PDA

View Full Version : When/Where will be 2006 Bimmerfest? I need to book hotel ...

ast
04-25-2005, 08:23 PM
This is my first bimmerfest and I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE it! The Caravan, road rally are especially fun for me. The car 'show' is out of this world as I am a brand new to BMW as well.

Looking forward to next one.

Only thing I wish is to have a BIG location that can have ALL cars together, there are too many cars parked along the street, scattered and far away (mine included). Maybe we can try some of the Stadium's parking lot or something. But no complaints! Special thanks to Jon, Keith, and all the orginzers!

heezyo2o
04-25-2005, 08:27 PM
Just a guess, but it just might be in santa barbara again.

heezyo2o
04-25-2005, 08:28 PM
But I agree, the caravan and the rally are the best parts.

tommiexboi
04-25-2005, 08:30 PM
they should have bimmerfest at the fair grounds again.... bigger parking lot and all the bimmers can be joined over there

BMWenthusiast
04-25-2005, 08:36 PM
ya the caravan and the road rally where so much fun, when i was driving there and on the road rally i was amazed at the end of each when i looked at the clock and how much time had passed, seriously the road rally from orange county to santa barbara seemed like it only took 30 minutes, time flew by. its up to the Bimmerfest staff to decide the next location and a few ideas are floating about from Jon, we'll only see, its still a year away and there is a lot of planning that needs to go into this type of event.

numsii
04-25-2005, 08:47 PM
Santa Barbara's a bit left coast, why not somewhere central like Wichita or StLouis?

BMWenthusiast
04-25-2005, 08:54 PM
Santa Barbara's a bit left coast, why not somewhere central like Wichita or StLouis?

cuz SoCal is the BMW Capitol of the USA :rofl:

fliplap
04-25-2005, 09:01 PM
Just to throw this out there. Could we not have bimmerfest 06 over Passover? My girlfriend is jewish and was bummed I couldn't spend the holiday with her and her family (i'm alittle bummed I missed the food too).

ast
04-25-2005, 10:14 PM
So. Cal is great -- the weather, the scenary, the crowd. I vote for SB for 2006. Just another spot that can park ALL the cars together.

scottn2retro
04-25-2005, 10:15 PM
Just to throw this out there. Could we not have bimmerfest 06 over Passover? My girlfriend is jewish and was bummed I couldn't spend the holiday with her and her family (i'm alittle bummed I missed the food too).

We really wrangled with picking a date this year. April seems to be a busy month car wise in SoCal (for example, the April 9-10 weekend had car races at Buttonwillow, Fontana and Long Beach and a track school at Willow Springs). Grand Am races are at Laguna Seca the end of the month.

It seemed like the only weekend that something wasn't going on was the one we picked. The great thing about it was it was the weekend before the Laguna Seca race, which was the only thing that made it possible for the great race cars you saw to be there.

Next year, who knows. It's actually pretty rare that we can time it to work with race teams, so that may open up more choices. But there are a lot of factors that go into picking a date and holidays (like Easter, for example, which is often in April) are considered.