BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Initial Impression.... 2005 545i

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  arnolds 
#1 ·
Ok, I've now been reunited with the car for about 300 miles. Its truly an amazing vehicle. Much more smoother than my 2001 E39 530 in terms of the ride without sacrificing handling. Just a solid feel on the road and the run flats are pretty quiet. I mean the whole cabin is quiet. Every freeway rut and cranny that I now feel on our 2002 X5 4.4i Sport is muted on the 545i Sport.

AS is great. I now miss it on our other BMW's.

Sirius satellite has pretty good channels. I'm especially glued to the First Wave station. However, it does cut out too much when passing underneath a underpass. There needs to be a longer buffer.

Oh yeah, Bluetooth rocks even with my unsupported Treo 650! Another feature I wish our other cars have!

There's a new garage queen in town and I'm so happy to add it to our garage!

:thumbup:

#2 ·
Let me get all my DMV crap worked out and then I'll be able to log some more miles and I'll post my thoughts.

The Sirius is pretty cool thus far. I'm on the Rock, old Vinyl (or something like that) channel. However, the "headbangers" (or something like that) one is calling my name! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.