PDA

View Full Version : Shipping information

AudioBMW
05-04-2005, 09:14 PM
Hello everyone ...

I am new to the message board but I have been learning a great deal by reading all of your postings about the X3. I am currently awaiting the arrival of my 2005 Mystic Blue X3 (2.5) and I am so happy about it, it's hard for me to wait four weeks for it to arrive.

I have actually been tracking it's progress across the Atlantic using the websites that were provided in other threads and they were very helpful (thanks!).

I do have a couple of questions though ... how are the cars transported once they get to Halifax (road or rail) ... and can that be tracked via the internet as well.

I know it seems a bit obsessive but I really am looking forward to picking up the car and knowing where it is, seems to help !!!

Thanks.
PDS

Rob V
05-04-2005, 09:26 PM
I am also waiting the arrival of mine and it just got the "En Route" status today. I tried to put the VIN number in the W2Global website but it didn't find anything. What other means of tracking is there?

ICEBERG
05-04-2005, 09:50 PM
Congrats on your X3 AudioBMW,

My X3 also came from Halifax. It was with CN Rail. I had a traking number which was provided from the dealer. It took about 3 weeks to get to Calgary.

What options did you get? Any good deals in T.O?

Enjoy. :)

climrgrl
05-04-2005, 10:26 PM
I am also waiting the arrival of mine and it just got the "En Route" status today. I tried to put the VIN number in the W2Global website but it didn't find anything. What other means of tracking is there?

Check out a thread entitled "Waiting for Redelivery" in the European Delivery section. It tells you everything that everyone knows about the subject. Since you're in CO, maybe yours goes to the west coast via NYK lines.

As for my Mystic Blue X3.....my dealer called today and it just arrived! I can pick it up on Friday! I'm so excited!!!! :freakdanc (not quite sure what those bananas are doing, but I did jump around and shout and dance for joy a little bit)

Rob V
05-05-2005, 08:27 AM
Thanks for the info. I'll go check that out now. By the way those bananas are....well, lets just say it's x-rated.

AudioBMW
05-05-2005, 11:27 AM
Hi ... thank you ICEBERG for the information about CN Rail. I will ask the dealer for the information to track it's progress.

My Mystic Blue X3 (2.5) has the pana sunroof, privacy glass and a heated steering wheel. This is my first BMW, so I guess I was conservative with my options ($$$).

As for the deal, I went through a website called Car Cost Canada and what is does is give you the invoice price of the vehicle and puts you in contact with a dealership that will give you a fair deal without all the haggling (which I'm not good at).

The profit mark-up was 9%, so they agreed to essentially split it, but after all the fees I probably got about 4% of the mark-up off (roughly $2000 off). The lease rate (2.5 % for 39 months) and the residual value (58%) was so awesome that the payments are almost the same as for a Honda CRV lease I priced out ... how wild is that?

As for tracking while the cars are still at sea, in another posting I found a website that actually allows you to track the cargo ship across the Atlantic, here is the website: www.sailwx.info You need to know that name of the boat your car is on, and search using that name.

My boat is currently off the coast of Nova Scotia, yeah ... but still at least two more weeks away from Toronto.

Thanks again for the information, this is a great forum.

Cheers,
PDS

x39339
05-05-2005, 04:52 PM
Hi ... thank you ICEBERG for the information about CN Rail. I will ask the dealer for the information to track it's progress.

My Mystic Blue X3 (2.5) has the pana sunroof, privacy glass and a heated steering wheel. This is my first BMW, so I guess I was conservative with my options ($$$).

As for the deal, I went through a website called Car Cost Canada and what is does is give you the invoice price of the vehicle and puts you in contact with a dealership that will give you a fair deal without all the haggling (which I'm not good at).

The profit mark-up was 9%, so they agreed to essentially split it, but after all the fees I probably got about 4% of the mark-up off (roughly $2000 off). The lease rate (2.5 % for 39 months) and the residual value (58%) was so awesome that the payments are almost the same as for a Honda CRV lease I priced out ... how wild is that?

