PDA

View Full Version : Interlagos Blue/Cinnamon

LMC
04-26-2005, 10:17 AM
Competition pkg M3 in Interlagos Blue with Cinnamon leather. :jawdrop: :wow:

This car belongs to Polar on m3forum.net

Nick325xiT 5spd
04-26-2005, 10:19 AM
That's the one thing that could make me want to trade my car in on a ZCP. :sigh:

Mysticblau/Cinnamon just doesn't quite have the same level of gorgeousness.

TD330ci
04-26-2005, 10:31 AM
OMG!! 2 Months just became SO MUCH LONGER!! :bawling:

I have been WAITING for pics of this combo. Thats what I have on order.

THANKS LMC!! :thumbup:

glaws
04-26-2005, 10:36 AM
I think I would have to see that combo in person. I noted that the car has manual seats and no sunroof - just like mine :D

LMC
04-26-2005, 10:38 AM
2 Months just became SO MUCH LONGER!! :bawling:
I have been WAITING for pics of this combo. Thats what I have on order.

On the other hand, you have reassurance that the payoff for the wait will be a big one! :thumbup:

BMW has had some incredible blue colors, but I think Interlagos is my new favorite. :thumbup: (Although I've only seen pics so far)

I have a feeling that IndyMike's Imola/NB ZHP, as pretty as it is, may be on the market soon... :eeps:

BahnBaum
04-26-2005, 10:41 AM
That's officially beautiful.

Alex

Moderato
04-26-2005, 11:36 AM
The outside shot just became my wallpaper. :bow:

TJS///M3
04-26-2005, 11:53 AM
Ahhhh..

I have been waiting to see this color combination as well. That is quite beautiful.

Now I have another problem..

Interlagos / Cinnamon or..

Imola / Natural Brown?

Those are the two combos I would consider on my ZCP order. And I dont know anywhere where I could see the imola/natural brown on a car. Anyone know?

bren
04-26-2005, 12:10 PM
Ahhhh..

I have been waiting to see this color combination as well. That is quite beautiful.

Imola / Natural Brown?

Those are the two combos I would consider on my ZCP order. And I dont know anywhere where I could see the imola/natural brown on a car. Anyone know?
Well that's easy...there is no natural brown. :confused:

LMC
04-26-2005, 12:19 PM

Or -- if you could convince BMW to make you one -- it'd be thousands more.

But then Imola/Cinnamon would work, right?

TD330ci
04-26-2005, 12:43 PM

Ditto. :D

TJS///M3
04-26-2005, 01:34 PM

Well that I know :)

But, Imola/Black and Imola/Grey are blah. And Imola/Imola is too much red :yikes:

So, I thought I could order up natural if it wasnt a huge chunk of $ extra.

And Imola/cinnamon isnt too bad, but thats not an "allowable" combination either.

bren
04-26-2005, 02:09 PM
And Imola/cinnamon isnt too bad, but thats not an "allowable" combination either.
It's not a "standard" configuration but enough people have been able to order it to say it is readily available.

Nick325xiT 5spd
04-26-2005, 02:11 PM
Mysticblau/Cinnamon wasn't "allowed" last I checked, either. Didn't mean that I had to do anything other than say what I wanted.

pmoney
04-26-2005, 05:27 PM
Mysticblau/Cinnamon wasn't "allowed" last I checked, either. Didn't mean that I had to do anything other than say what I wanted.

Did you do individual? Or were you able to just get the right option codes down at a friendly dealer?

IndyMike
04-26-2005, 06:58 PM
On the other hand, you have reassurance that the payoff for the wait will be a big one! :thumbup:

BMW has had some incredible blue colors, but I think Interlagos is my new favorite. :thumbup: (Although I've only seen pics so far)
Ya, I saw that post on the 'other' board last night and linked to it in the 'Cinnamon' thread. Thanks for thumbnailing it to the board for everyone else. No brainer now as far as I'm concerned. Interlagos blue and 'sweet potato' leather it is. Only thing is I may have to purchase the warden a 'Coach' purse to match the leather. Call it a bribe if you will. :D

I have a feeling that IndyMike's Imola/NB ZHP, as pretty as it is, may be on the market soon... What Imola/NB ZHP are you referring to? :D

Ever since I saw the first IB pics last November I sensed I would be smitten by it eventually, so I've been consciously keeping the mileage low on the Imola in anticipation of the day it would be M3 bait. Pretty much just my Saturday Night Special lately. Once the '06 M3 build year is confirmed and I can lock an allocation spot with Sarafil the ZHP will go on the market. It's still a blast when I take it out, but it's time to move on up to the next level. I have a strong sense this will be my last BMW, so I'm going to savor the entire experience, from order to delivery. Smell the roses (and greenbacks) along the way, so to speak. With any luck 6 months from tomorrow I'll take delivery in Spartanburg, then ride off into the sunset. Might even write a country n' western song about the whole experience, call it, 'I'm so Interlagos blue I could scream, but when I look at that sweet potato pie it just shuts my mouth'. Wonder if George Strait or Tim McGraw might be interested in recording it? Ah, realistically more likely someone hardup for a hit such as Billy Ray Cyrus or David Allan Coe.

:D

SARAFIL
04-26-2005, 07:10 PM
That's the one thing that could make me want to trade my car in on a ZCP. :sigh:

Mysticblau/Cinnamon just doesn't quite have the same level of gorgeousness.

