PDA

View Full Version : How can I find a service bulletin number?

craigt-from-atl
05-04-2005, 12:33 PM
I have had my E60 in to the dealership a couple of times for different warranty issues and have had them look into a clicking noise coming from the driver side b-pillar. (basically from the seat belt area right next to my ear)

The first time, they said they put in a piece of rubber to keep some piece from rubbing against the plastic. I thought it strange since the noise I hear is metal on metal, but if it fixes it, who cares? I heard the noise again less than half a mile from the dealership.

Lived with it for a while. Had it in again recently to have a headlight replaced and told them I was still hearing it. This time they had a technician go on a drive with me to see if he could hear it. I offered him the keys so that he could be close to the noise. As soon as he heard it, he immediately knew there was a service bulletin for it.

When I got the car back, it said the technician replaced a washer with a rubber version. I am now hearing the noise again. I am also now hearing it in the passenger b-pillar when I am there.

The technician who identified the issue as a service bulletin issue was not the same technician who worked on my car. I wanted to find out what the service bulletin number is and hopefully check out the service bulletin myself to see what is required in it. Anywhere to locate this information?

Thanks! :thumbup:

edit: I already looked on the alldata website: http://www.alldata.com/TSB/06/0406AZ44.html, but seems like there should be a ton more. (especially if the tech recognized it)

BMWNA
05-09-2005, 09:58 AM
Iím with BMW of North America, LLC. Iím sorry to read of this problem you are having with your 530i. If you and your BMW center need our assistance, please phone us at (800) 831-1117 or email us at CustomerRelations@bmwusa.com, and mention Reference #200512900342 so that we can discuss your concerns.