As for tracking while the cars are still at sea, in another posting I found a website that actually allows you to track the cargo ship across the Atlantic, here is the website: www.sailwx.info You need to know that name of the boat your car is on, and search using that name.

My boat is currently off the coast of Nova Scotia, yeah ... but still at least two more weeks away from Toronto.

Cheers,
PDS

Hi,

Congrats on your purchase. I 'm too waiting for deliver in Toronto, too. Is your car on the ship name Unidine? Today, I've received a call from the dealer and they says the ship has arrived in Halifax. Yeah!!! They said 8 - 10 days for CN rail to ship the car to the dealer, so they tell me to prepare pick-up in the week of 15-20th, more likely the 20th they added. Is you car is on the same ship? If so, I think it will be the same date.

My Silver Grey X3 3.0 (Auto) has Pan Sunroof, PDC, Adaptive Headlights, Navi & iPod kit.
Two weeks to go!!!

AudioBMW
05-05-2005, 08:17 PM
Hi,

Congrats on your purchase. I 'm too waiting for deliver in Toronto, too. Is your car on the ship name Unidine? Today, I've received a call from the dealer and they says the ship has arrived in Halifax. Yeah!!! They said 8 - 10 days for CN rail to ship the car to the dealer, so they tell me to prepare pick-up in the week of 15-20th, more likely the 20th they added. Is you car is on the same ship? If so, I think it will be the same date.

My Silver Grey X3 3.0 (Auto) has Pan Sunroof, PDC, Adaptive Headlights, Navi & iPod kit.
Two weeks to go!!!
Hi there:

My X3 is on the Undine too !!! Thanks so much for the information ... hopefully I'll get to pick up my car that week as well.

Congratulations on the purchase of your X3 (I was torn between the Mystic Blue and the Silver Gray, I like both colours very much). My husband has a "Silverstone Grey" Inifinit G35, so I went with the blue to be different.

Thanks again for the information ... two more weeks to go (can't wait !!!)

Cheers,
PDS

JG
05-05-2005, 08:24 PM
Hi there:

My X3 is on the Undine too !!! Thanks so much for the information ... hopefully I'll get to pick up my car that week as well.

Congratulations on the purchase of your X3 (I was torn between the Mystic Blue and the Silver Gray, I like both colours very much). My husband has a "Silverstone Grey" Inifinit G35, so I went with the blue to be different.

Thanks again for the information ... two more weeks to go (can't wait !!!)

Cheers,
PDS

Mine took about 2 weeks from Halifax to the GTA area. I think they arrive by rail in Concord and then get trucked to the dealers.

Enjoy your vehicle - and try to wipe the grin off your face in the first few weeks (months)..............

AudioBMW
05-05-2005, 08:28 PM
Thanks for the information ... and the advice !!! However, I think the smile on my face will be there for awhile (at least when I'm driving).

Cheers,
PDS

Rob V
05-06-2005, 08:01 AM
......Since you're in CO, maybe yours goes to the west coast via NYK lines.

As for my Mystic Blue X3.....my dealer called today and it just arrived! I can pick it up on Friday! I'm so excited!!!!

I've heard that to track through NYK you have to know the the name of the cargo ship that your vehicle is on. How do you find that? Also climgrl, what other options did you get? I ordered a Mystic Blue with Black Sensatec and dark wood. I'd love to see pictures of yours if it's similar. I know that today is your big day so maybe you'll be too excited to actually share the pictures but please do when you get a chance. :)

climrgrl
05-06-2005, 08:44 AM
I've heard that to track through NYK you have to know the the name of the cargo ship that your vehicle is on. How do you find that? Also climgrl, what other options did you get? I ordered a Mystic Blue with Black Sensatec and dark wood. I'd love to see pictures of yours if it's similar. I know that today is your big day so maybe you'll be too excited to actually share the pictures but please do when you get a chance. :)