Look ma', no hole in the roof, and a real transmission too!! ;)

SARAFIL
04-26-2005, 07:14 PM

The color combos in the brochure or on the website are irrelevant. The BMWNA ordering system will let you order any available combination of colors that are currently available-- Mystic Blue with Red Leather, Imola Red with Grey Leather, Interlagos with Cinammon-- you name the combo, and you can build it. The only condition is that the interior and exterior colors have to be normally-available colors. Any interior or exterior color that is not on the normal list of offerings is a special order, and subject to a fee of $2000 for paint and $3880 for leather.

RChoudry
04-26-2005, 07:17 PM
Sarafil,

I read on m3forum.com that someone said a dealer told them the ZCP steering rack could be ordered as a stand-alone option. Please tell me this aint so...since I'm a bit late!!! (not that I would have even guessed it)

SARAFIL
04-26-2005, 07:27 PM
Sarafil,

I read on m3forum.com that someone said a dealer told them the ZCP steering rack could be ordered as a stand-alone option. Please tell me this aint so...since I'm a bit late!!! (not that I would have even guessed it)

Never heard of such a thing.

SONET
04-26-2005, 07:35 PM
Sarafil,

My understanding was that this isn't possible because the steering rack is tied in with 'other systems' (not sure how this works exactly, but last I checked that was the official word). It's only a 7% difference anyway, and from what I've read it isn't even perceivable.

--SONET

TD330ci
04-26-2005, 07:44 PM
Sarafil, any word on the E46 M build out date yet. I keeping hearing different rumors. :dunno:

SARAFIL
04-26-2005, 07:47 PM
Sarafil, any word on the E46 M build out date yet. I keeping hearing different rumors. :dunno:

I've been told by a source that I believe quite a bit that we will get a 2006 M3.

I'm going to call up one of my contacts at BMWNA and see if I can get a more definate answer.

IndyMike
04-26-2005, 08:16 PM
Ahhhh..

Imola / Natural Brown?

Those are the two combos I would consider on my ZCP order. And I dont know anywhere where I could see the imola/natural brown on a car. Anyone know?Well, as long as you don't mind settling for any car. I also wish NB, or even better, Caramel would be an M3 leather option. Cinnamon might work with IR, but it is very close on the color spectrum. I think one of our posters here (Willia///3 ?) has this exact combo.

And I might be alone on this, but I think Interlagos with NB would also ROCK! Hmmm! Now that has me rethinking the whole deal again! ::D

IndyMike
04-26-2005, 08:31 PM
Competition pkg M3 in Interlagos Blue with Cinnamon leather. :jawdrop: :wow:

This car belongs to Polar on m3forum.net
What's everyone's thoughts in regards to this trim working well or not with the interior. :dunno:

LMC
04-26-2005, 08:37 PM
Well, as long as you don't mind settling for any car. I also wish NB, or even better, Caramel would be an M3 leather option. Cinnamon might work with IR, but it is very close on the color spectrum. I think one of our posters here (Willia///3 ?) has this exact combo.

And I might be alone on this, but I think Interlagos with NB would also ROCK! Hmmm! Now that has me rethinking the whole deal again! ::D

Interlagos with natural brown would surely rock, but you already own another NB car, and NB (if you could get it) would cost the same as Caramel, which you KNOW you can get. On the other hand, the upcharge for special order leather sure can buy an awful lot of darn near anything...Coach handbags or anything else...

TD330ci
04-26-2005, 10:17 PM
Well, as long as you don't mind settling for any car. I also wish NB, or even better, Caramel would be an M3 leather option. Cinnamon might work with IR, but it is very close on the color spectrum. I think one of our posters here (Willia///3 ?) has this exact combo.

God that combo is hot. Great pics Indy. :bigpimp:

TD330ci
04-26-2005, 10:29 PM
What's everyone's thoughts in regards to this trim working well or not with the interior. :dunno:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1171242

I get red x's. I think the cheap plastic tit shadow trim would work better then the ZCP trim.

dawgbone
04-26-2005, 11:26 PM

Agreed...Fine machine..

Yet, If I were to go with fartwater interior(Ferrari Italian Stylie)...I'd have to see about white, jet black, or red..

Flaunt the S$#@ out of it...How fun :thumbup:

IndyMike
04-27-2005, 05:29 AM
Interlagos with natural brown would surely rock, but you already own another NB car, and NB (if you could get it) would cost the same as Caramel, which you KNOW you can get. On the other hand, the upcharge for special order leather sure can buy an awful lot of darn near anything...Coach handbags or anything else...
Yeah, and if I got NB for the 3rd time I could be accused of being a Natural brown-noser. :D
I dig it, but not to the tune of just south of $4k. For those kind of Benji's I don't think there's any special leather I'd be interested in. $2k would be tempting, but $4k is well beyond the margin of returns.

IndyMike
04-27-2005, 05:39 AM
I get red x's. I think the cheap plastic tit shadow trim would work better then the ZCP trim.Sorry, I'm referring to the interior shot that LMC led off with in this thread. Yeah, I agree that the ZCP trim is kind of suspect. Haven't seen it in person, but the build configurator makes it look kind of funky which isn't altogether bad if it's a good kind of funk.

Whichever way I go I'm sure LMC will continue with his subliminal corruptive antics in getting me to change it out. :D

TJS///M3
04-27-2005, 06:05 AM
Wow.. thanks for the pictures of Imola/NB. It's beautiful, and after seeing that I know an Imola/NB ZCP would be sweet. But OUCH! $4k for leather interior, that is nuts. I thought maybe it would be in the neighborhood of $2k, and for that I would definitely have considered it.

