PDA

View Full Version : modification opinion

allaboutme
04-23-2005, 10:28 PM
This board generally shuns heavy modding of cars for apperance purposes (my observation). A lot of people get their opinions out on the board when someone has an extreme car. What happens when these people gather at bimmerfest? Are there any incidents? Or do people speak up about mods at the event?

LeftCoastBias
04-24-2005, 01:14 PM
well, this thread appears ignored, and you probably got your answer yesterday at the fest.

but i think with all meets- you'll see cars that are just hideous and untasteful (to your own opinion), but its just as distasteful to say to someone "your car looks like crap".

on the board, people put their photos up and by doing so, are inviting others opinions. sometimes they will even change something based upon the opinions of other members.

but in person, and at a meet- most of the fucntion is the "meet" portion. talking, meeting, introducing yourself to other enthusiasts, and showing off what you've done. going out of your way to tell someone you think their car is ugly is just a little rude.

i haven't ever seen it happen, and haven't seen any incidents because of it. in fact, i've never seen any incidents at the meets- or even with crazy driving antics...