I had to ask the dealer to get the name of the ship. Even so, NYK's site sucks for tracking. It will technically be on an NYK RoRo ship, www.nykroro.com. But the last I checked, their Schedule page was under construction and the link for email just bounced. I was able to find online schedules for San Diego and I think Jacksonville. So you can track it a few days before and after the ship is at each of those ports, but that was all the info. I had. Also, I was pretty sure it docked in Port Hueneme a day or two after it left San Diego, but the owner's circle status didn't update to "at processing center" until about 5 days later. That was the very day my local dealer called and told me it was here! So it seems that there is still some lag in the owner's circle tracking. I think mine still says it's at the processing center.

Oh, San Diego and JAX links:
www.sdmis.org
http://www.jaxport.com/

Mine's a:
3.0i, manual transmission, mystic blue, gray leather (premium package), dark wood interior but I'm probably going to replace it with the matte titanium from a 2.5i, heated seats, and it will soon have a few little extras like a ice>link iPod adapter, chrome exhaust tips, and a chrome grille.

I can't wait until noon!!! Pictures will be forthcoming!

maurizio
05-16-2005, 08:06 PM
Hey AudioBMW,
I just ordered my X3 in late April.
Where did you get the 2.5% lease rate from?

As for tracking while the cars are still at sea, in another posting I found a website that actually allows you to track the cargo ship across the Atlantic, here is the website: www.sailwx.info (http://www.sailwx.info/) You need to know that name of the boat your car is on, and search using that name.

Cheers,
PDS

AudioBMW
05-17-2005, 07:22 AM
Hi Maurizio:

I went through Town and Country BMW in Markham. I searched for the invoice price through Carcost Canada and the dealership contacted me with the mark-up they were willing to sell it to me for (approx 4% of the mark-up, about $2000 off the retail price with the great lease rate. I thought the lease rate was available until the end of April, so you should be able to get that rate too (for a 39 month period).

I still haven't got my car yet ... the waiting is driving me crazy.

What dealership did you go through? What colour did you order, and with what options?

Do you have to wait a long time too? Good luck with your new purchase !!!

Cheers,
PDS

maurizio
05-17-2005, 07:31 PM
Hey AudioBMW,

I purchased the X3 3.0 at Open Road in Newmarket.
Turns out the 2.5 is 2.5% lease and the 3.0 is 3% lease. As per BMW Canada site, pretty funny.

Found it out just after replied to you.

Yes the wait seems very long.
I will be waiting for about a month in total once I get it.

Pics once you get yours please.

Good luck.

Hi Maurizio:

I went through Town and Country BMW in Markham. I searched for the invoice price through Carcost Canada and the dealership contacted me with the mark-up they were willing to sell it to me for (approx 4% of the mark-up, about $2000 off the retail price with the great lease rate. I thought the lease rate was available until the end of April, so you should be able to get that rate too (for a 39 month period).

What dealership did you go through? What colour did you order, and with what options?

Cheers,
PDS

x39339
05-17-2005, 08:09 PM
Hi Maurizio:

Cheers,
PDS

Hi Audio BMW,

Yes, the wait is driving me crazy too!!! I heard CN Rail is going on strike on Thursday... I hope that won't affect the delivery date.... :cry:

AudioBMW
05-17-2005, 08:33 PM
Hi Maurizio:

That's pretty funny about the lease rates, it certainly is a clever way to remember the different rates for the different models.

As for pictures ... I shall happily post pictures of my new car, as soon as I get it ... I can't wait !!!

I'd love to see pictures of your car when you get it too.

Hi 39339:

The last time I checked, the train that was carrying my car arrived in Concord (just north of Toronto) Monday morning, my dealership told me I should get the car by Friday (hopefully!!!).

If your car was on the Undine, your car was probably on the same train, so hopefully we will not be affected by the strike. Cross your fingers ... and think good thoughts, maybe we will get our cars soon.

Post if you get any information from your dealership, I'd like to know when your car comes in ... pictures too when you get it, of course.

Cheers,
PDS

x39339
05-19-2005, 12:00 PM
Hi Maurizio:

That's pretty funny about the lease rates, it certainly is a clever way to remember the different rates for the different models.

As for pictures ... I shall happily post pictures of my new car, as soon as I get it ... I can't wait !!!

I'd love to see pictures of your car when you get it too.

Hi 39339:

The last time I checked, the train that was carrying my car arrived in Concord (just north of Toronto) Monday morning, my dealership told me I should get the car by Friday (hopefully!!!).

If your car was on the Undine, your car was probably on the same train, so hopefully we will not be affected by the strike. Cross your fingers ... and think good thoughts, maybe we will get our cars soon.

Post if you get any information from your dealership, I'd like to know when your car comes in ... pictures too when you get it, of course.

Cheers,
PDS

Hi Audio BMW,

Thanks for the info! Yes, my car is on the same train I believe, and I just got call from the dealer and my car has arrived. I'm going to pick it up Saturday Morning. :bigpimp: I believe you probably got call from your dealer too, since Town and Contry is closer to Concord than my dealer in Downtown Toronto. So, congrats and I'll post some picts once I got it. :rofl:

Cheers

AudioBMW
05-19-2005, 05:58 PM
Hi Audio BMW,

Thanks for the info! Yes, my car is on the same train I believe, and I just got call from the dealer and my car has arrived. I'm going to pick it up Saturday Morning. :bigpimp: I believe you probably got call from your dealer too, since Town and Contry is closer to Concord than my dealer in Downtown Toronto. So, congrats and I'll post some picts once I got it. :rofl:

Cheers

Hi 39339:

Congratulations on your X3 arriving safe and sound ... I think I am picking mine up on Saturday too!!! Thanks for letting me know the good news. I will post pictures too, as soon as I figure out how to do it !!!

Cheers,
PDS

maurizio
05-19-2005, 08:18 PM
Hello x39339 and AudioBMW,

Get pics for your X3's please.
I have to wait for another month at least.

Please let me know if your in dash CD player plays MP3 CD's. This is something I was counting on for my new vehicle.

Cheers.

x39339
05-19-2005, 08:37 PM

Please let me know if your in dash CD player plays MP3 CD's. This is something I was counting on for my new vehicle.

Cheers.

Thanks! I'm 100% sure the indash CD player would play MP3 CDs, but one thing I know is make sure you don't create /put different folders on your MP3 CD. But I'm not sure will the system display the song names or no, I'll try that on Saturday when I got it.

AudioBMW
05-20-2005, 12:29 PM
Hi there:

I just spoke with my dealership and my X3 still hasn't been delivered to them, even though it's been in Toronto since Monday !!! I'm so frustrated, I know it's not a big deal, but I wanted the car for the long weekend. Hopefully, I'll get it next week ... Let us know X39339 how it goes for you on Saturday ... Have a safe and wonderful long weekend.

Cheers,
PDS

Schmebi
05-24-2005, 01:16 PM
Can someone tell me where I can find the BMW 800 number for order tracking purposes? Thanks.

x39339
05-24-2005, 06:09 PM
Hi there:

I just spoke with my dealership and my X3 still hasn't been delivered to them, even though it's been in Toronto since Monday !!! I'm so frustrated, I know it's not a big deal, but I wanted the car for the long weekend. Hopefully, I'll get it next week ... Let us know X39339 how it goes for you on Saturday ... Have a safe and wonderful long weekend.

Cheers,
PDS

Hi Audio,
Well, my first attempt to pick up my car on Saturday failed ... My sales person went to some sort of training on Friday and expect it will be done. when I showed up at the same time as the sales person on Saturday morning, then found out the car is not ready yet with no ipod adaptor and not yet clean up. I saw it at the lot for about five minutes and that was it. I'm going to pick it tomorrow night. It's very frustrated. :mad: Good thing is they let me keep driving my trade-in for the weekend. They promised it will be ready tomorrow night. I hope you have better luck then me.