I'll agree on the Imola/cinnamon.. too much of one type of color for my taste.

I saw an IB/Black ZCP last night at the dealer. The more I see IB, the more I'm in love with it. I've seen it in bright sun where it looks more bluish-purple, and last night in darker, twilight-type light where it looks like a much darker blue.

By the way.. I asked the sales guy if he could tell me when their next allocation was for an M3, but he seems hesitant to tell me. Do they not want to give this information out? And weirdly enough, he didnt even seem interested in talking price or options.

BahnBaum
04-27-2005, 06:26 AM
I asked the sales guy if he could tell me when their next allocation was for an M3, but he seems hesitant to tell me. Do they not want to give this information out? And weirdly enough, he didnt even seem interested in talking price or options.

Find another sales guy at another dealership.

Alex

TD330ci
04-27-2005, 09:32 AM
By the way.. I asked the sales guy if he could tell me when their next allocation was for an M3, but he seems hesitant to tell me. Do they not want to give this information out? And weirdly enough, he didnt even seem interested in talking price or options.

Hmmm the plot thickens. No 06 M3??? :dunno:

webguy330i
05-11-2005, 03:54 PM
:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

WILLIA///M
05-11-2005, 04:01 PM
It's not a "standard" configuration but enough people have been able to order it to say it is readily available.

TD330ci
05-11-2005, 06:16 PM

Agreed. I know of at least three on order and have seen pics of two others. :thumbup:

I went status 150 yesterday. I should see my version of it before July. :D

My guess is you will see another when IndyMike places his 06 order on Oct 1st. :rofl:

Shades
05-12-2005, 07:43 AM
Sorry, I'm referring to the interior shot that LMC led off with in this thread. Yeah, I agree that the ZCP trim is kind of suspect. Haven't seen it in person, but the build configurator makes it look kind of funky which isn't altogether bad if it's a good kind of funk.

Whichever way I go I'm sure LMC will continue with his subliminal corruptive antics in getting me to change it out. :DYou should just do a special order for the regular M3 titanium shadow trim or the aluminum trim when you order the car.This would cost $500 CDN to do in Canada ,i'm not sure what the price would be in the US.I looked at a Interlagos Blue M3 with black interior at my dealer last week and thought the trim looked a little busy.I didn't like it as much as the other two trims.

TD330ci
05-12-2005, 08:54 AM
You should just do a special order for the regular M3 titanium shadow trim or the aluminum trim when you order the car.This would cost $500 CDN to do in Canada ,i'm not sure what the price would be in the US.I looked at a Interlagos Blue M3 with black interior at my dealer last week and thought the trim looked a little busy.I didn't like it as much as the other two trims.

I tried to do this with my dealer. There are certain things you can override on a priority 1 order. The interior, exterior combo and extra things like the rear sun shade. When we tried to change the trim, even in Pri 1, the system won't let you. The comp pkg only lets you get that trim. I would rather have the plastic titanium shadow trim then the comp trim with cinnamon. :( But whatever, I can always chnge it later if it REALLY bothers me. ;)

Shades
05-12-2005, 09:57 PM
I tried to do this with my dealer. There are certain things you can override on a priority 1 order. The interior, exterior combo and extra things like the rear sun shade. When we tried to change the trim, even in Pri 1, the system won't let you. The comp pkg only lets you get that trim. I would rather have the plastic titanium shadow trim then the comp trim with cinnamon. :( But whatever, I can always chnge it later if it REALLY bothers me. ;)
I wonder if that was because it was already an ordered vehicle.It is a very specific package according to what it gives you, so maybe they don't let you change anything.I tried to order the black shadowline interior trim that is in my brothers 2001 M3 when i ordered my car,i have always loved that trim color.2001 was the only year they put it in the M.They told me they would have allowed it, but they no longer make the trim.The price would have been $500 CDN for the special order.I checked with my parts manager and he is still able to order it .Seems strange that he is able to to get it and they wouldn't do a special order for it. I guess they are just keeping stock of it for 2001 cars.I am still considering ordering it and swapping the titanium shadowline trim. It really doesn't matter what trim you get,your M is going to look fantastic.

TD330ci
05-12-2005, 10:02 PM
I wonder if that was because it was already an ordered vehicle.It is a very specific package according to what it gives you, so maybe they don't let you change anything.I tried to order the black shadowline interior trim that is my brothers 2001 M3 when i ordered my car,i have always loved that trim color.2001 was the only year they put it in the M.They told me they would have allowed it, but they no longer make the trim.The price would have been $500 CDN for the special order.I checked with my parts manager and he is still able to order it .Seems strange that he is able to get it and they wouldn't do a special order for it.I guess they are just keeping stock of it for 2001 cars.I am still considering ordering it and swapping the titanium shadowline trim. It really doesn't matter what trim you get,your M is going to look fantastic.

Thanks after seeing pics I think it will. :D

If I wanted any of the E46 trim for my combo, it would probably be the black cube ZHP trim. I might try and order that and sell my ZCP stuff. :dunno:

Shades
05-12-2005, 10:20 PM
Thanks after seeing pics I think it will. :D

If I wanted any of the E46 trim for my combo, it would probably be the black cube ZHP trim. I might try and order that and sell my ZCP stuff. :dunno:
I'm sure you won't have any problem selling it.I have already seen quite a few people looking for ZCP trim on the M3 Forum.

