PDA

View Full Version : NE1 driven a 2006 530 with manual trans ?

Robert A
05-15-2005, 12:16 PM
No one in L.A. has manual transmission 530i's in stock yet. Has anyone driven one of these, with sport package and w/o AS care to comment on how the car drives?

yamilrx
05-15-2005, 02:57 PM
No one in L.A. has manual transmission 530i's in stock yet. Has anyone driven one of these, with sport package and w/o AS care to comment on how the car drives?

I have a 2005 530i with 6spd manual transmission and standard package. I really like the feel of the handling and the clutch is really smooth. Mine has the 225hp engine and it works for me as far a pickup. I had the same problem as you where nobody in the area had a 6spd for test driving. I drove a friend who has the same engine but a different body style(2003) and I enjoyed it. Not sure if this helps you.

anlauf
05-15-2005, 05:36 PM
After my son and I pick one up ED.

OnOn
05-16-2005, 06:46 AM
I picked my '06 530i 6 speed w/ Sport Package (no AS) up via ED on May 2nd and am awaiting redelivery currently. I thought the ride was AWSOME w/ the sport package and loved the way the 5 speed felt in terms of throw length and clutch feel. I had the same issue as you in terms of not finding one to test drive, but I have no regrets what so ever!

OnOn

Robert A
05-16-2005, 07:07 AM
How about the acceleration (did you drive a former 530?) and the engine note?

I picked my '06 530i 6 speed w/ Sport Package (no AS) up via ED on May 2nd and am awaiting redelivery currently. I thought the ride was AWSOME w/ the sport package and loved the way the 5 speed felt in terms of throw length and clutch feel. I had the same issue as you in terms of not finding one to test drive, but I have no regrets what so ever!

OnOn

OnOn
05-16-2005, 07:42 AM
Robert --

Honestly that was hard to get a complete feel for as I tried to be a good boy and stay within the confines of the break-in rules. I defintitly noticed a lot more 'get up and go' versus the '04 525 6 speed that i test drove about 5 months ago. It sounded very sweet and am very anxious to take redelivery so I can really stretch its legs!

OnOn