AudioBMW
05-24-2005, 08:34 PM
Hi X39339:

I'm sorry to hear about your experience on Saturday, I think I would have freaked out from frustration. I still haven't got my car either, hopefully it should be ready for pick-up on Thursday. Don't worry, once we get our cars, we will forget about all the waiting ... it will be worth it !!! Good luck, let me know how it goes.

Hi Schmebi:

I'm sorry but I don't know a 1 800 number for tracking purposes. Once you have the VIN #, you can track it that way.

Good luck.

Cheers,
PDS

Bobak
05-28-2005, 01:14 PM
Hi,

I'm also waiting for my X3. Can you please give me the website for checking the status?

Thanks..

AudioBMW
05-28-2005, 07:48 PM
Hi there:

If you have your Vin #, you can check out the status with this website:

http://www.2wglobal.com/www/wep/index.jsp

If you know the name of the ship it is coming from Germany, you track that progress with the website listed at one of the begining posts of this thread.

Good luck with your new purchase, I just got my car yesterday after a 4 week wait ... it was torture, but definately worth it.

Cheers,
PDS

P.S. Look under customer centre, then cargo tracking, then auto cargo. It is here that you enter the VIN #.

Steveo8998
05-28-2005, 08:22 PM
I'v been waiting for 3 weeks now and my dealership still hasnt "gotten" my vin number yet. whats up with that? Are they just lazy or something? :dunno:

Bobak
05-28-2005, 09:38 PM
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I checked out the site; as well as BMW's owners circle. All I need now is the VIN. But I don't know how I can get mine. The only thing my dealership gave me was the paper confirming my options, trade-in, etc., and there is not VIN on that sheet. Could you tell me where I can find it, or obtain it? Thanks in advance.

Bobak
05-28-2005, 09:40 PM
I guess others are having the same issue. I only ordered mine 2.5 weeks ago. I guess I'll get it soon.

Bobak
05-28-2005, 10:05 PM

Cheers.

Hi maurizio,

I haven't received my car yet. Not even close.. :cry: However, I have tested out the CD Player during my test drive, and it did play MP3, even when I made it with Win XP's drag and drop option. In my case, it didn't show titles. Just 1-track1. The first "1" refers to the folder, and then the track...thats unfortunate, but at least it plays it as a standard feature, not an option. By the way, did anyone get the NAV system or the privacy glass? I got the privacy glass, but not the NAV. But I can still make changes, since its for production in June. Have to wait until end of July...Lucky all you others who are getting it this week :cry:

AudioBMW
05-29-2005, 09:58 AM
Hi Bobak:

My dealership gave me my VIN #, once my car was in production ... so if you are scheduled for June production they may not have that information yet. My suggestion is to call the dealership and ask them when the VIN # will be available.

I got the Privacy glass feature with my new X3 ... and it's not very dark actually, if I had to do it again, I don't know if I would get it or do an aftermarket tint once I got the car.

The problem for me was that the convenience of having it done with the dealership was greater than my desire for the best and darkest tint !!! So if a really dark tinit is important to you, check out a model at the dealership that has privacy glass and see if it is dark enough for you.

Overall, the car is so much fun to drive you won't care if the tinit is not dark enough !!!

Cheers,
PDS

Bobak
05-29-2005, 06:49 PM
Hi AudioBMW,

Thanks a lot for the information. So, from your sugestions, do you think I should remove that option? Because I think I still have time. Also, would it be possible for you to post a picture of your car with the side windows visible, so I can see how dark it is? If you want, I can give you my e-mail address. I would really appreciate it if you could somehow get me the picture. Thanks.

Schmebi
06-14-2005, 05:29 AM
Hi- I was wondering if someone could give me an idea of the approx wait time I am looking at for the delivery of my car. BMW 800 # states that I have a production completion date of 6/15. From this point, does anyone have any idea generally how long it would take for an east coast delivery? Thanks. :dunno:

Rob V
06-14-2005, 08:28 AM
It generally takes about 8-9 weeks from the production date. I don't really know what the production date was for my car but I ordered it on April 7th and it's ready to be picked up in about 4 hours. IT'S ABOUT TIME!!! So for me it was almost 10 weeks total from the order date. 10........long...........miserable........weeks... ......of waiting. :cry:

But don't worry, it will go by soon enough if you keep yourself busy. My guess is that you'll take delivery about the week of August 8th. :thumbup:

Schmebi
06-14-2005, 04:11 PM
Thanks Rob V and congrats on your new arrival! :D How long did your dealer tell you it would take? Mine told me 6-8 weeks max? If I go all the way into Aug, I will be without transport, arghhh.....I ordered mine on May 19 hoping to avoid that scenario. :eek:

Rob V
06-15-2005, 08:41 AM
My dealer told me it would take 9 weeks so he was right on the money. I imagine that it takes longer for us west-coast people because the transport ships have to travel the extra distance to California through the Panama Canal. I would think that 6-8 weeks is very possible being on the east-coast. To be specific, my dealer told me to expect delivery on the 15th and I got it on the 14th.

saloveku
06-15-2005, 02:54 PM
I ordered an X3 today (Toronto) and was told that the West Coast delivery time may in fact be earlier than the East Coast. No reason given though and I didn't push it. I was given the same time frame - July production - production takes 5 - 8 days to assemble and then shipping, customs, delivery from port can take up to 40 days!

Schmebi
06-15-2005, 03:22 PM
Now the 800 # tells me the car has been "released to a carrier and is awaiting transportation to the port of exit." The customer svc. rep tells me that going forward, all the info will be now be through the dealer. I have read of several carriers used in shipping, is there one specific that is used for cargo to the east coast US? Or, is it whoever the particular dealer works with? Do I need to contact them to get the shipping company? Thanks for any thoughts on this....

JG
06-15-2005, 08:08 PM
I ordered an X3 today (Toronto) and was told that the West Coast delivery time may in fact be earlier than the East Coast. No reason given though and I didn't push it. I was given the same time frame - July production - production takes 5 - 8 days to assemble and then shipping, customs, delivery from port can take up to 40 days!

If you are in TO - your vehicle will be arriving via Halifax. After arrival in port, you can expect a 2 - 3 week wait until delivered to your dealer. It depends on when the shipping service has a full load to ship to Concord where the GTA vehicles arrive.

JG
06-15-2005, 08:17 PM
Now the 800 # tells me the car has been "released to a carrier and is awaiting transportation to the port of exit." The customer svc. rep tells me that going forward, all the info will be now be through the dealer. I have read of several carriers used in shipping, is there one specific that is used for cargo to the east coast US? Or, is it whoever the particular dealer works with? Do I need to contact them to get the shipping company? Thanks for any thoughts on this....

There are several threads on this topic which refer to specific shipping companies.

Once you have your VIN number - you should be able to track directly through the shipping company. BMW information will generally be out of date in comparison with the shippers.

I think most if not all X3's ship from Bremerhaven Germany.

This should work for X3's

Go to this site:

http://www.2wglobal.com/www/wep/index.jsp

"Customer Centre " menu on top - select 'Cargo tracking'

Then select 'Auto Cargo'

Just put in your VIN number and it will show you:

Booked date
Received at Terminal date
Loaded on vessel date
Discharged date
Delivered from date.

BTW you can enter this information for an older or current vehicle, and it will provide the same information history.

Bobak
07-09-2005, 04:40 PM
Booked date
Received at Terminal date
Loaded on vessel date
Discharged date
Delivered from date.

Does the "Delivered from date" mean the date that they placed it on the train? Because mine has been here for 5 days, and it doesn't say that. It only says Discharged.

