PDA

View Full Version : pricing

wagonman
05-12-2005, 11:38 PM
it is true upon reflection that a 10k premium of the e61 touring ovef an x5 3.0 is a lot of $$. what to do? i dont know how or why bmw comes up with prices but what i do know is that the wagon is priced in relationship to the sedan. that is, historiaclly wagons have been about2k or above the sedan. awd is another premium. it adds up! when i first heard about the touring before any infor was available. frankly speaking i thought i was getting a 525i without awd. then, bmw decided (wisely) to only offer the 530xi. on a strict value basis i would agree with those here who have protested that the e61 is overpriced. i cannot argue against that point. oh well, its only money!!

Ågent99
05-13-2005, 10:13 AM
Well, you've got the following to play with:

(1) Euro Delivery
(2) BMW CCA Rebate
(3) Jim Cupp at DeLon in Salem who should give you a good deal

This will help things a bit but it is still a pricey option in the US unfortunately.

shabbaman
05-14-2005, 07:12 AM
Well, you've got the following to play with:

(1) Euro Delivery
(2) BMW CCA Rebate
(3) Jim Cupp at DeLon in Salem who should give you a good deal

This will help things a bit but it is still a pricey option in the US unfortunately.

I understand your points, agent, but really, the only thing the wagon has going for it pricewise is the ED. The CCA rebate would apply to either car so therefore taking $1000 off the X5 would make it a better discount percentage wise than the wagon and as far as the dealer - Wagonman should get a good deal on either car.

wagonman
05-14-2005, 05:28 PM
being a newcomer to ED, i did not know about bmw cc discount. nor did i know about delon in salem. i did however do quite well considering. next time..

wagonman
05-15-2005, 12:04 AM
sorry, i did make a pricing mistake. the actual price difference between the x5 3.0 and e61 touring is $7350. the x5 i priced has: cold weather pack, premium package, steptronic,heated steering wheel, auto dimming mirros, xenons, nav, premium sound, halogens, it came to an msrp of $52,320. the e61 touring came to 59,670. this is 14% premium. no doubt about it the wagon is expensive. are any bimmers cheap though :dunno:

MarcusSDCA
05-16-2005, 09:07 PM
Speaking of pricing...where is the pdf file with the wholesale prices? Ooops...found it. Had to do a search using "pricing" but only in the title of thread...... :thumbup:

laurie111
05-22-2005, 03:30 PM
Where did you find the confidential wholesale price list. I have been able to find it in the past but do not remember where I found it. Thanks! :)

Jon Shafer
05-22-2005, 05:32 PM
Where did you find the confidential wholesale price list. I have been able to find it in the past but do not remember where I found it. Thanks! :)

See this post:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1200117&postcount=23

:rolleyes: