PDA

View Full Version : jerking while in rear gear

rams
05-22-2005, 05:25 PM
Hi,
I'm looking to buy an M3 and today I test drove an AT 95. It had 95000, drove real good, but when I was backing up I noticed a jerking comming from the front end which dissappeared after few feet. I drove few times in reverse and when I went real slow there was nothing but if I stepped it up a little it jerked. I mentioned this to the owner and he said that this was normal and he kind of got offended, like I was looking for something to be wrong with the car. Then he even wouldn't let me take it to a mechanic...I didn't buy the car, but wanted to know for my future reference, if this jerking while in rear gear is normal.
Thanks for your help!

Rams

RaceTripper
05-22-2005, 05:43 PM
Can't say whether it's normal. But if the seller won't let you take it to a mechanic, always best to run away from the deal.

vadere36mpwr
06-05-2005, 01:15 AM
the clutch is probably going bad. this is how we test to see if the clutch is good, as reverse has the highest friction rate compared to the forward gears. the jerking is probably due to the clutch engaging on and off. you should probably stay away from purchasing the car, unless you plan to change the clutch / flywheel on the car.

Pinecone
06-05-2005, 08:31 AM
the clutch is probably going bad. this is how we test to see if the clutch is good, as reverse has the highest friction rate compared to the forward gears. the jerking is probably due to the clutch engaging on and off. you should probably stay away from purchasing the car, unless you plan to change the clutch / flywheel on the car.

AT 95

:)