PDA

View Full Version : Help ! I need new tires!

samantha607
05-03-2005, 05:09 PM
I got a flat tire yesterday and my tires are 5 years old and show it. I am trying to get the best deal I can for new tires, without a bit of knowledge about buying tires. I am told I need Michelin Energy MXV4 tires, 205/55 R16 91V OR 91h. so far, the least expensive is Costco or America's. I would welcome any advice!

bren
05-03-2005, 05:23 PM
tirerack.com.....read up.

LoneStarC
05-04-2005, 02:11 AM
Obviously you can't rotate tires in normal sense because the front and rear are different sizes. (and no spare!)

Do owner's swap them side to side? Looks like that might even the outside wear, but logically would require reversing tires on the wheels as well.

Or do you just say the heck with it and get some more?

bren
05-04-2005, 06:06 AM
Obviously you can't rotate tires in normal sense because the front and rear are different sizes. (and no spare!)

Do owner's swap them side to side? Looks like that might even the outside wear, but logically would require reversing tires on the wheels as well.

Or do you just say the heck with it and get some more?
I'd turn them on the rims if it were necessary but from what I can tell the tires wear evenly so it isn't warranted...unless you have some sort of alignment problem or are tracking/autocrossing in which case most people buy a separate set of wheels/tires.