PDA

View Full Version : jl audio enclosues

gmac
05-22-2005, 09:24 AM
Does anyone know if I will be able to fit 2 jl audio 12w3s in a prowedge enclosure, into my trunk?

OneR2TeeS
05-23-2005, 10:54 AM
What are the dimensions of the box? If i recall, theres 30" of flat space inbetween the two side carpet pieces. Here's mine with the box measuring 30" wide and about 15.xx inches tall. i cant recall the depth (slanted back) but it just squeezes into the trunk and still allows access to the nav-dvd hatch on the side. If you want, give me the dimensions of the box (LxWxH) and the slant angle and I can tell you how it'll fit compared to mine.

gmac
05-23-2005, 06:07 PM
I just checked the box and its got a length of 32 and a height of 16, do you not think this will fit.

OneR2TeeS
05-23-2005, 06:33 PM
32" is going to be very tough to fit keeping the carpet. Even minus the side carpet, I doubt it will fit and will be too wide. My 30" width is very very snug.

gmac
05-23-2005, 06:42 PM
....****.... thanks, I guess i will either need to make my own box or get one custom made, thanks anyways

gmac
05-31-2005, 07:25 PM
So I finally got the box and my car in the same location, and tried to put the prowedge box into my trunk and it fits...Kind of. It is supported on the two protruding edges from the wheel well. So it is not sitting on anything but on the sides because it is too long. Does the sub need to be completely on the floor or can it be suspended with little contact on the two ends...

dkl
06-02-2005, 07:00 PM
Having the enclosure suspended by its ends will put alot of stress on the bottom middle portion of the box. At the minimum, you should at least stick something in the middle...just to provide some support.

OneR2TeeS
06-03-2005, 09:09 AM
Agreed. Maybe you could make a stepped leg that comes out the bottom of the box so that it sits "flush" with the surfaces?

gmac
06-03-2005, 06:44 PM
Thats ****ing genious. Thanks for the advice, ill make a pretty sweet step underneath it to have it sit on, and it will look flush with the car. Would you say its a pretty bad idea to drill into the box from the bottom?

OneR2TeeS
06-03-2005, 08:01 PM
my only concern when drilling through the box would be leaks. if you have to drill through the box, i'd suggest drilling a pilot hole, putting a dab of silicone sealant in the hole and then screwing whatever you have to in. This way the box is still air tight. You dont want to finish your whole set up only to have it "whistle" through leaks when it hits. Good luck!!!