PDA

View Full Version : If I order a 530i tomorrow...

RobertB
05-17-2005, 08:27 PM
I'm hoping to order my 530i in the next day or two (replacing my '99 528i).

Silver Gray/Gray
Manual
Sport
Premium
Premium Sound
Cold Weather (I live in FRICKIN' Iowa)
Rear Heated
PDC

I'm trying to decide whether to get NAV or not. Besides the NAV functionality, what do I lose or gain by adding NAV? Do I get, or lose, the ability to play MP3 CD's? Anything else?

Lastly - is there such a thing as satellite radio prep now?

Thanks in advance.

yamilrx
05-17-2005, 08:42 PM

Silver Gray/Gray
Manual
Sport
Premium
Premium Sound
Rear Heated
PDC

I'm trying to decide whether to get NAV or not. Besides the NAV functionality, what do I lose or gain by adding NAV? Do I get, or lose, the ability to play MP3 CD's? Anything else?

Thanks in advance.

I believe the new 06 530i has the satellite radio prep. now.

philippek
05-17-2005, 08:45 PM

Satellite Radio Prep is standard on the 06s. With nav you also get voice activation, a cool but far-from-perfect piece of technology. You also get a bigger screen.

stream
05-18-2005, 09:20 AM
Nav comes with voice command, which is great.

sharmabmw
05-18-2005, 03:26 PM
I was told that you lose the built-in ipod connection with the nav.

schreck
05-18-2005, 03:39 PM

Hey, you're right. Iowa does suck. Where do you live here?

Ågent99
05-18-2005, 04:19 PM
The HUD is a very cool option and I've always loved my fold-down rear seats and rear sunshades (both manual and electric).

The new NAV is very cool...much better than the E39 stuff...much faster.

I'd dump the rear seat warmers...who cares about the people in the back seat! :bustingup

;)

MarcusSDCA
05-18-2005, 10:02 PM
Why do you need navigation in Iowa? You got your 2 basic destinations....covered bridges and corn fields.

But seriously...if you road trip a lot to places unknown it's a good option. I think it's important for resale....navigation is becoming a staple in luxury cars and it will be in more demand 3-5 years out. You'll pay more but it will be worth more.

Spartacus_33
05-19-2005, 12:27 PM

Silver Gray/Gray
Manual
Sport
Premium
Premium Sound
Rear Heated
PDC

Thanks in advance.
If you're considering doing an ED... get the NAV!
I'd skip the Rear Heated seats and treat yourself to the Comfort Seats!

stream
05-19-2005, 12:49 PM
I was told that you lose the built-in ipod connection with the nav.

Can't lose what you don't have...there is no iPod adapter for the 5er.
:mad:

RobertB
05-19-2005, 08:55 PM
I do like the comfort seats. The problem I have is that I just moved to (Davenport) Iowa, so the Nav will in handy when I drive to Chicago and Des Moines to shop. :) Since everyone else we know and love is in North Carolina, they will be visting over the holidays -- and staying for a week or so. The last time the outlaws came to visit, it was 5 below zero. That's not bad, but heated seats would have made carting them around a bit nicer (they're 70 years old).

I'll have to work with the wife to see if we can add the comfort seats (and keep the Nav). She likes the comfort seats, too...

Thanks again!

RobertB