PDA

View Full Version : Sunroof tinting of X3

mvandenbos
05-03-2005, 06:47 AM
Hi

I'm due to get my X3 delivered in a couple of weeks here in Australia. As part of my car package I'm getting dark tinting; all black car interior (sportpack) and exterior with darkest street legal tinting. The thought occured to me recently though that the sunroof has the function of letting in light. Should I get it tinted? Is it already pre-tinted in the factory to a certain degree (my tinting is a 'aftermarket' option)? Any have experience or advice on this issue?

Thanks in advance for your help

Mehdi
:)

Caesar
05-03-2005, 07:25 AM
Hi

I'm due to get my X3 delivered in a couple of weeks here in Australia. As part of my car package I'm getting dark tinting; all black car interior (sportpack) and exterior with darkest street legal tinting. The thought occured to me recently though that the sunroof has the function of letting in light. Should I get it tinted? Is it already pre-tinted in the factory to a certain degree (my tinting is a 'aftermarket' option)? Any have experience or advice on this issue?

Mehdi

It definitely comes tinted. At least in the U.S. The same tint shade as the "privacy glass" tinting option. Not real dark -- but enough so the sun doesn't beat down on you.

Rob V
05-03-2005, 09:02 AM
Wow! Sounds like you are wanting to eliminate all sunlight coming into the vehicle. You some kind of vampire or something? :rofl: Just kidding, bad joke ;)

JG
05-03-2005, 09:19 AM
Hi

Mehdi

It seems plenty dark to me.

You can also partially close the solid interior cover to reduce volume of light.

M-PIRE
05-03-2005, 01:28 PM
I tinted over my factory privacy glass and really like how it turned out. The moonroof is a little light, but I just close the shade when I want it darker. On dark, rainy nights when I want a little more light in the car for better visibility, I open up the shade. You might want to try that before tinting the roof. Even with a dry powder install, you are going to really mess up your interior trying to tint the roof. Just my 2 cents.

marcusinfl
05-03-2005, 02:17 PM
I also heard that tinting it could cause it to crack from absorbing too much direct sunlight. Just be sure before you do it.