JG
07-09-2005, 08:03 PM
Does the "Delivered from date" mean the date that they placed it on the train? Because mine has been here for 5 days, and it doesn't say that. It only says Discharged.

I think discharged means unloaded off the boat.

Delivered date - is probably the date it leaves the Halifax compound.

Here are the times for my vehicle.

'Discharged' from Halifax March 7.

'Delivered from' Halifax March 17.

It arrived at my dealer March 25 although I picked it up on the 28th.

So basically a little under 3 weeks from discharge date.

I think alot depends on when they have a full load for delivery west.

Mine apparently sat in Halifax for 10 days before being loaded for delivery to Ontario.

Bobak
07-09-2005, 10:01 PM
Thanks for the info. Do you know of the 1-800 number ppl talk about for order status? I am planning a trip, so I need to reserve a hotel. That's why I want some more detail about the status. Thanks again.

JG
07-10-2005, 09:28 AM
Thanks for the info. Do you know of the 1-800 number ppl talk about for order status? I am planning a trip, so I need to reserve a hotel. That's why I want some more detail about the status. Thanks again.

I would just call your dealer - I think the 1-800 thing is for the USA.

Schmebi
07-12-2005, 01:02 PM
I think discharged means unloaded off the boat.

Delivered date - is probably the date it leaves the Halifax compound.

Here are the times for my vehicle.

'Discharged' from Halifax March 7.

'Delivered from' Halifax March 17.

It arrived at my dealer March 25 although I picked it up on the 28th.

So basically a little under 3 weeks from discharge date.

I think alot depends on when they have a full load for delivery west.

Mine apparently sat in Halifax for 10 days before being loaded for delivery to Ontario.

Seriously? Do most of you have this scenario aboove? My X3 was discharged on July 9 from the New York port and it does not yet say "delivered from." I do not believe the VPC is too far from this port, correct? I was hoping to have the car by this weekend, but from the sound of it I think not. I thought the torture was over given the port and VPC were only a few hours away from my dealer. Does anyone else have feedback on how long it took to receive their cars from the time it arrived on the east coast? :eeps:

JG
07-12-2005, 07:36 PM
Seriously? Do most of you have this scenario aboove? My X3 was discharged on July 9 from the New York port and it does not yet say "delivered from." I do not believe the VPC is too far from this port, correct? I was hoping to have the car by this weekend, but from the sound of it I think not. I thought the torture was over given the port and VPC were only a few hours away from my dealer. Does anyone else have feedback on how long it took to receive their cars from the time it arrived on the east coast? :eeps:

Well it took a couple of weeks for mine - and it doesn't really surprise me.

I would think the average wait, once it has arrived in port is 1-2 weeks.

Seems a bit lame and a long time - but then again:

they have to complete paper work - load up a train or transport trailer - send to the regional preparation center - then to dealer - and then the dealer needs a couple of days to prepare.

saloveku
07-12-2005, 08:15 PM
Well it took a couple of weeks for mine - and it doesn't really surprise me.

I would think the average wait, once it has arrived in port is 1-2 weeks.

I don't think the port systems work that way. You don't unlaod a car from a ship and then just hitch it up to a trailer and drive it off a to a BMW distribution center. This is a process. If you think that ordinary UPS/Fedex can take 5 - 8 days to get around for a simple package without any expedited service; you can imagine that there are difficult logistics to get it to the dealer. Now I'm not trying to be an apologist... I've got to go through the same process... my X3 isn't due to arrive until the end of August.

Bobak
07-15-2005, 06:29 PM
The 2WGlobal Site isn't up-to-date at all! My car is in Toronto, reaching dealer tomorrow, and the site still says Halifax! It had really gotten me worried. I'm so happy Now!! Getting my car on Tuesday, finally!

JG
07-16-2005, 04:45 PM
I don't think the port systems work that way. You don't unlaod a car from a ship and then just hitch it up to a trailer and drive it off a to a BMW distribution center.

That was my point :eek: - and why I indicated it takes a period of time after arrival to work through the system.