PDA

View Full Version : bluetooth question

wagonman
05-19-2005, 09:19 PM
forgive me if this question has been beaten to death, but exactly is bluetooth? i believe it comes standard on my 06 e61 touring. do i need a special bluetooth compatible phone to use?

kd2789mo
05-19-2005, 10:03 PM
forgive me if this question has been beaten to death, but exactly is bluetooth? i believe it comes standard on my 06 e61 touring. do i need a special bluetooth compatible phone to use?
Bluetooth provides wireless communication.
Yes, you need a compatible bluetooth phone.
With a compatible bluetooth phone, your phone will integrate with iDrive.
More info here:
https://tcg.motorola.com/bmw/
User Name: BMWNA
Password: digital

TGray5
05-20-2005, 01:24 AM
Bluetooth provides wireless communication.
Yes, you need a compatible bluetooth phone.
With a compatible bluetooth phone, your phone will integrate with iDrive.
More info here:
https://tcg.motorola.com/bmw/
User Name: BMWNA
Password: digital

That website doesn't seem to discuss bluetooth, but rather the cpt9000 phone system.

SergeyM
05-20-2005, 08:09 AM
That website doesn't seem to discuss bluetooth, but rather the cpt9000 phone system.

Try http://www.bmwusa.com/BmwExperience/BMWTechnology/Luxury.htm?id=96

Ågent99
05-20-2005, 10:23 AM
In a nutshell, Bluetooth is a wireless standard and it allows a wireless connection between two electronic devices assuming they meet the standard of course. I forget the speed of data transmission for bluetooth. :google: will get you more than you care....

yamilrx
05-20-2005, 04:38 PM

It works great when you can get it to work and stay on. I am using a non listed phone but it does not synchronize my contacts to the car and it turns off unpredictably. I have tried two different phones and my third try will be the razor(bmw compatible), hopefully that will work. :thumbup:

TGray5
05-23-2005, 10:29 PM
It works great when you can get it to work and stay on. I am using a non listed phone but it does not synchronize my contacts to the car and it turns off unpredictably. I have tried two different phones and my third try will be the razor(bmw compatible), hopefully that will work. :thumbup:

I just paired my Razr last week and it seems to work great...now I'd like to find the built in power and sharkfin antenna leads under the center console and have someone make me an adapter that can plug into the razr.

yamilrx
05-24-2005, 10:46 AM
I just paired my Razr last week and it seems to work great...now I'd like to find the built in power and sharkfin antenna leads under the center console and have someone make me an adapter that can plug into the razr.

I have yet to try the razor, but my phone only works sporadically and my wife's phone works but the contacts don't synchronize. Although with her phone at least I get a caller name but no phonebook sync.

dbansal
06-06-2005, 06:52 PM
bluetooth is basically a way of wireless networking. It was originally designed in mind to network computers within a 30ft+ radius. Basically, it allows duplex communication between client and server. However, with new wifi technologies emerging bluetooth no longer remained a logical answer. So, it was integrated into small appliances such as phones and PDAs. As a result of their low power consumption and reasonable speed they have taken off. With your new BMW and a phone equipped with bluetooth you can talk through your car rather than having to talk through your phone. It provides better sound quality, and increased safety. Plus, its cool!