LMC
05-13-2005, 12:22 PM
...I tried to order the black shadowline interior trim that is in my brothers 2001 M3 when i ordered my car,i have always loved that trim color.2001 was the only year they put it in the M.They told me they would have allowed it, but they no longer make the trim.The price would have been $500 CDN for the special order.I checked with my parts manager and he is still able to order it .Seems strange that he is able to to get it and they wouldn't do a special order for it. I guess they are just keeping stock of it for 2001 cars.I am still considering ordering it and swapping the titanium shadowline trim...

According to the info at www.bmw.de the high-gloss black trim is still standard on German M3 coupes. Titan shadow is an inexpensive (70 euro) option, and the aluminum is 320 euros extra.

Shades
05-13-2005, 05:04 PM
According to the info at www.bmw.de the high-gloss black trim is still standard on German M3 coupes. Titan shadow is an inexpensive (70 euro) option, and the aluminum is 320 euros extra.
Do you speak German,that whole site seems to be in German.I couldn't find any info about the trims.That is strange that they wouldn't special order it if there still offering it in Germany.Where did you find the info on the site?

LMC
05-13-2005, 05:19 PM
Do you speak German,that whole site seems to be in German.I couldn't find any info about the trims.That is strange that they wouldn't special order it if there still offering it in Germany.Where did you find the info on the site?

Yes, it's in German. A convenient place to find standard and optional equipment (in German) is the pricelist at

www.bmw.com/generic/de/de/products/automobiles/download/pdf/M_CP_pricelist.pdf

and as far as "strange" that BMW of North America would not special order something that was common (or even standard) in other markets, that's not strange at all... they do it every day. Rear fog warning light? No. Estoril Blue? No. Titanium shadow trim on a ZCP? No. The list is endless.

Shades
05-13-2005, 05:32 PM
Yes, it's in German. A convenient place to find standard and optional equipment (in German) is the pricelist at

www.bmw.com/generic/de/de/products/automobiles/download/pdf/M_CP_pricelist.pdf

and as far as "strange" that BMW of North America would not special order something that was common (or even standard) in other markets, that's not strange at all... they do it every day. Rear fog warning light? No. Estoril Blue? No. Titanium shadow trim on a ZCP? No. The list is endless.
That is really annoying that they wouldn't order it.Is Estoril a regular color in Germany,no special order charge to order it?

LMC
05-13-2005, 05:41 PM
That is really annoying that they wouldn't order it.Is Estoril a regular color in Germany,no special order charge to order it?

Naw, I was just using Estoril as an example. I think right now Estoril is only a "regular" color on a 3er coupe with club sport pkg (another we don't get) but it is also one of the Individual colors (we normally don't get those.) It was a regular color on E36 M3s and has been ordered on quite a few E46 M3s in the USA -- for the $2000 special order paint charge.

And I suppose I had better point out -- before one of our Euro brethren scolds me -- that it could be argued that the USA gets the world's cheapest BMWs with lots of standard equipment, etc., etc., and that part of the reason for that is that the limited number of options. Dunno...

If I were the Emperor of BMW :bigpimp: , US customers could order any of this stuff they wanted, but would pay dearly for it, to make sure that they would really, really want it.

Shades
05-13-2005, 05:52 PM
Naw, I was just using Estoril as an example. I think right now Estoril is only a "regular" color on a 3er coupe with club sport pkg (another we don't get) but it is also one of the Individual colors (we normally don't get those.) It was a regular color on E36 M3s and has been ordered on quite a few E46 M3s in the USA -- for the $2000 special order paint charge.

And I suppose I had better point out -- before one of our Euro brethren scolds me -- that it could be argued that the USA gets the world's cheapest BMWs with lots of standard equipment, etc., etc., and that part of the reason for that is that the limited number of options. Dunno...

If I were the Emperor of BMW :bigpimp: , US customers could order any of this stuff they wanted, but would pay dearly for it, to make sure that they would really, really want it.
Estoril is the color i special ordered for my M3.I posted these pics last week.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96080

jetstream23
05-14-2005, 10:57 PM
Interlagos is more purple than I thought......guess it depends on the lighting. I may be in the minority but I prefer Carbon Black (with its hint of Navy Blue) rather than Interlagos Blue.....just one man's opinion.

jetstream23
05-14-2005, 11:01 PM
Estoril is the color i special ordered for my M3.I posted these pics last week.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96080

Estoril is a great color....closer to Leguna Seca than other blues. My favorite is an oldie called Le Mans Blue. Haven't been able to find a picture of Le Mans Blue in a while though...

Shades
05-15-2005, 08:24 AM
Estoril is a great color....closer to Leguna Seca than other blues. My favorite is an oldie called Le Mans Blue. Haven't been able to find a picture of Le Mans Blue in a while though...
This guy posted these pics of Le Mans Blue on bimmerfest back in 04.It is a very nice color.

TD330ci
05-15-2005, 09:49 AM
This guy posted these pics of Le Mans Blue on bimmerfest back in 04.It is a very nice color.

That is one BEAUTIFUL color!! :yikes:

I would go for that in a heartbeat if it was a stock color. :cry:

LMC
05-15-2005, 09:51 AM

Le Mans Blue is listed as an Individual choice for E46s, so it should be available for the usual $2000 special order paint charge.

jetstream23
05-15-2005, 02:32 PM

Yup, that's it ! Love it !!!! Thanks for digging those up.

IndyMike
05-24-2005, 06:31 PM

Yeah, LeMans Blue ROCKS! Probably my fave BMW blue of all time, with Orient and Avus not far behind. I'm probably the only guy in the world that still has not glimpsed Interlagos blue, so I can't rank it yet. From what I can tell it falls between Velvet and LeMans. I'm hoping I can see IB before I have to pull the trigger. I like to know exactly what I'm getting before I order, although the one time previously I went against the grain and selected Tanin red sight unseen it came up aces.

