PDA

View Full Version : Sound System

shaun132
04-29-2005, 07:52 PM
Is the BMW X3 standard sound system the same one as the standard one that comes in the new 3 series?

If not, does it have good sound and bass?

JG
04-29-2005, 08:23 PM
Is the BMW X3 standard sound system the same one as the standard one that comes in the new 3 series?

If not, does it have good sound and bass?

I am not sure if the two are the same?

I will say the standard sound on the X3 sounds much better to me than the standard E46 system.

Dr. Phil
04-30-2005, 05:32 AM
I am not sure if the two are the same?

I will say the standard sound on the X3 sounds much better to me than the standard E46 system.
I would say the standard X3 sound system is better then the HK in the E46 touring and sedan :eeps: As for bass, my X3 system does quite well but I have a "minor" add on to help :angel: :p

I need to get some pics of mine. I have a 8" W7 in custom side panel set up :str8pimpi :bling:

Patrick
04-30-2005, 05:43 AM
I would say the standard X3 sound system is better then the HK in the E46 touring and sedan :eeps: As for bass, my X3 system does quite well but I have a "minor" add on to help :angel: :p

I need to get some pics of mine. I have a 8" W7 in custom side panel set up :str8pimpi :bling:

:rofl:

Oh no.

:bigpimp:

Dr. Phil
04-30-2005, 06:26 AM

Oh no.

:eeps: :eeps: :eeps:

Patrick
04-30-2005, 06:52 AM
:eeps: :eeps: :eeps:

Why do I feel that this happened before? :eek:

Dr. Phil
04-30-2005, 08:05 AM
Why do I feel that this happened before? :eek:

It's like deja vu all over again :p

RSPDiver
04-30-2005, 10:25 AM
Hey Doc P, did any of the stuff from your 3er fit (or *would* it have fit) in the X?

Patrick
04-30-2005, 10:33 AM
It's like deja vu all over again :p

Yeah! What do they call that? Vu Ja De? :dunno:

Anyway, I am sure that it sounds good!

Dr. Phil
04-30-2005, 03:14 PM
Hey Doc P, did any of the stuff from your 3er fit (or *would* it have fit) in the X?
I reused the sub amp and was planning on using the MBQ premium 3ways in the front but after hearing the system with just the sub, I am not touching the front. It sounds very good so I have chosen to not cut anything else.

climrgrl
04-30-2005, 11:52 PM
I reused the sub amp and was planning on using the MBQ premium 3ways in the front but after hearing the system with just the sub, I am not touching the front. It sounds very good so I have chosen to not cut anything else.

I love MB Quart speakers.......I've replaced the speakers in two previous cars with MB Quarts myself. I felt the same while test driving the X3 -- not worth replacing them, the stock stereo is very good. So I won't be prying door panels of off this car! :)