PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Pick a Custom Plate

elvisinturn1
05-21-2005, 07:51 PM
So, I'm gonna get a custom plate. 05' M3 Competition, jet black. Don't want something gay, but almost everything I can come up with is take per the Michigan Secretary of State website custom plate check thing. So, this is the only one I kinda like that ISN'T TAKEN.

M3 PWR

So, please post other suggestions. :thumbup:

Z4phillygirl
05-22-2005, 12:47 AM
So, I'm gonna get a custom plate. 05' M3 Competition, jet black. Don't want something gay, but almost everything I can come up with is take per the Michigan Secretary of State website custom plate check thing. So, this is the only one I kinda like that ISN'T TAKEN.

M3 PWR

That sounds fine to me, but honestly, if I saw that on an M3, I'd immediately think ghey. :) Not that there's anything wrong with that. Mind you, this opinion is coming from someone who has personalized license plates, too. I originally wanted PHLYGRL, but it was already taken, so I went for 4PHLLY. That was when I had a 325i. When I bought my Z4, I could have gone "cheesy" and changed it to Z4PHLLY, but decided against it, and just kept the same config. I think names are ok for plates, but pointing out that your car is an M3 on your plate, is kind of redundant, no? :dunno: I'd prefer to go for something more understated. Think of your likes or dislikes and go from there. Good luck with your decision.

machmeter
05-22-2005, 01:26 AM
That sounds fine to me, but honestly, if I saw that on an M3, I'd immediately think ghey. :)
Ditto.

No vanity plate is choice #1. Humourous plate is choice #2.

LmtdSlip
05-22-2005, 06:01 AM
manlvr

Oh you wanted something NOT gay. Sorry. :p

HUMMM 3
05-22-2005, 07:42 AM

M3 PWR

Do a google search (or equivalent) for "personalized license plates". If you can get to California DMV web site you find tons of suggestions. Good Luck! :)

elvisinturn1
05-22-2005, 08:33 AM
Yeah, you guys are right. I'm just happy to have a car finally. I've been driving trucks for the last 5 years. Plus, my racing addiction has been eating up all my cash. I think I can get a good one, if they allow it before they figure out what it means: STUGOTS

:D :D :D

It's not taken, but maybe there's a reason for it. :angel:

elvisinturn1
05-22-2005, 08:34 AM
manlvr

Oh you wanted something NOT gay. Sorry. :p

:eeps: uhm... no.

You race? Bikes I mean?

LMC
05-22-2005, 09:18 AM
Tough crowd on the vanity plate thing...

I wouldn't get one either but here's a thought:

The option code for "competition pkg" is ZCP in the USA and 7MA in Germany. So:
ZCP M3
or M3 ZCP
or 7MA M3
or M3 7MA

Z4phillygirl
05-22-2005, 10:17 AM
Yeah, you guys are right. I'm just happy to have a car finally. I've been driving trucks for the last 5 years. Plus, my racing addiction has been eating up all my cash. I think I can get a good one, if they allow it before they figure out what it means: STUGOTS

:D :D :D

It's not taken, but maybe there's a reason for it. :angel:

Ok, please essplain.... what does STUGOTS mean? :dunno:

LmtdSlip
05-22-2005, 10:53 AM
Ok, please essplain.... what does STUGOTS mean? :dunno:

Stugots: from stu cazzo or u' cazzu, the testicles.

flashinthepan
05-22-2005, 12:30 PM
Vanity plates must be with taste and not self-empowering or you can look like a true moron.

Go lighthearted or not at all imo.

But cool deal on the M3 :thumbup:

LMC
05-22-2005, 03:40 PM
Vanity plates must be with taste and not self-empowering or you can look like a true moron. Go lighthearted or not at all imo.

Tasteful...
2FAST4U
KWIKM3
3MTA3
BLUBYU
FLUBYU
R3VO3VOM
Probably all taken, huh? Except that last one, which probably has too many characters...
:)

machmeter
05-22-2005, 03:49 PM
How about:

ELVISM3 ?

elvisinturn1
05-22-2005, 05:01 PM
How about:

ELVISM3 ?

Huh :dunno: My name isn't Elvis :rofl:

Elvis In Turn 1 is a motorcycle racing thing. It means:

Brake so hard going into turn 1, that you see Elvis :D

Lori
05-22-2005, 06:10 PM
Well, the german car makers like to call black anthracite so how about
NTHRZYT

moneydumper
05-22-2005, 07:28 PM
What do you think of this one?

http://members.cox.net/jbernau/rear.jpg

elvisinturn1
05-22-2005, 08:03 PM
That's pretty cool. I kinda wanna be original, but everything I've liked so far is taken. :dunno:

I'm still trying to see why nobody has STUGOTS in MI :D If I can get it, STUGOTS it is :bigpimp: They might tell me I can't have that, so I'm gonna go to the Secretary of State in Detroit, but the one in the ghetto cause they won't care ;) I'll just have to be :eeps: