PDA

View Full Version : I made it back from bimmerfest...but my car didnt

m34ever
04-25-2005, 02:04 PM
I drove down in a white 540 with the baybimmerz caravan. Everything was great until during the road rally I got a low coolant level light. I watched the temp but it never changed. About 15 minutes later the rally was over and I brought my friend back to his car, we stopped for awhile and a puddle formed under the car. After a few attempts to fill the radiator it completly went and dumped water everywhere. I was about a minute from the dealership so I drove it back to where bimmerfest started and parked it on the side as water and coolant poured out. A nice guy showed me where the key drop box was. I rode home yesterday in my friends Mcoupe and will probably have to head back down next weekend to pick the car up. I think my dad called the dealership this morning and spoke to them about it but I havent talked to him yet, hopefully all is well and it will be back next weekend!

sunnykk
04-25-2005, 02:44 PM
Sorry about ur car. Hope its nothing major.

RKT BMR
04-25-2005, 02:47 PM
Did you guys come back with us up the coast? Don't remember an M coupe... :dunno:

sendittoryan
04-25-2005, 02:49 PM
That really sucks David. It sounds like the lower outlet on your radiator might have snapped. My car made it back from it's 2800+ miles journey, but there are paint chips and the front brakes are toast.

m34ever
04-25-2005, 02:51 PM
Did you guys come back with us up the coast? Don't remember an M coupe... :dunno:
nope, we went up 101 on our own but ended up meeting up with a few groups of bmw's on the way

shragon
04-25-2005, 03:08 PM
that sucks dave! hopefully everything is allright!

m34ever
04-25-2005, 05:12 PM
the dealer said that the radiator overflow container ruptured so thats why it was leaking and pouring everywhere....luckily it wasnt the radiator itself. It will be done soon and ready for pickup this weekend!

RKT BMR
04-25-2005, 05:34 PM
the dealer said that the radiator overflow container ruptured so thats why it was leaking and pouring everywhere....luckily it wasnt the radiator itself. It will be done soon and ready for pickup this weekend!And a relatively (remember, I said relatively) inexpensive fix. You dodged a bullet on this one, dude!

E30 325IS
04-25-2005, 05:44 PM
I drove down in a white 540 with the baybimmerz caravan. Everything was great until during the road rally I got a low coolant level light. I watched the temp but it never changed. About 15 minutes later the rally was over and I brought my friend back to his car, we stopped for awhile and a puddle formed under the car. After a few attempts to fill the radiator it completly went and dumped water everywhere. I was about a minute from the dealership so I drove it back to where bimmerfest started and parked it on the side as water and coolant poured out. A nice guy showed me where the key drop box was. I rode home yesterday in my friends Mcoupe and will probably have to head back down next weekend to pick the car up. I think my dad called the dealership this morning and spoke to them about it but I havent talked to him yet, hopefully all is well and it will be back next weekend!

ASK FOR MIKE ABELAR (SERVICE DIRECTOR), OR (LAMARR FRANKLIN) SERVICE ADVISOR. PROBABLY BAD RADIATOR/COOLANT BOTTLE. THATS THE MOST COMMON

BMWenthusiast
04-25-2005, 07:06 PM
well thats good to hear, hey get another caravan form just for this weekend :p

gotdinan?
04-26-2005, 06:33 PM
nope, we went up 101 on our own but ended up meeting up with a few groups of bmw's on the way
yea thanks for taking some rolling pics of our small caravan, hope all is well with your car......

m34ever
04-26-2005, 06:39 PM
yea thanks for taking some rolling pics of our small caravan, hope all is well with your car......
no problem man, you happen to know the two others in your group? I got your pic and zilo's pic to you guys but I forget who the other two were.

gotdinan?
04-26-2005, 07:26 PM
yea the other one was rob you can find him on NorcalBMW.com as rob22sf and the other was a guy from seattle i dunno what his sn is

BMWChick143
04-26-2005, 07:58 PM
What's up gotdinan I see you go home o.k.!
It was fun we got to do this again next year!

BMWChick143
04-26-2005, 07:59 PM
I got a few good shots of your car! I'll post them for you.