PDA

View Full Version : Folding down the Passenger Seat

tonymey
05-11-2005, 11:40 AM
Is there any way to fold forward the electric passenger seat ? The other day I had to hauled a long item but the passenger seat would only go slightly forward.. It would be nice to have it fold flat to accomodate long objects.. :dunno: Has anyone else encounter this ?

Steveo8998
05-16-2005, 04:35 PM
Is there any way to fold forward the electric passenger seat ? The other day I had to hauled a long item but the passenger seat would only go slightly forward.. It would be nice to have it fold flat to accomodate long objects.. :dunno: Has anyone else encounter this ?

No, I'm afraid not.
:dunno:

tonymey
05-17-2005, 12:12 PM
This is where BMW didn't do there homework,, if you look at the Equinox, Escape, RAV4, and CRV just to name a few they all have better ways of hauling stuff. On many SUV's you can open the rear window seperately or fold down the rear seats flat and move them fore and aft several inches. The front passenger seat also folds forward and many other convenient things.
:mad:

I known many of you are saying why didn't I get one of those SUVs instead, well the truth of the matter is I've been driving BMW for many , many years and have become fond of them. (and the wife would not go for anything else). That said, I still feel BMW needs to do a better job and find a way to make it more Utility in there SAV. I know it's a (SAV) Sports Activity Vehicle, not a Sport Utility Vehicle.

Xcube
05-17-2005, 02:15 PM
I share tonymey's sentiments being one who've driven a CR-V for the last 3 yrs. unitl I traded it with my 05 X3. Things I've done to the CR-V, loading groceries, bikes, construction materials, anything as long as it fits, I can never allow on the X3. And looking at it possitively, not having these features somehow protects my favorite X3 from my abusive tendencies. Hey, that's the very reason why I bought a pickup truck in the 1st place anyway. ;)