PDA

View Full Version : What would be ?

TJS///M3
05-07-2005, 09:44 AM
I've been shopping around at dealers here in CT seeing what they would sell me a new M3 for. Forgive me for putting up a post like this, but I searched and didnt really find where people stated their opinions.

I'm just curious what some of you would consider to be a good deal. I mean, is $3k off MSRP a good deal? $3.5k off? I'm not looking for people to state what they got as far as a deal, unless you are comfortable doing so. I'm just trying to get a feel for what I can expect, as I have heard other people getting $2k - 3k off as a standard deal and I'm wondering if some dealers are feeling a little bit of a crunch, and would throw deals like this out right up front.

Bavarian MW
05-07-2005, 10:12 AM
This thread may help:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96973

TJS///M3
05-07-2005, 10:51 AM
Indeed it does. Thank you.

LMC
05-07-2005, 03:31 PM
I'm just curious what some of you would consider to be a good deal. I mean, is $3k off MSRP a good deal? $3.5k off? I'm not looking for people to state what they got as far as a deal, unless you are comfortable doing so. I'm just trying to get a feel for what I can expect, as I have heard other people getting $2k - 3k off as a standard deal and I'm wondering if some dealers are feeling a little bit of a crunch, and would throw deals like this out right up front.

This type of thing varies so much from area to area. My deal in Oregon is wholesale + 3,220 -- or about 1,550 off list. I was slightly disappointed that I couldn't do better, but decided to stay with my local dealer.

I believe 3K off list would be a "good deal."

bimmerguy
05-07-2005, 04:19 PM
Amount over invoice is only the beginning. They can and will get you on money factors, doc fees. They can really rip you on a trade in etc etc.

You have to look at the overall deal.

I would pay more a little more to develop a relationship with a dealership that was honest with me and had a great service department.

If you only care about saving, you can contact dealerships that are out of state and schedule a spartanburg delivery.

Chupracabre
05-07-2005, 05:06 PM
If you are talking about dealer inventory ?

If so then timing is every thing. If it is eom, or eoy and the sales rep needed to make a number you can score well.

A good starting number is 10% less than MSRP.

The dealer has all sorts of spiffs that you never see. So really that starting point is fair

Another way I go is to offer $500.00 over dealer cost - not invoice, dealer cost.

So a loaded 330 will go about $42 you should start at $38k.

Places like AutoByTel and Edmunds will give you good numbers.

Edmunds had a good article about a writer that went under cover to learn the car sales man game.

Pinecone
05-08-2005, 05:34 PM
Not all cars sell by the same rules. Also it dependson many factors, such as locality, model of car, time on the lot, etc, etc, etc.