PDA

View Full Version : Touring Info Now Avail @ BMWUSA.COM

be-em-veh-808
05-17-2005, 09:10 AM
Just an FYI...

After checking the BMWUSA.COM site everyday for the past 2 months, it finally arrived.

The BMWUSA.COM site now has full info on the 530xiT!!!!

Enjoy.

wagonman
05-17-2005, 09:33 AM
Yes!

be-em-veh-808
05-17-2005, 10:41 AM
Yes!

Hey Wagonman,

You're going to pick up your 530ixT via ED soon, right??? Congrats!

I'm also a big fan of the Touring/Estate. However, I wished that BMW will offer the RWD version. We all know that MB offers the E-wagon in both RWD and AWD and Audi offers the A6 Avant in Front and All wheel drive.

Here in SoCal, there's really no need for X-Drive.

I am aware of the ongoing discussion on your other threads regarding the price premium for the 530ixT. IF BMW offered a RWD version, that should knock off ~ $2200 on the price. So, that would make the ED invoice price ~ 40,770 for the base car, quite a bit more affordable. But that's a big IF!!!

Based on BMW press releases, the new E91 325 Wagon will be offered in xiT version in the Fall, followed by a RWD version next year. Anyone think/know that BMW will do that for the 5-series Wagon as well????

I guess my other alternative is to wait for the M5 Touring/Estate...see link below

http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=102389

Quote from article:

"M-badged SUVs? BMW considering expansion of high-performance unit’s model lineup"
JENS MEINERS |

Automotive News Europe
Posted Date: 5/17/05

"MUNICH – BMW could expand its M range of high-performance cars into SUVs and other models.

The X5 and X3 premium SUV models are possible contenders for new M variants, as are the 5 Series station wagon and the Z4 roadster."

gojira-san
05-17-2005, 11:15 AM
I think that the US is only getting xi Touring models, period.

My dealer told me the other day they have 4 530xiT coming in - 2 are spoken for. They just delivered their first one the other day.

be-em-veh-808
05-17-2005, 11:29 AM
I think that the US is only getting xi Touring models, period.

My dealer told me the other day they have 4 530xiT coming in - 2 are spoken for. They just delivered their first one the other day.

Thanks for confirming that. I was just hoping, though. What a bummer.
:bawling:

be-em-veh-808
05-17-2005, 01:53 PM
In the bmwusa.com "build" site for the 530xiT, the SPP comes with only Sport Seats and Shadowline.

What exactly is Shadowline? I've done a "search" in this forum, but cannot quite get a clear explanation. Would appreciate if someone can explain.

Also, the SPP is only $700, but then again you don't get much. However it is SPP is required in order to buy 18" wheels for an additional $600.

IMHO, paying 700+600 just to get 18" wheels + run-flat dunlops would be worth it, since it costs ~ $3,000 for a new set of the 18s (style 123) with dunlup runflats.

Suppose one does buy the $3,000 set, and sell the original 17's, I don't think the set of 17's would sell for $1700 on ebay or elsewhere. So, might as well get the SPP and 18's with the new car...save the hassle.

Gee...I just convinced myself into 18's. Anyone think of anything that I missed?

wagonman
05-17-2005, 02:21 PM
In the bmwusa.com "build" site for the 530xiT, the SPP comes with only Sport Seats and Shadowline.

What exactly is Shadowline? I've done a "search" in this forum, but cannot quite get a clear explanation. Would appreciate if someone can explain.

Also, the SPP is only $700, but then again you don't get much. However it is SPP is required in order to buy 18" wheels for an additional $600.

IMHO, paying 700+600 just to get 18" wheels + run-flat dunlops would be worth it, since it costs ~ $3,000 for a new set of the 18s (style 123) with dunlup runflats.

Suppose one does buy the $3,000 set, and sell the original 17's, I don't think the set of 17's would sell for $1700 on ebay or elsewhere. So, might as well get the SPP and 18's with the new car...save the hassle.

Gee...I just convinced myself into 18's. Anyone think of anything that I missed?
shadowline trim is black trim around the windows where othwerwise it is chrome. dont know what to say about it since i have not seen it. the 18 inch wheels do NOT look better than the standard 17in ones imo. why opt for run flats? they run rougher, and are very expensive to replace. unless you are leasing this car for 3 yrs and dont anticipate replacing tires, why bother. i have yet to hear a convincing argument in favor of run flats. further, i know you live in so cal so no ice and snow to contend with but as an aside the runflats are not recommeded for ice and snow. this is bogus. why have an awd vehicle that cant drive anywhere? it is silly. the sport package doesnt get you much in the wagon...

be-em-veh-808
05-17-2005, 02:56 PM
shadowline trim is black trim around the windows where othwerwise it is chrome. dont know what to say about it since i have not seen it. the 18 inch wheels do NOT look better than the standard 17in ones imo. why opt for run flats? they run rougher, and are very expensive to replace. unless you are leasing this car for 3 yrs and dont anticipate replacing tires, why bother. i have yet to hear a convincing argument in favor of run flats. further, i know you live in so cal so no ice and snow to contend with but as an aside the runflats are not recommeded for ice and snow. this is bogus. why have an awd vehicle that cant drive anywhere? it is silly. the sport package doesnt get you much in the wagon...