Oh, and the Sterling grey on that 'other' M3 certainly doesn't reek either. Two great Individual colors IMO.

BMWenthusiast
05-24-2005, 10:36 PM
never looked at thsi section of the site before, but omg, that is an awesome color

Indy330Ci
05-25-2005, 12:01 AM
IndyMike, if you don't get IB, I'll probably never see one in this town. D&R seemingly only stocks black and silver Ms, unfortunately.

TD330ci
05-25-2005, 09:24 AM
Yeah, LeMans Blue ROCKS! Probably my fave BMW blue of all time, with Orient and Avus not far behind. I'm probably the only guy in the world that still has not glimpsed Interlagos blue, so I can't rank it yet. From what I can tell it falls between Velvet and LeMans. I'm hoping I can see IB before I have to pull the trigger. I like to know exactly what I'm getting before I order, although the one time previously I went against the grain and selected Tanin red sight unseen it came up aces.

Oh, and the Sterling grey on that 'other' M3 certainly doesn't reek either. Two great Individual colors IMO.

IndyMike it's definetly different. I was a little hesitant because in the sunlight its a little TO lite blue, kind of like topaz was. I tend like dark rich colors on my cars and I think that Lemans has more of that quality then IB. Like I said, I would get Lemans in a SECOND if it was not a 2K upcharge. I already feel like I am paying a ton. :eek:

I decided to go with IB anyway because I could not think of another stock M color I wanted more. I probably would have gone with Oxford Green if was still offered for 05. Ohhhh Oxford/Cinnimon Comp pkg!! That would have been sweet!!

The IB does have a really cool slight purple tone to it in some lights.

I checked today and the web site says En Route. Ugh, four more weeks!! :cry:

IndyMike
05-25-2005, 07:11 PM
never looked at thsi section of the site before, but omg, that is an awesome color
Yeah, this forum has a very corruptive influence associated with it. It's very easy for us to help you spend your hard earned discretionary dollars. :D

IndyMike, if you don't get IB, I'll probably never see one in this town. D&R seemingly only stocks black and silver Ms, unfortunately.
Yeah, D&R is the least imaginative BMW dealership I've ever been associated with. Although their new CPO lot does stock a lot of Carbon Black M's, at least until recently. I really like all of the CA's at D&R and their service department is commendable, but I find it hard to be loyal to them due to their predominant hardline MSRP or take a hike stance. Therefore, I've bought twice from Defouw BMW in Lafayette, and once from Passport BMW in Maryland. And for this one I'm working with Filip (Sarafil) at Inskip BMW in Warwick, RI.

IndyMike it's definetly different. I was a little hesitant because in the sunlight its a little TO lite blue, kind of like topaz was. I tend like dark rich colors on my cars and I think that Lemans has more of that quality then IB. Like I said, I would get Lemans in a SECOND if it was not a 2K upcharge. I already feel like I am paying a ton. :eek:

I decided to go with IB anyway because I could not think of another stock M color I wanted more. I probably would have gone with Oxford Green if was still offered for 05. Ohhhh Oxford/Cinnimon Comp pkg!! That would have been sweet!!

The IB does have a really cool slight purple tone to it in some lights.
TD330ci, I think my perceived problem with IB is that I fear I would become bored with it after a couple of years. I have every intention of keeping this car for a very, very long time (didn't aty say the same thing about his M :eeps: ) :D , and for me it's like picking out a frau. This is playing for keeps.

And reference the $2k bump, you know, first I had to talk myself over the $50k mental hurdle. That took me a long time to overcome. I still kind of find it unfathomable that anyone would spend that much on a car, but my shrink, support group and you good people here are helping me to come to grips with it. And really, it's not a $2k bump, but really more like $1.5k ($2k special - $500 metallic). And then take off 5 C notes more for my BMWCCA association and it's really only $1k. And the more I think about it, the cooler it would be to have that 'Individual' stamp on that shock tower. I mean, that's got to be good for about 5 more C notes there in psychic income at least, so now it's more like down to $500 more. I'm sure if I tried I could spin it even harder to the extent that going Individual will save me some coins. Such as, since I can only go either with Special exterior ($1.5k bump) or interior ($3.9k bump), I'm actually saving $2.4k in going with an Individual exterior color instead of interior. See how good at rationalizing I've become?

LMC
05-25-2005, 09:12 PM
...And then take off 5 C notes more for my BMWCCA association and it's really only $1k. And the more I think about it, the cooler it would be to have that 'Individual' stamp on that shock tower. I mean, that's got to be good for about 5 more C notes there in psychic income at least, so now it's more like down to $500 more. I'm sure if I tried I could spin it even harder to the extent that going Individual will save me some coins. Such as, since I can only go either with Special exterior ($1.5k bump) or interior ($3.9k bump), I'm actually saving $2.4k in going with an Individual exterior color instead of interior. See how good at rationalizing I've become?

