PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth - will any Smartphones work???

MacHalfy
05-10-2005, 11:19 AM
It seems like the list BMW provides are only basic cell phones, but I want a smartphone that includes email capabilities. Will any of those work with my 545i?

arnolds
05-10-2005, 11:47 AM
It seems like the list BMW provides are only basic cell phones, but I want a smartphone that includes email capabilities. Will any of those work with my 545i?

I just paired my Treo 650 yesterday with my 545. No problems except for the phone book not transferring, only favorites. Treo was also not on the supported list.

MacHalfy
05-10-2005, 12:52 PM
Cool, thanks! Does that mean the BMW will not store any contacts, or they just won't transfer automatically? Is there another way to get them into the iDrive so that you can call contacts without using the phone?

arnolds
05-10-2005, 01:53 PM
Cool, thanks! Does that mean the BMW will not store any contacts, or they just won't transfer automatically? Is there another way to get them into the iDrive so that you can call contacts without using the phone?

I put most of my important contacts on my favorites list. That's how I'm coping with this issue.

yamilrx
05-14-2005, 08:42 AM
I just paired my audiovox smt 5600 smartphone and it seemed to recognize it but I don't know what to do next. I have not had a chance to play with it since last night. I am not sure if I have to activate the car's phone for it to go through my radio. The manual totally skips bluetooth. I have an 05 530i built in February or January.