PDA

View Full Version : Portland (Oregon) Road Rally anyone?

Spartacus_33
05-11-2005, 08:21 AM
This may not be the most appropriate place for this.... but I woke up this morning and thought.. wouldn't it be cool to coordinate some sort of E60 (other BMW models could also attend) Road Rally, ..... and do something like tour the wineries (or something similar) on some weekend this summer........

Any interest? :dunno:

Ågent99
05-11-2005, 08:27 AM
:rofl: I'm glad you tossed in the state name...we'd have all the Maine folks getting excited about this! :)

Here in the Bay Area, we have a group called, duh, Bay Area Bimmers and they organize all sorts of meets and drives, rallies, etc.

You could start one in your area...grab the Seattle folks maybe?? :dunno:

Good luck to you!

:thumbup:

Spartacus_33
05-11-2005, 08:34 AM
:rofl: I'm glad you tossed in the state name...we'd have all the Maine folks getting excited about this! :)

Here in the Bay Area, we have a group called, duh, Bay Area Bimmers and they organize all sorts of meets and drives, rallies, etc.

You could start one in your area...grab the Seattle folks maybe?? :dunno:

Good luck to you!

:thumbup:
:rofl: I know... although I have noticed any "Maine" signatures....... thought I should clarify that...... however.... if anyone from Maine would like to come along???? :D

noonehome
05-11-2005, 08:39 AM
This may not be the most appropriate place for this.... but I woke up this morning and thought.. wouldn't it be cool to coordinate some sort of E60 (other BMW models could also attend) Road Rally, ..... and do something like tour the wineries (or something similar) on some weekend this summer........

Any interest? :dunno:

Maybe split the difference between Seattle and Portland... Not that I don't enjoy driving, Portland is a bit far plus the Rally it self would most likely go south making a very long trip home. Maybe Johnston Ridge on Mt. St Helens. Round trip, that's and 8+ hour drive from Seattle.

Spartacus_33
05-12-2005, 07:30 AM
Maybe split the difference between Seattle and Portland... Not that I don't enjoy driving, Portland is a bit far plus the Rally it self would most likely go south making a very long trip home. Maybe Johnston Ridge on Mt. St Helens. Round trip, that's and 8+ hour drive from Seattle.
HA! We don't have to do just one........ it's a long summer, perhaps you can also get something going in the Seattle area. :dunno:

I stumbled across one of these "road rallys" a couple of years ago while touring the wineries. They were all driving Alfa Romeos. I was driving my Black/Black E39.

While inside, when the host was asked the price for one particular bottle and the answer was $45... one of the wives said, "that's pretty expensive for one bottle of wine"..... of course with me being in a crowd of drivers who had a preference for these Italian designed autos and my bimmer being the only one in the parking lot...... I had to say, "that's a drop in the bucket compared the maintenace you must have to pay to drive that Italian POS outside in the parking lot.

OK... I didn't actually say POS, but I got a big laugh anyway. :bustingup