PDA

View Full Version : 550 Hard Info?

stajer
05-06-2005, 08:53 AM
Anyone have any hard info on the expected release of the 550i? Will it replace the 545? This is what I got from BMWNA:

Dear Mr. Stajer:

Thank you for contacting BMW of North America, LLC regarding the upcoming 550i. We appreciate your interest and enthusiasm for our vehicles. BMW has not released any information on the 550i at this time. I suggest staying in touch with us through our website, www.bmwusa.com, for product updates and releases.

If you have any further questions, please respond to this e-mail or contact the Customer Relations and Services Department at 1-800-831-1117, Monday through Friday from 9:00 A.M. to 9:00 P.M., Eastern Standard Time. Again, thank you for contacting BMW.

Sincerely,

arnolds
05-06-2005, 09:09 AM
What else would you like to know? It will probably have an upgraded engine w/ 30 more HP than the 545. BMW will probably Comfort Access. As far as styling, its the same as the current e60 models. It will probably show up in October, details will probably be forthcoming in August w/ pricing soon afterwards.

stajer
05-06-2005, 10:11 AM
What is Comfort Access? Will it replace the 545 or be a 4th model? If it replaces the 545 - will it be the same price?

arnolds
05-06-2005, 10:14 AM
What is Comfort Access? Will it replace the 545 or be a 4th model? If it replaces the 545 - will it be the same price?

Comfort Access:
All cars receive a newly designed key that replaces the conventional blade-type key but with Comfort Access the key contains an ID Sensor that the car recognises from a short distance away. On recognition, the doors are unlocked automatically and the car can be started with one push of the starter button. The Comfort Access system also works in tandem with BMW's familiar key memory system to ensure that the seating position, door mirrors, personalised air conditioning settings and radio reception are automatically adjusted to the current drivers' settings before they enter the car.

It will most likely replace the 545. It will probably be a little more expensive than the current 545.

stajer
05-06-2005, 03:55 PM
Thanks Arnolds, I appreciate it.