PDA

View Full Version : E46 M3 710hp

pioneer2k
05-21-2005, 06:37 AM
I want to share these pics with you guys.

I havent got any of the engine which is running with aprox. 0.95 bar pressure

But I've seen it on a QM and I can tell you its fast!

Well here they are

http://dtmpower.dk/forum/album_cat.php?cat_id=31

Btw. The pics are from Denmark, Europe and the cars are a lower standard than you guys are used to

Its the grey one with the intercooler in the front

/Allan

Fast Bob
05-21-2005, 07:06 AM
What other mods were done? Was the block O-ringed?I would love to see a dyno chart for this car....14 lbs. of boost is a bunch, but more than DOUBLE the output of a stock M3? Your quoted HP figure would give a power-to-weight ratio of around 4.6 lbs- per HP, which if true, would put quarter-mile runs in the high ten-second range at around 130 mph....

Regards,
Bob

pioneer2k
05-21-2005, 10:48 AM
What other mods were done? Was the block O-ringed?I would love to see a dyno chart for this car....14 lbs. of boost is a bunch, but more than DOUBLE the output of a stock M3? Your quoted HP figure would give a power-to-weight ratio of around 4.6 lbs- per HP, which if true, would put quarter-mile runs in the high ten-second range at around 130 mph....

Regards,
Bob

Unfortunately I don't know very much about this car yet. I just saw the guy make a single start @ QM. It went extremely fast! My guess will be a high ten-second as you mention... :)

This evening I'm going for street race and if he shows up I will try to get some pics of the engine bay if he will allow me :D And I will ask what kind of mods he made as well.

pioneer2k
05-22-2005, 01:20 PM
I'm so sorry that I have to disappoint you

One week ago The guy with this car told everyone that it was an M3, this weekend I talked to him personally and the story changed a bit...

However its "just" a rebuilded 330CI that looks very much like an M3 and I think he did a good job with that.

Here are some pics of the engine bay

http://www.dtmpower.dk/forum/album_cat.php?cat_id=33

mschupp
05-22-2005, 07:26 PM
Weird. Why does it have a 330 engine? Ever panel on that car is M3. Hood, bumpers, quarters. There's no way any sane would replace all that stuff, so what did he do? Rip out the M3 engine and toss in a supercharged 330?

pioneer2k
05-25-2005, 10:03 AM
Weird. Why does it have a 330 engine? Ever panel on that car is M3. Hood, bumpers, quarters. There's no way any sane would replace all that stuff, so what did he do? Rip out the M3 engine and toss in a supercharged 330?

Well he did exactly the opposite of what you mentioned. He rebuilded a 330CI to an M3, except the engine.

Thats the 330i with bi-turbo and 500HP

That on hell of a project!! And very expensive :D