PDA

View Full Version : Monolite wheels

LMC
05-18-2005, 10:25 AM
I can't quite figure out Monolite wheels... Champion? RAC?

Let me summarize my theory:

-- Champion, a large Porsche dealer in the USA, decided to start their own brand of wheels. Forged wheels made in China for them: Champion RG5 Monolite wheels and a number of other models.

-- A couple of Roadfly E46 M3 guys (= RAC?) somehow talked to Champion, or Champion's factory, and got them to make applications for the E46 M3. The RG4 is a forged BMW CSL (style 127M) replica. It is sold by Revozport in Hong Kong -- $3700 incl shipping to the USA for a set. Revozport also sells a replica BBS RE wheel in E46 M3 fitment. Monolites are also sold on eBay. RAC also markets a forged 18-inch RS110 wheel in E46 M3 sizes -- but who sells them?

Do I have this right? :dunno:

bren
05-18-2005, 11:18 AM
Yes, RAC=Roadfly guys...and you can buy the wheels from them.

Don't know about the Revozport part.

LMC
05-18-2005, 12:24 PM
I think I messed up on the Revozport part. Revozsport is a Hong Kong retailer of, among other things, genuine and replica CSL parts. They sell what they call type CSL Champion RG4 wheels.

And I was reading up on Champion wheels (for Porsche & Audi only, I think) and they're apprently made in Japan, not China.

Actually, my own interest is more the RS110s, which I think are a forged 18-inch M3 application, rather than the RG4s, which I assume are 19s. I'm still considering options for wheels and would prefer 18s.

Light is good. Strong is good. Forged is good, all else equal. Easy to clean is good. TUV-approved is good. :D Inexpensive is good. My ideal wheel does not exist. :rolleyes:

bren
05-18-2005, 06:25 PM
Actually, my own interest is more the RS110s....
What's the problem? :p
http://www.racmonolites.com/cars/18.jpg

'Cane
05-18-2005, 06:55 PM
Champion is less than 3 miles from me.