PDA

View Full Version : Mud flaps on my X3

mguhler
05-19-2005, 04:05 PM
Click here to see pictures of my X3 with mudflaps (http://www.roadfly.org/bmw/gallery/index.php?path=34841,1;-130,1;)

I love the fact that they look molded right onto the bumpers. Real clean!

Sunnygal
05-19-2005, 05:12 PM
Thanks for sharing pics of your X3 with mudflaps, they definitely look good. What other mods have you added?

mguhler
05-19-2005, 05:39 PM
I had my interior trim corrected, apparently the premium package over-wrote the alum trim. Also have added Sirius, chrome exhaust tips, trying to perfect swapping out my front door speakers, etc. I'd like to pick up those things to put above the doors so I can crack the windows and I'd like to get the rear bumper protector thing.

Little by little, bit by bit...

adc
05-20-2005, 11:32 AM
Looks great, I think I'll install those as well. Was it a difficult install?

And out of curiosity, how would you compare your X3 against that A4 in your garage? My wife is not too eager to part with her 98 A4, but she definitely likes the X3...

adc
03 330 ZHP

mguhler
05-20-2005, 05:49 PM
The A4 is actually up for sale. She has a company car and the A4 isn't being driven. So it should go to a home that will drive it.

If it were up to her, the A4 would stay and the X3 would go. The sportier ride of the A4 out does the bumpy ride of the X3.

SabreXray
05-22-2005, 12:32 PM
What country is "PN"?

Seen lots of "D" for German cars and "A" Austrian cars, **** even PL for Poland, F for France and GB for Great Britian but never seen a PN.

AnywaY looks good with the flaps.

JP

mguhler
05-22-2005, 06:12 PM
Pot Nets is a group of places in Delaware. Great place for striper fishing and crabbing!

adc
05-22-2005, 08:16 PM
Pot Nets is a group of places in Delaware. Great place for striper fishing and crabbing!

Yes, and an OBX sign does not stand for obstetrics, but rather for the Outer Banks.

I gues here in the monolithic US we must have sign-envy. :rofl:

adc
03 330 ZHP

vontech
05-24-2005, 11:03 PM
Where did you get your mud flaps? Are they available online?

Thanks!

Caesar
05-25-2005, 04:11 AM
Where did you get your mud flaps? Are they available online?

Thanks!

I found everything you could possibly buy for your BMW at this site (already bought the electronic BMW tire pressure gauge and a BMW license plate frame -- so I could stop the free advertising for my dealer):

http://www.pacificbmw.com/new/parts/default.asp

They have the mud flaps too:

Mud Flaps
Available for both front and rear wheels. Help protect your car and the car behind you against dirt and road debris.

Part No. Specs. MSRP Price you save
82-16-0-149-310 Rear Set $56.75 $41.54 $15.21
82-16-0-149-311 Front Set $56.75 $41.54 $15.21

http://www.pacificbmw.com/new/parts/photos/a00114802.JPG

MPLS_X3
03-08-2006, 09:13 AM
So I got a new 2006 X3 in January and promptly bought the mud flap kit. Went to put them on myself and realized that they were for the pre-2006 body, with the non-body colored bumpers which flared out a little more. Called BMW and they were puzzled cuz they didn't show a change in part numbers - they called back today, and they had just gotten the new numbers, which are:

Fronts: 82-16-0-149-311
Rears: 82-16-0-397-596

818Guy
03-08-2006, 09:24 AM
Are those mud flaps for 2006 color matched to the vehicle's exterior?

WHITEX
03-08-2006, 11:26 AM
M.F.'s are a good mod-looks & function. They are going on my WhiteX when I get it.

IMR
03-12-2006, 01:19 PM
Looks great, I think I'll install those as well. Was it a difficult install?

It is a relatively easy installation process. Figure on having to remove all four wheels. (You don't have to remove the fronts, but it makes it so much easier. And one person I know accidentally scratched a wheel with a drill bit by leaving them on.) You have to drill out some plastic rivets from the existing trim, drill some additional holes in the plastic trim, clean the area very well to prepare for the adhesive tape, and use a plastic rivet gun to affix the flaps. The rivets are provided. Some people use screws and washers, but rivets are superior. 90mins or so for the operation.

X3 Skier
03-16-2006, 12:52 PM
Have had the mud flaps on my 2005 for two ski seasons in Steamboat Springs. This year, the plastic rivets were popping out on one of them so its a good idea to check periodically. Of course, 400 inches of snow this season may have something to do with it.

Local body shop replaced them for free. I intend to tell the dealer about it and see if there is a permanent fix when I get back to Ohio after the ski season.

beemerfan
03-19-2006, 09:07 AM
Originally Posted by vontech:
I found everything you could possibly buy for your BMW at this site (already bought the electronic BMW tire pressure gauge and a BMW license plate frame -- so I could stop the free advertising for my dealer):

http://www.pacificbmw.com/new/parts/default.asp

Are all of the accessories at this website OEM accessories?

Thanks for the great information!

clarky
03-21-2006, 05:09 AM
Do the mudflaps make a big difference to keeping the car any cleaner ? I have an X3 3L Diesel Sport and I've noticed in the first week how much muck gets thrown up. Are they functional or just cosmetic ?

Cheers.

325isrose
03-21-2006, 01:53 PM
"Do the mudflaps make a big difference to keeping the car any cleaner ? I have an X3 3L Diesel Sport and I've noticed in the first week how much muck gets thrown up. Are they functional or just cosmetic ?"

Good question. Between the draught and what the rear tires kick up, the back of the X3 always seems to get dirtier than the rest of the vehicle.

Jeff

P.S. I'm drooling over your pics for the mudflaps and that green stuff in the trees and on the ground. We're still waiting for the snow to melt in Wisconsin.

mguhler
03-21-2006, 07:09 PM
I took those pics at my old house in Hershey. When I get it detailed again, I'll post new pics in front of this house. (I found a guy that comes to our office park and did my X3 interior, wash and wax for $55!!! Needless to say every month she gets cleaned up)

The back of the X3 gets dirty no matter what you have on it. Before the mud flaps, more kicked up on the sides, but the rear/hatch part will always be a mess in rain/snow/dust etc. The mudflaps just stop it from all coming up the doors and have kept a few rocks off the doors as well.

I'm very glad I got them, plus with the black trim/bumpers they blend in real nice.