to thank you for out doing yourself and
> carrying off an incredible event. This, obviously is the premier event for
> BMW fans and owners in the entire nation! You did a superb job in
> maintaining a level of professionaism, orginization, and had a steady flow
> for ingress and egress during the entire event. My hat goes off to you for
> carrying it off. My wife and I go to alot of BMW events and functions and
> this is by far the one we look forward to attending the most. I spent
> about an hour yesterday with Satch and Kelly and they were equally
> impressed. I have never seen Satch so excited, he was like a little kid!
>

94is
04-25-2005, 10:34 PM
Honestly, he seemed rather impressed with everything. :D