PDA

View Full Version : Anyone removed the phone tray from center console?

TGray5
05-20-2005, 01:29 AM
To add onto Agent99's thread about storage issues...I'd like to remove the phone compartment piece as it just seems to get in the way of having a decent storage compartment, is too small to store anything inside, and is just one more button to push to gain access to the main compartment.

tmoody
05-20-2005, 07:48 AM
i was wondering what the heck that secondary compartment was there for??!!

Spartacus_33
05-20-2005, 09:11 AM
To add onto Agent99's thread about storage issues...I'd like to remove the phone compartment piece as it just seems to get in the way of having a decent storage compartment, is too small to store anything inside, and is just one more button to push to gain access to the main compartment.
I love my E60... but they really could have done a better job with cabin storage. They also forgot the coin storage that I had in my E39.

Now... about the center console...I thought about removing the phone tray in there too...... but instead use it to hold a little leather coin purse :gay: :rofl: and put my sunglasses case in the lower compartment. Works for me.....

Ågent99
05-20-2005, 10:13 AM
i was wondering what the heck that secondary compartment was there for??!!
A phone, I believe.

yamilrx
05-20-2005, 04:51 PM
A phone, I believe.

It seems like such a waste of space, you can barely fit anything in that second compartment. It also takes up all the space for the rest of the compartment.

mlahti
05-20-2005, 08:43 PM
It's a perfect spot for my iPod with iTrp for FM transmission. Just set the iPod to shuffle songs and close the lid. :)

Ågent99
05-23-2005, 11:06 AM
TGray5, I was staring and staring at the little phone compartment but I'll be darned if I know how to remove it.

It appears that dismantling of the whole armrest area is needed to remove it. However, keep in mind that the little ventilated section below the phone compartment will no longer be sealed.

I'm sure our counterparts in Europe have something else in this area. As you know, in the E39, the phone stuff was part of the package. It appears the same for the US-Based E60s. I kick myself for not looking more closely at the European E60s to try and figure out what they have that we want!! :rofl:

TGray5
05-23-2005, 04:30 PM
TGray5, I was staring and staring at the little phone compartment but I'll be darned if I know how to remove it.

It appears that dismantling of the whole armrest area is needed to remove it. However, keep in mind that the little ventilated section below the phone compartment will no longer be sealed.

I'm sure our counterparts in Europe have something else in this area. As you know, in the E39, the phone stuff was part of the package. It appears the same for the US-Based E60s. I kick myself for not looking more closely at the European E60s to try and figure out what they have that we want!! :rofl:

I don't think the ventilated thing would be an issue. Would be interested to hear from rest of the world in terms of whether they have a different console...my guess is no.