Good job, IndyMike! Keep this going and I think you can get down to under Hyundai prices. Psychic price only, of course -- be sure to take well over 50K cash when you pick it up! :bigpimp:

TD330ci
05-25-2005, 11:24 PM
Yeah, this forum has a very corruptive influence associated with it. It's very easy for us to help you spend your hard earned discretionary dollars. :D

Yeah, D&R is the least imaginative BMW dealership I've ever been associated with. Although their new CPO lot does stock a lot of Carbon Black M's, at least until recently. I really like all of the CA's at D&R and their service department is commendable, but I find it hard to be loyal to them due to their predominant hardline MSRP or take a hike stance. Therefore, I've bought twice from Defouw BMW in Lafayette, and once from Passport BMW in Maryland. And for this one I'm working with Filip (Sarafil) at Inskip BMW in Warwick, RI.

TD330ci, I think my perceived problem with IB is that I fear I would become bored with it after a couple of years. I have every intention of keeping this car for a very, very long time (didn't aty say the same thing about his M :eeps: ) :D , and for me it's like picking out a frau. This is playing for keeps.

And reference the $2k bump, you know, first I had to talk myself over the $50k mental hurdle. That took me a long time to overcome. I still kind of find it unfathomable that anyone would spend that much on a car, but my shrink, support group and you good people here are helping me to come to grips with it. And really, it's not a $2k bump, but really more like $1.5k ($2k special - $500 metallic). And then take off 5 C notes more for my BMWCCA association and it's really only $1k. And the more I think about it, the cooler it would be to have that 'Individual' stamp on that shock tower. I mean, that's got to be good for about 5 more C notes there in psychic income at least, so now it's more like down to $500 more. I'm sure if I tried I could spin it even harder to the extent that going Individual will save me some coins. Such as, since I can only go either with Special exterior ($1.5k bump) or interior ($3.9k bump), I'm actually saving $2.4k in going with an Individual exterior color instead of interior. See how good at rationalizing I've become?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Go for it Indy. Save your self. Mine is already on the boat. :p

Btw if you get lemans, I will be REALLY jeoulous!!! ;)

IndyMike
05-26-2005, 09:04 PM
Btw if you get lemans, I will be REALLY jeoulous!!!
And if it turns out there is no '06 M, then I'll be SOL and really jealous of you. It's a crapshoot for me at this point. You've got a priority 1 car enroute, and all I'm doing right now is exercising some ///Mental masturbation, like 24,000 other members on this board.

To use an age old cliche, an IB/Cinnamon M in the hand is worth two LB M's in the bush.

LMC
05-26-2005, 09:16 PM
Mine is already on the boat.

That wasn't the ship that had the slight run-in with the pier at Southhampton, was it?

IndyMike
05-26-2005, 09:40 PM
That wasn't the ship that had the slight run-in with the pier at Southhampton, was it?Come on now, LMC. Everybody knows that's an unfounded rumor. :tsk: TD330ci's beautiful IB M didn't even make it through the English Channel! :eeps:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/2575009.stm

TD330ci
05-27-2005, 08:48 AM
Come on now, LMC. Everybody knows that's an unfounded rumor. :tsk: TD330ci's beautiful IB M didn't even make it through the English Channel! :eeps:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/2575009.stm

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

STOP IT!!!! :mad:

IndyMike
07-09-2005, 05:38 PM
Okay, you've had the car over a week now, and IMO that's enough time to celebrate and be selfish and everything. In the meantime some of your fellow 'Festers (not me of course) :rolleyes: have been slowly dying, patiently waiting for you to at least throw us a pic bone or two.

Consider this your first warning........PICS OR BAN!!!, or you will shortly be reported to the Mod Squad and possibly risk becoming the second TD to be banned this year.

Of course, please don't misconstrue this as a (idle) threat!

TJS///M3
07-09-2005, 10:16 PM
Consider this your first warning........PICS OR BAN!!!, or you will shortly be reported to the Mod Squad and possibly risk becoming the second TD to be banned this year.

Of course, please don't misconstrue this as a (idle) threat!

LoL. I tried already in another thread.. He resisted. Threw out the "I'm too busy" excuse. :cry:

TD330ci
07-11-2005, 09:02 AM
LoL. I tried already in another thread.. He resisted. Threw out the "I'm too busy" excuse. :cry:

Give a guy a break!! haha

I just got back from a three day house boat weekend and the car and the house are a mess!! I promise by this weekend. Still doing breakin... Grrrr

Mike, is the deposit in for the 06 yet. :p

LMC
07-11-2005, 10:16 AM
Mike, is the deposit in for the 06 yet. :p

Mike will correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure he's decided to go with a Dodge Ram pickup instead of the M3.

TD330ci
07-12-2005, 09:32 PM
I will say that these wheels are VERY easy to scratch.

Even with the 275's I put on the back I found two scratch's on the edge of the passenger side back rim. I polished most of it out, but jezz I am going to more careful then I already am!! :(

Only 955 more break in miles to go. :p

Oh and Mike, say it isnt so. :tsk:

TJS///M3
07-13-2005, 06:01 AM
Where are the Mods in here?

Ban from posting until you post pictures! :)

Sean
07-13-2005, 08:06 AM
I must admit, that looks good (IB/Cin)! :thumbup:

Sean
07-13-2005, 08:10 AM
Ya, I saw that post on the 'other' board last night and linked to it in the 'Cinnamon' thread. Thanks for thumbnailing it to the board for everyone else. No brainer now as far as I'm concerned. Interlagos blue and 'sweet potato' leather it is. Only thing is I may have to purchase the warden a 'Coach' purse to match the leather. Call it a bribe if you will. :D

Mike, are you thinking of parting with the 330?:dunno: I very well might be interested in the car when the time comes for you to sell. :D

Sean
07-13-2005, 08:21 AM

I love Le Mans Blue! :thumbup: :thumbup:

LMC
07-13-2005, 09:11 AM
I will say that these wheels are VERY easy to scratch.

