PDA

View Full Version : XM Radio - Scroll On Function

LDV330i
05-19-2005, 09:37 PM
Keeping the INF button depressed when operating XM Radio/Sirius displays the words "Scroll On" for a few seconds. According to the Sirius handbook this allows the text to scroll so that the full name of the song and singer/group is displayed. While this function is on a star is displayed next to INF text.

On my car the Scroll On text displays and so does the star but the song name or group name text does not scroll. I was wondering if anybody that has XM Direct has been able to get that function to work?:dunno:

Terry Kennedy
05-20-2005, 01:04 AM
On my car the Scroll On text displays and so does the star but the song name or group name text does not scroll. I was wondering if anybody that has XM Direct has been able to get that function to work?:dunno:I assume this is on the radio (non-NAV) as I don't think XM Direct works w/ NAV yet...

How many characters can the radio display at once? XM is limited to 16 characters for each field. If the radio can display that many, there isn't anything to scroll.

Mark_325i
05-20-2005, 06:14 AM
Check your XMDirect manual. The feature is not active in the non-nav head unit.

gfeiner
05-20-2005, 11:24 AM
Check your XMDirect manual. The feature is not active in the non-nav head unit.

So XM Direct works with NAV units now?

LDV330i
05-20-2005, 04:25 PM
So XM Direct works with NAV units now?I just checked the Blitzsafe corporate board and they still do no offer a unit for cars with NAV.:(

afshawnt
05-20-2005, 07:08 PM
Thanks LDV330i :thumbup:

I'll be sure to try it when I go out next. I can't believe I had XM Direct for so long and never knew this.