PDA

View Full Version : new road & track comparison test

wagonman
05-04-2005, 02:33 PM
the june issue of road & track magazine has a comparison test. this one is between the new lexus gs430, the bmw 545i, and the infinity m45. guess which wins? you gott it. the infinity m45. the bimmer was second and the lexus third.

as far as handling and fun to drive factor the bimmer was number one. points deducted were for ride quality..huh? i dont get that one. and get this: styling.

they admittedly did say that styling is subjective but that the bimmers styling looks dated next to the new lexus. you have to be kidding me. i understand not liking the new 5 series but dated? :dunno: that doesnt jibe.

also, the new lexus has that egg shaped roof line that the former audi a6 had. and the rear end is typical japanese busyness.

as far as the infiniti goes, i am sure it is a nice car....but c'mon...ever heard of anyone hankering for a used infinity? and what is that logo, an upside down pie with a piece cut out of it?

Patrick330i
05-04-2005, 02:39 PM
the june issue of road & track magazine has a comparison test. this one is between the new lexus gs430, the bmw 545i, and the infinity m45. guess which wins? you gott it. the infinity m45. the bimmer was second and the lexus third.

as far as handling and fun to drive factor the bimmer was number one. points deducted were for ride quality..huh? i dont get that one. and get this: styling.

they admittedly did say that styling is subjective but that the bimmers styling looks dated next to the new lexus. you have to be kidding me. i understand not liking the new 5 series but dated? :dunno: that doesnt jibe.

also, the new lexus has that egg shaped roof line that the former audi a6 had. and the rear end is typical japanese busyness.

as far as the infiniti goes, i am sure it is a nice car....but c'mon...ever heard of anyone hankering for a used infinity? and what is that logo, an upside down pie with a piece cut out of it?

BMW styling has been getting slammed for a couple of years now. There's no surprise with that one. BMW's have also lost comparos because of price. The G35 comes to mind when it first came out. I think the title was "bimmer beater" or something. BMW basically beat the G in every category, at the time, but still lost the overall comparo. :rofl:

hugh1850
05-04-2005, 02:39 PM

Mt. Fuji :dunno: