PDA

View Full Version : Headlight Conversion

Sapperbmw
05-18-2005, 01:42 PM
I have the regular halogen headlights and I want to upgrade can anyone tell me what I need for an 04 525i I already have the light housings. will I need a new harness? or what! which ballast and ingniter do I need I've been getting my stuff from ebay!
thanks for ya'll help

BillP
05-18-2005, 03:57 PM
I have the regular halogen headlights and I want to upgrade can anyone tell me what I need for an 04 525i I already have the light housings. will I need a new harness? or what! which ballast and ingniter do I need I've been getting my stuff from ebay!
thanks for ya'll help

Judging purely from my own observations, the E60 DIY crowd has not yet become as developed as that for the E39. I remember back several years ago when an E39 member would be the first to try something and often a BMW mechanic was involved. Once the specifics were known, mere mortals such as myself successfully performed the mods.

Something to consider is how the upgraded lights will/won't enable the active lights (or whatever the feature is called where the lights turn right with the steering wheel).

You may want to post this in the DIY forum.

Bill

arnolds
05-18-2005, 04:20 PM
Judging purely from my own observations, the E60 DIY crowd has not yet become as developed as that for the E39. I remember back several years ago when an E39 member would be the first to try something and often a BMW mechanic was involved. Once the specifics were known, mere mortals such as myself successfully performed the mods.

Something to consider is how the upgraded lights will/won't enable the active lights (or whatever the feature is called where the lights turn right with the steering wheel).

You may want to post this in the DIY forum.

Bill

I have the same impression of the e60 crowd.

Ågent99
05-19-2005, 09:28 AM
I'd suggest finding someone with an E60 that has the same lights you want to upgrade to and then start observing to see what's up.

Sapperbmw
05-19-2005, 06:34 PM
thanks for ya'll help