PDA

View Full Version : Placed my order yesterday

dacostad
05-22-2005, 08:07 AM
Well, I placed my order yesterday for a Silver Gray M3 Coupe with 19" wheels, SMG, Nav and electric everything seats and traded in my Boxster S.

I now have 8 weeks to enjoy the Boxster before my M3 arrives.

Can anyone tell me whether I have the dealer install XM satellite radio with the Nav (and ipod interface).

Also, can I have the dealer install an alarm with tilt sensor in addition to what the car comes with standard?

Thanks

David

e36M3r
05-22-2005, 10:04 AM
Congrats and enjoy! :beerchug:

elvisinturn1
05-22-2005, 10:06 AM
Well, I placed my order yesterday for a Silver Gray M3 Coupe with 19" wheels, SMG, Nav and electric everything seats and traded in my Boxster S.

Can anyone tell me whether I have the dealer install XM satellite radio with the Nav (and ipod interface).

Also, can I have the dealer install an alarm with tilt sensor in addition to what the car comes with standard?

Thanks

David

Congrats :thumbup: I'm trying to figure out what you mean on the dealer install part. :dunno:

LMC
05-22-2005, 10:11 AM

Thanks

David

Congrats, David! :thumbup:

Yes, you can have the dealer install an alarm with interior motion sensor and tilt sensor. The alarm itself is already present but not activated. The install consists of installing a siren on the firewall, installing the motion sensor in the roof and installing the tilt sensor behind the trim in the trunk. Finally, the dealer must hook the car up to a computer and activate the alarm.

You can ask your dealer how much -- I think the usual is $500-600 installed.

There is an alternative, though. The alarm retails at the parts counter for $300 and is available from internet sellers for $220ish. Install the three components yourself, then take the car to the dealer to have the alarm activated, which should cost you a minimal labor charge. (It takes a couple of minutes to activate it, but a half hour labor charge is probably typical.) Some have gotten activation for free and some have had dealerships refuse to activate -- angry the customer tried to "cheat" them out of their exhorbitant markup, I guess. Typically $100 or less.