PDA

View Full Version : 2006 525i

Beam525 06
05-19-2005, 05:56 PM
Just placed an order for a 525i (2006)....wen i took the test drive...i was very confused with the navigation and idrive....does any1 know if it is easy to use...or is it complicated ?.....thanks

yamilrx
05-19-2005, 07:31 PM
Just placed an order for a 525i (2006)....wen i took the test drive...i was very confused with the navigation and idrive....does any1 know if it is easy to use...or is it complicated ?.....thanks

If you are used to a mouse you should be ok with it. I don't know why so many complaint about the i-drive. It works good for me so far. You'll be confused initially when you look at the nav. screen and try to look down on the knob to move it. Get used to moving it w/out looking down at the knob. It movers four directions(front/back/sides), down to make a choice, and you turn it torwards the right or the left to scroll through choices. Confused, you'll see how cool it is. Or not?

SergeyM
05-19-2005, 07:55 PM

Just say what you want to change, e. g. "fm manual or vent settings", you get to the screen and can used i-drive afterwards.