Thanks wagonman for the shadowline explanation.

You make a good point RE: runflats. It's silly to have XDRive and not be able to drive in ice, snow, etc. However, as you may already know, I am in SoCal and I really didn't need/want XDrive. It's just one of those features that you can't remove from the new 5-Series Estate. Most places I've read that run flats are loud and expensive. As for how the 18's look on the 530xiT, that's a personal judgment. Hmmm..may be I'll buy aftermarket 18's and put on non-runflat performance treads.

Your comments are much appreciated wagonman. :thumbup:

mbforme
05-17-2005, 02:57 PM
also, the 18" wheels come with performance tires, while the 17" wheels are wrapped in all-seasons tires.

be-em-veh-808
05-17-2005, 03:33 PM
also, the 18" wheels come with performance tires, while the 17" wheels are wrapped in all-seasons tires.

Nice going mbforme! Thanks for the support.

BTW...how's your xiT via ED configured???

mbforme
05-17-2005, 03:44 PM
Silver-Gray + Black, ZPP, ZCW, Nav, PDC, Rear Window Shades.

wagonman
05-17-2005, 04:15 PM
Silver-Gray + Black, ZPP, ZCW, Nav, PDC, Rear Window Shades.
nice going mbforme. i love silver grey and almost got it myself. the only reason i didnt is that it really does not go with beige interior IMHO. the only way i could get beige to work with any sort of grey/silver tone was to go with titanium grey. i saw it in a 5 series sedan and it looked good...of course, any comments i make about what looks good or not are purely subjective. there is no right or wrong on that front. i guess in part my reaction against run flats is that all the sedan 3 series and 5s seem to be coming with them standard. mbforme are you picking up your car on june2nd? good going. i was told by my dealer i was the first. apprently not. i pick mine up june 7th.

mbforme
05-17-2005, 04:21 PM
yep, june 2th is the day. My delaer told me the xiT would be availble for ED pickup starting on June 1st.

the titanium-gray was initially my first choice, based on the colors from the 5 brochure, but when i was at the dealers lot, it seemed darker so i switched to silver-gray.

wagonman
05-17-2005, 04:27 PM
yep, june 2th is the day. My delaer told me the xiT would be availble for ED pickup starting on June 1st.

the titanium-gray was initially my first choice, based on the colors from the 5 brochure, but when i was at the dealers lot, it seemed darker so i switched to silver-gray.
it is interesting you say that because colors look so different depending on various factors. one is outside light. i imagine in san jose it is sunny a lot. here in portland, oregon at least a good deal of the year it is very overcast. the titanium grey looks great (to my eye) in overcast conditions. it looks different in the sunlight. a good comparison can be seen at www.germancarfans.com under the bmw photo archive. both silver grey and titanium grey are shown. both look very nice again -my opinion. good luck with it :thumbup:

MarcusSDCA
05-17-2005, 09:54 PM
Nicely equipped 530xiT $60,000!!!! That's one hell of an expensive 6 cylinder wagon.

be-em-veh-808
05-17-2005, 10:11 PM
Nicely equipped 530xiT $60,000!!!! That's one hell of an expensive 6 cylinder wagon.

You bet it is, and all worth it for us Estate/Touring fans.

And if the M5-Touring or the Alpina B5 Touring were available in the US (ala E55 AMG Estate), say for an easy $85K to $95K, there would be a small but relevant group who would pull out their checkbooks and say "When can I take delivery??"

bouteill
05-17-2005, 10:15 PM
bmwusa.com seems to offer the Retrofit M Aerodynamic Kit for the Sport Wagon in the accessories page when you build one. :yikes: It's quite interesting this is not available for the sedan!
Does anyone know of web resources where we can see more visual details on this Kit? (the pix on the site is very small).

uter
05-17-2005, 10:23 PM
bmwusa.com seems to offer the Retrofit M Aerodynamic Kit for the Sport Wagon in the accessories page and you build one. :yikes: It's quite interesting this is not available for the sedan!
Does anyone know of web resources where we can see more visual details on this Kit? (the pix on the site is very small).

Yeah, I got so excited about this, I started another thread about it.

Oh please, don't let it be some website error.

Here are some links for other E61 pics with M Retrofit

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=10301

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=9744

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=7795

wagonman
05-17-2005, 10:56 PM
everyone keeps referencing the price on the 530xit. what gives? compare it to the mercedes-benz e320 4 matic. that's a 6 cylinder isnt it? what about the upcoming audi a6 avant with quattro. i bet it is at least 55k if not more. i am in no defending 60k cars. i too feel it is outrageous. but, are the 5 series sedans cheap? i dont think so. frankly speaaking from my point of view (and i say this with humility) i feel you are getting more with the wagon than with the sedan. is it worth 60k? i can tell you this, without a good deal in conjunction with ED, i wouldnt be doing this. the value in the 5 series line (again in my humble opinion) is the 525.