PDA

View Full Version : Looking for 2004 or 2005 M3

Msnowdon
05-08-2005, 01:39 PM
I have come to the conclusion that a M3 is the car that I want.

Looking for

M3 Coupe
SMG
Premium
Navi
19's
Xennon
HK System.

Do you know of any cars for sale like this with low miles in California? Would like to get something this week.

Thanks

jetstream23
05-08-2005, 11:33 PM
I have come to the conclusion that a M3 is the car that I want.

Looking for

M3 Coupe
SMG
Premium
Navi
19's
Xennon
HK System.

Do you know of any cars for sale like this with low miles in California? Would like to get something this week.

Thanks

2 forum suggestions, try "Ask a Dealer" or the "Classifieds" !

drallafi
05-09-2005, 09:24 AM
Just be sure to test-drive an SMG equipped car before you buy. It's one of those thing that looks wonderful on paper, but in reality it's.... not that great.

e36M3r
05-09-2005, 11:46 AM
Yep, wonderful on paper, but far exceeded my expectation in reality. SMG is way cool, and I've only ever purchased clutch pedal cars in my 30 years of driving. Or... you could get the same old...

The HACK
05-09-2005, 11:46 AM
Just be sure to test-drive an SMG equipped car before you buy. It's one of those thing that looks wonderful on paper, but in reality it's.... not that great.
It's not that great if 1) you bought it expecting an automatic transmission 2) you don't know how to drive a manual 3) you don't track the car.

SMG is so freakin' awesome on the track that it's almost like cheatin'. Actually it IS cheating, because it makes it easy to left foot brake AND you don't need to worry about rev-matching downshifts and you keep your hands on the wheel at all times.

Pinecone
05-09-2005, 04:32 PM
Actually you don't have to worry about properly rev matching and spinning. ANd you don't have to worry about money shifitng the car and making the nice engine into a lump of junk. :)

Of course having to only brake and turn does help you precision in doing so.

I was racing an SRF this past weekend and VIR and the group started experimenting with a different way of doing the uphill esses and South Bend that eliminated teh downshift into South bend. MUCH faster. MUCH easier to concentrat on gettin gthe turn in and paex right without worryig about doing, much less blowing, the downshift and going off ina very not nice place.

The HACK
05-09-2005, 05:37 PM
If I were to get a car that will see track dooties, and SMG is offered as an option, I will probably opt for SMG. If I were to get a car to tool around town only, I would get the stick.

But chances are, if I were to get any *new* car from now on, it'll most likely see track dooty.

'Cane
05-09-2005, 09:55 PM
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97401

alcast082
05-30-2005, 11:47 PM
Hey,
if you are interested in a lease i can get you a pretty sweet deal. I am talking around 3500 down and payments below 600 dollars for a $56000 car
email me at alcast082@msn.com