Even with the 275's I put on the back I found two scratch's on the edge of the passenger side back rim. I polished most of it out, but jezz I am going to more careful then I already am!! :(

So you swapped out tires immediately? Are you saying whoever did the tire swap scratched 'em or are they lightly curbed?

TD330ci
07-13-2005, 09:19 AM
So you swapped out tires immediately? Are you saying whoever did the tire swap scratched 'em or are they lightly curbed?

I swapped them out on like the fourth day. The 255's BARLY cover the back rim and I wanted better curb protection. I sold the OEM set of the boards within a couple of days and made out almost even.

I was trying to say that even with the extra sidewall I still managed to "slightly" brush up against something that gave me a small scratch. After a quick polish it's 99% gone and can only be seen by me with my face right up to the rim.

It's just made me MORE freakish about curbs and parking!!! :mad:

TD330ci
07-13-2005, 09:20 AM
Mike, are you thinking of parting with the 330?:dunno: I very well might be interested in the car when the time comes for you to sell. :D

You would be getting one HOT car Sean!! :thumbup:

TD330ci
07-13-2005, 09:21 AM
Where are the Mods in here?

Ban from posting until you post pictures! :)

:mad: OK OK OK this weekend. I want them both clean so I can take pics of them together.

;)

Sean
07-13-2005, 09:26 AM
You would be getting one HOT car Sean!! :thumbup:

Yes, I certainly would. ;) Mike and I both had E46s with the rare (2000-2001) Tanin Red leather and I complemented him highly when he got the ZHP. Great color combo to follow his former 330Cic.

Edit: If I recall correctly, we both were hesitate to get rid of our cars due to Tanin Red no longer being offered, :bawling:

IndyMike
07-14-2005, 06:12 PM
Oh and Mike, say it isnt so.
Ha-ha! No, that LMC is Mr. Funny Man! The only magnum I will be buying is one filled with champagne when the car is finally ordered, and uncorked and sprayed like on the F1 winners podium the day I pick it up.

Mike, are you thinking of parting with the 330?:dunno: I very well might be interested in the car when the time comes for you to sell.Yeah, my car has become pretty much a garage queen. I've had it almost 21 months and have managed to put all of 7950 miles on the odometer. :tsk: The way I look at it if I'm going to have a garage queen it might as well be an M. When it goes on the market I'll PM you and give you first dibs on it. I just gave it what is probably the final full detail just recently and have attached some teasers for you and anyone else who's interested. The Imola Red II paint is like glass, and the leather is as good as new. I know if it winds up in your hands it'll find a home with someone who takes good care of his steeds.

Mike and I both had E46s with the rare (2000-2001) Tanin Red leather and I complemented him highly when he got the ZHP. Great color combo to follow his former 330Cic.

Edit: If I recall correctly, we both were hesitate to get rid of our cars due to Tanin Red no longer being offered, :bawling:
Ja, that was a tough call to dispense with it if for no other reason than it was a really exclusive combination. Well, at least we can both say we belonged for a time to a select club of owners with Tanin! :thumbup:

TD330ci
07-14-2005, 09:50 PM
Ha-ha! No, that LMC is Mr. Funny Man! The only magnum I will be buying is one filled with champagne when the car is finally ordered, and uncorked and sprayed like on the F1 winners podium the day I pick it up.

Yeah, my car has become pretty much a garage queen. I've had it almost 21 months and have managed to put all of 7950 miles on the odometer. :tsk: The way I look at it if I'm going to have a garage queen it might as well be an M. When it goes on the market I'll PM you and give you first dibs on it. I just gave it what is probably the final full detail just recently and have attached some teasers for you and anyone else who's interested. The Imola Red II paint is like glass, and the leather is as good as new. I know if it winds up in your hands it'll find a home with someone who takes good care of his steeds.

Ja, that was a tough call to dispense with it if for no other reason than it was a really exclusive combination. Well, at least we can both say we belonged for a time to a select club of owners with Tanin! :thumbup:

GOD MIKE - looks brand new!!! :bigpimp: Nice job.

Product list please.

I use meguires glaze and blitz wax.

IndyMike
07-15-2005, 03:49 AM
GOD MIKE - looks brand new!!! :bigpimp: Nice job.

Product list please.

I use meguires glaze and blitz wax.
Well, I probably use a wax that nobody else uses. It's made by Collinite. Most people that are in to boats are cognizant that Collinite is the manufacturer of some of the best protective applications in the industry for marine products.

I've been using their paste wax #885 on my automotive vehicles. It's specifically formulated for marine and aeronautical products, but I've been using it for almost 20 years and I'm ecstatic about results like this. I apply it religiously every 3 months, after prepping with P21S Paint Cleaner and it just seems to provide an almost impenetrable shield (emphasis on 'almost') against stuff like acid rain, salt, bird poop, bug kamikaze's and other general junk that ain't too hip for your cars finish. I even use it on the wheels (after cleaning and prepping with BMW Wheel Cleaner).

It's extremely easy on, and also very easy to buff off by hand.

I'm not sure of any test data in regards to #885, but the empirical data that I
have experienced has convinced me that I will be using the stuff for at least another 20 years (if only because that's how long it'll take me to go through the inventory that I have remaining on hand :D ).

For the leather interior I use Lexol leather conditioner, and on the dash and plastic I am currently using 303 Aerospace Protectant (I also have been using it on the tires with great results).

There are a lot of commendable detailing products out there, but the key I've found is to use a regular regimen and stick to it. If you can follow it with an almost religious zeal and fervor the results will be there.

TD330ci
07-15-2005, 10:07 AM
Well, I probably use a wax that nobody else uses. It's made by Collinite. Most people that are in to boats are cognizant that Collinite is the manufacturer of some of the best protective applications in the industry for marine products.

I've been using their paste wax #885 on my automotive vehicles. It's specifically formulated for marine and aeronautical products, but I've been using it for almost 20 years and I'm ecstatic about results like this. I apply it religiously every 3 months, after prepping with P21S Paint Cleaner and it just seems to provide an almost impenetrable shield (emphasis on 'almost') against stuff like acid rain, salt, bird poop, bug kamikaze's and other general junk that ain't too hip for your cars finish. I even use it on the wheels (after cleaning and prepping with BMW Wheel Cleaner).

It's extremely easy on, and also very easy to buff off by hand.

I'm not sure of any test data in regards to #885, but the empirical data that I
have experienced has convinced me that I will be using the stuff for at least another 20 years (if only because that's how long it'll take me to go through the inventory that I have remaining on hand :D ).

For the leather interior I use Lexol leather conditioner, and on the dash and plastic I am currently using 303 Aerospace Protectant (I also have been using it on the tires with great results).

There are a lot of commendable detailing products out there, but the key I've found is to use a regular regimen and stick to it. If you can follow it with an almost religious zeal and fervor the results will be there.

Wow cool info. Link for information on it????

IndyMike
07-18-2005, 06:37 PM
Wow cool info. Link for information on it????
http://www.collinite.com/index.htm

The junk I use, #885 Fleet wax, is found under the Marine section.

When I get the M3 I will have to upgrade to their Jet waxes!

TD330ci
07-18-2005, 10:09 PM

Great info Mike. I will give it a shot. Thanks.

Qship
07-18-2005, 11:40 PM
Well that I know :)

But, Imola/Black and Imola/Grey are blah. And Imola/Imola is too much red :yikes:

So, I thought I could order up natural if it wasnt a huge chunk of $ extra.

I saw an Imola/Imola on ebay a while back. I thought it looked outstanding! (at least in pics). I think Interlagos/Cin is super-duper.

TJS///M3
07-19-2005, 10:52 AM
I saw an Imola/Imola on ebay a while back. I thought it looked outstanding! (at least in pics). I think Interlagos/Cin is super-duper.

Well, you could actually see ILB/Cinn up close if someone (who could that be?) took pictures of their brand new ILB/Cinn and posted them up. :)

Oh course, if he stalls and waits another 2 weeks without posting them, I'll upstage him myself and post my own. :thumbup:

TD330ci
07-19-2005, 11:29 AM
Well, you could actually see ILB/Cinn up close if someone (who could that be?) took pictures of their brand new ILB/Cinn and posted them up. :)

Oh course, if he stalls and waits another 2 weeks without posting them, I'll upstage him myself and post my own. :thumbup:

LOL!!

Go to page one, add the premium pkg and the nav and you have my car!! haha

So there. :p

TJS you will not be dissapointed.

I also saw the official word that the M3 coupe will make it till 5/06. Are you listening Mike!! ;)

IndyMike
07-21-2005, 05:15 PM
I also saw the official word that the M3 coupe will make it till 5/06. Are you listening Mike!!
:fruit:

:smokin:

And quit trying to change the subject, Angus!

PICS OR BAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TD330ci
09-24-2005, 11:18 AM

Mike,

Not to bring this thread back from the dead but I just ordered the #885 paste wax like you suggested and I have another question Do you do any swirl remover prep before you apply the wax? I have been using meguires glaze.

Thanks Mike!!

PS - Loving the car!! When do we get to see yours?? :p

IndyMike
09-24-2005, 05:56 PM
Mike,

Not to bring this thread back from the dead but I just ordered the #885 paste wax like you suggested and I have another question Do you do any swirl remover prep before you apply the wax? I have been using meguires glaze.

Thanks Mike!!

PS - Loving the car!! When do we get to see yours?? :p
My car really doesn't have any swirl marks, so I use P21s paintwork cleanser to prep it prior to applying the 885. It's probably just the non-metallic paint does not display swirls as vividly as the metallics. I think you're going to love it. So easy on and easy off, and after you've built up a solid foundation you can easily go 4 to 6 months between applications.

Glad you are getting max enjoyment out of the IB ZCP. That is great! Alas, it looks like conditions are not very favorable right now for me, so I would say the odds are low that I'll get an M. I guess I'll just have to continue to live vicariously through the antics of you, LMC and the other lucky M owners. So keep the posts and pics coming.

TD330ci
09-25-2005, 12:57 PM
My car really doesn't have any swirl marks, so I use P21s paintwork cleanser to prep it prior to applying the 885. It's probably just the non-metallic paint does not display swirls as vividly as the metallics. I think you're going to love it. So easy on and easy off, and after you've built up a solid foundation you can easily go 4 to 6 months between applications.

Glad you are getting max enjoyment out of the IB ZCP. That is great! Alas, it looks like conditions are not very favorable right now for me, so I would say the odds are low that I'll get an M. I guess I'll just have to continue to live vicariously through the antics of you, LMC and the other lucky M owners. So keep the posts and pics coming.

I think having your beautiful ZHP is plenty. :)

Thanks again for the info. I will report back next weekend after I get to test out the new wax. It's going to be a detail next couple of weekends as I try to get some good coats of wax on both M's before it starts raining. :(