PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Sprint Bluetooth and 05 X3

drakethib
05-22-2005, 04:01 PM
I got them to pair up and I can receive calls but cannot place them.

I know there is an issue with thye phonebook but should I be able to place a call from the phone and then switch over to handsfree?

Please help.

Thanks

SRFast
05-22-2005, 08:10 PM

I know there is an issue with thye phonebook but should I be able to place a call from the phone and then switch over to handsfree?

Please help.

Thanks

It would help if we knew what wireless phone you are using. If it is a Treo 600/650, it's a crap shoot.

Hope this helps....JL

drakethib
05-23-2005, 03:38 PM
It would help if we knew what wireless phone you are using. If it is a Treo 600/650, it's a crap shoot.

Hope this helps....JL

My bad.

LG-325 Sprint Service

SRFast
05-24-2005, 05:35 PM
When the phone is connected to the BMW BT ULF, you should be able to place calls using the phone's keypad, phonebook or the BMW voice recognition unit. There is no need to transfer a call if the BT connection already exist. Because you cannot transfer the phonebook to the BMW ULF, you cannot dial a call from that source. What are you trying to do exactly? Walk us through it please.

Hope this helps...JL

14U2NV
05-25-2005, 09:09 AM

Please help.

Thanks
Just got my X3 last Saturday. Having read about the slew of problems pairing phones, I asked the dealer to pair my T610. It was done in about 80 seconds. In approx 2 hours, my full 335 contact list (multiple phone #'s) was updated.
I can place calls 3 ways:
a) voice dialing. ;)
b) hit R/T and scroll the phonebook. B/c of the excessive contact list I avoid it like the plague. :mad:
c) dial from the phone. I noticed that the call DOES NOT TRANSFER to the car, unless I have toggled the R/T button to the telephone. :thumbup:

That said, my phone is extremely slow to respond to commands. I believe it is either the model, or my phone specifically, given the amount of contacts I have in it. :mad:

I think the best solution is to add a second line and forward the calls, leaving a phone permanently in the car. That would make the cradle indispensible.

Speaking of which, is the cradle available anywhere online? :eeps:

SRFast
05-25-2005, 02:09 PM
Just got my X3 last Saturday. Having read about the slew of problems pairing phones, I asked the dealer to pair my T610. It was done in about 80 seconds. In approx 2 hours, my full 335 contact list (multiple phone #'s) was updated.
I can place calls 3 ways:
a) voice dialing. ;)
b) hit R/T and scroll the phonebook. B/c of the excessive contact list I avoid it like the plague. :mad:
c) dial from the phone. I noticed that the call DOES NOT TRANSFER to the car, unless I have toggled the R/T button to the telephone. :thumbup:

That said, my phone is extremely slow to respond to commands. I believe it is either the model, or my phone specifically, given the amount of contacts I have in it. :mad:

I think the best solution is to add a second line and forward the calls, leaving a phone permanently in the car. That would make the cradle indispensible.

Speaking of which, is the cradle available anywhere online? :eeps:

What do you mean when you say your T610 responds slowly to commands? I am currenlty using a Motorola V635 with the BMW BT kit with no porblems. If there is a BT connection between the phone and ULF and I place a call using the phone's keypad, the audio will automatically switch to the car's audio sysem. There is no need to toggle any buttons on the steering wheel or head unit.

Using a dedicated phone defeats the purpose of having a BT phone. You should replace your T610 with a newer phone that has all the required BT protocols to ensure full functionality. All Motorola BT phones are compatible with the BMW ULF.

Hope this helps....JL

14U2NV
05-25-2005, 07:46 PM
What do you mean when you say your T610 responds slowly to commands? I am currenlty using a Motorola V635 with the BMW BT kit with no porblems. If there is a BT connection between the phone and ULF and I place a call using the phone's keypad, the audio will automatically switch to the car's audio sysem. There is no need to toggle any buttons on the steering wheel or head unit.

Using a dedicated phone defeats the purpose of having a BT phone. You should replace your T610 with a newer phone that has all the required BT protocols to ensure full functionality. All Motorola BT phones are compatible with the BMW ULF.

Hope this helps....JL
I guess my phone is slow. There is a substantial time interval between pushing a button and seeing the phone react to the input or request.

I can definitely see your point about BT phone permanently placed in the car. I am thinking about a Treo 650 but I MUST have an unbranded version.

The reason I have a SE T610 is because of its synching capabilities. I carry my full outlook on it, synched up, contacts, tasks and schedule. I believe that this maybe the reason it is slow.

Thanks for the heads-up though.