PDA

View Full Version : Estoril Blue

Shades
04-27-2005, 08:40 PM
Picked up my 2005 Estoril Blue M3 last month and took some pics today.

Shades
04-27-2005, 09:10 PM
A few more.

Lori
04-27-2005, 09:18 PM
Absolutley beautiful. What color is the interior? Congratulations on your new M3.

Shades
04-27-2005, 09:56 PM
Absolutley beautiful. What color is the interior? Congratulations on your new M3.
The interior is black nappa.Estoril is a lighter blue and the black is a nice contrast.I like black interiors and never considered getting another color.I saw the pics of your black on black ZCP and it looked fantastic.I love those CSL wheels.

LMC
04-27-2005, 10:30 PM
Beautiful car, Shades! :thumbup:

Estoril is a great color!

RChoudry
04-28-2005, 08:45 AM
that's a keeper!

wbmwf1
04-28-2005, 11:15 AM
Picked up my 2005 Estoril Blue M3 last month and took some pics today.
That is my Favorite M color of all times....They took it out when they introduced the E46...glad to see it back, but pissed I wasn't able to get that option on my 04'....Enjoy, it's a sweet ride.
WBMWF1

trex
04-28-2005, 01:56 PM
Stunning :thumbup: ....was it $2000 US extra for the individual color?

Shades
04-28-2005, 05:04 PM
Stunning :thumbup: ....was it $2000 US extra for the individual color?
Yes it was an individual color,took an extra month in ordering time.The cost was $2600 CDN but that includes the high gloss shadowline trim around the side windows which is a $795 option in Canada.So the color ends up costing $1805 CDN .It is still quite a bit of money for a color, but i love Estoril.It was definitely worth it.

RandyB
04-28-2005, 07:16 PM
Beautiful car - congrats!

Is there any place I can find a list of the available individual colors for the M3? This seems like one of life's greatest mysteries. Electric Red is the color.

LMC
04-29-2005, 07:18 AM
Beautiful car - congrats!

Is there any place I can find a list of the available individual colors for the M3? This seems like one of life's greatest mysteries. Electric Red is the color.

This can get a bit confusing. Electric Red is not an Individual color per se. It is, however, available as a special order color for the M3. It does not really matter much to the US buyer -- the charge is $2,000 extra in either case.

For example, I have ordered a non-standard color (Sterling Gray) for my M3 and am paying the extra money, but I don't believe my car will say "BMW Individual" on the color sticker as Shades' does. Had I ordered Estoril, which IS a BMW Individual color, I think it would say Individual on the plate.

You can find info on the BMW Individual program at www.bmw.com but here is the current list of BMW Individual colors for the E46:

Blue Onyx metallic
Coloured Gold metallic
Carbon Black metallic
Diamond metallic
Estoril Blue metallic
Imola Red
Le Mans Blue metallic
Dark Malachite Green metallic
Brass metallic
Mora metallic
Opal Black metallic
Phoenix Yellow metallic
Ruby Red metallic
Sapphire Black metallic
Velvet Blue metallic
Jet Black
Silver Gray metallic

RandyB
04-29-2005, 06:27 PM
This can get a bit confusing. Electric Red is not an Individual color per se. It is, however, available as a special order color for the M3. It does not really matter much to the US buyer -- the charge is $2,000 extra in either case.

For example, I have ordered a non-standard color (Sterling Gray) for my M3 and am paying the extra money, but I don't believe my car will say "BMW Individual" on the color sticker as Shades' does. Had I ordered Estoril, which IS a BMW Individual color, I think it would say Individual on the plate.

You can find info on the BMW Individual program at www.bmw.com but here is the current list of BMW Individual colors for the E46:

Blue Onyx metallic
Coloured Gold metallic
Carbon Black metallic
Diamond metallic
Estoril Blue metallic
Imola Red
Le Mans Blue metallic
Dark Malachite Green metallic
Brass metallic
Mora metallic
Opal Black metallic
Phoenix Yellow metallic
Ruby Red metallic
Sapphire Black metallic
Velvet Blue metallic
Jet Black
Silver Gray metallic

LMC,

Thanks a lot for answering my question and posting the complete color list. That's good news. I have heard that you can special order any color that is currently available somewhere in the BMW model lineup, so I hope this holds true. I will probably wait until the E90 M3 becomes available. Hopefully Elecrtic Red will still be available as well. :drive: Good luck with your Sterling Gray M3!

GewoW
03-22-2008, 03:26 PM
very sorry to bring this thread back up, but can someone describe the RL appearance of this color? Is it light or dark blue? Are the pictures a good representation, and how similar is it to LSG?

LMC
03-22-2008, 05:53 PM
It is certainly not dark blue. I would describe it more as a bright medium blue, rather than light.

There were many E36 M3s made in this color 1996-1999.

Here's another vehicle with Estoril Blue. :D I like this BMW color so much that I had the bottom half of my Sprinter painted that color. Since it is lower only, it tends to look darker.

GewoW
03-22-2008, 06:26 PM
It is certainly not dark blue. I would describe it more as a bright medium blue, rather than light.

There were many E36 M3s made in this color 1996-1999.

Here's another vehicle with Estoril Blue. :D I like this BMW color so much that I had the bottom half of my Sprinter painted that color. Since it is lower only, it tends to look darker.

Ha! That's original! Is this color much darker than LSB? Are the pictures at the start of the page true to color or too light? Yours seems a tad darker but much of that is the contrast with the white.