PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone regret getting auburn interior?

frankie439
05-26-2005, 09:19 AM
I'm seriously considering changing my order from grey to auburn. Please be honest.

Ågent99
05-26-2005, 09:20 AM
I've only seen pictures...looked pretty interesting but it would be tough to buy it sight unseen. I think you need to see it in person.

PKandCK
05-26-2005, 09:57 AM
We have the auburn interior in our 545i. The exterior is Orient Blue. It is a great combination and looks very rich. My wife and I love the color. You will not be dissapointed!

ED 3/21 Waiting for redelivery... 05 545i/orient blue/auburn/sp/logic 7/nav/sat

mlahti
05-26-2005, 10:42 AM
I have the same combination orient blue auburn and do not regret the decision. All my frineds seem to lke the combination as well, it different from the usual selection most cars come in grey, black and tan. :thumbup:

jmdhuse
05-26-2005, 03:47 PM
Orient Blue and Aubrun was the combination I picked... even though I never saw them together at the dealership. I was looking for something distinct from the very common silver/grays and tans - and I think I found it. The car arrived at the dealership today and with any luck I'll be picking it up tomorrow... yahoo!

Cheers, Jon.

Ågent99
05-26-2005, 04:40 PM
I should confess that when I was shoppin for my first BMW way back in early March of 2001, my wife ended up picking an unusual color combination not "santioned" by BMWNA.

We settle on Topaz Blue for the exeterior and Stone Green/Black for the interior. It was a bit of a hassle to order but I found someone willing to do it.

So, while we did see both in person, we of course didn't see them together until we went to pick up the car. All I can say is that is worked for us and to boot, we have a pretty rare combo of interior/exterior color on our 530i.

SpeedFreak!
05-26-2005, 04:46 PM
Personally, I think the Auburn is awesome... accept for one detail: I hate the use of the light gray headliner. I think that part looks really bad. It would look perfect if the headliner was black. :thumbup:

joepa
05-26-2005, 10:02 PM
Like my friends, my wife & I love the Auburn. Our 530i is Mystic Blue w/ Auburn. The contrast is very sporty, yet refined. Auburn also looks sweet in Black!! No issues ... only wish BMW would dress up the dash with two tone. It would be great if there was an Auburn dash, ie Black up top w/ auburn along bottom. The black keeps the reflection low.

16hr Day
05-26-2005, 11:27 PM
Like my friends, my wife & I love the Auburn. Our 530i is Mystic Blue w/ Auburn. The contrast is very sporty, yet refined. Auburn also looks sweet in Black!! No issues ... only wish BMW would dress up the dash with two tone. It would be great if there was an Auburn dash, ie Black up top w/ auburn along bottom. The black keeps the reflection low.

try Z somthing or other ( others here will know what I am talking about) and make custom leather trim to repace the wood. I love the color. It reminds me of baseball glove leather. I wish the M3 came in that color.

PKandCK
05-27-2005, 03:40 PM
I think Auburn is perfect with Orient Blue...

joepa
05-27-2005, 08:25 PM
Also ... like my friend, the interior color fits like a glove. The interior color looks like that perfect baseball glove color. At might very classey. In the day time sporty. You will not a brown/drk tan coach bag on the arm rest. It provides a frame of reference. The Auburn color is very nice. In fact, my friend ordered a bimmer w/ Black. After see our Auburn he called the dealer & switched to Auburn. To me, that's a ringing endorsement.

cprgolds
06-06-2005, 11:06 PM
I have an Olivin Green Exterior with Auburn. They go together well and I am happy with it. I had a '72 GrandAm with the same color interior.

From a practical point of view, I thought Sand would show dirt a lot more and the Black would absorb heat more.

We are probably splitting hairs here. Any of the colors are good.

:)

mdsbuc
06-23-2005, 09:18 PM
I love the auburn and can't understand why it's not available with the grey and silver
exterior colors.

IXinCO
06-24-2005, 05:50 AM
I'm picking up my ED Silver grey and Auburn 530xit next week. The lighting in the Delivery Center is quite poor but if I get the time (I'm flying in, picking it up and dropping the same day) I'll take some photos and post them here.

alpinewhite325i
06-24-2005, 05:56 AM
Auburn is beautiful....hands down.

mdsbuc
06-24-2005, 06:19 AM
I'm picking up my ED Silver grey and Auburn 530xit next week. The lighting in the Delivery Center is quite poor but if I get the time (I'm flying in, picking it up and dropping the same day) I'll take some photos and post them here.

IXinCo, How were you able to do this? Was there an extra charge? If so, how much?

IXinCO
06-24-2005, 07:08 AM
This will be my second somewhat customized ED. In the first I was able to get the sport seats without buying the entire package (on the e46 325xit, the sport package was not much more than steering wheel, multi spoke wheels and sport seat and I really did not like the wheels for a winter environment).

There is no special charge, you just have to ask. Apparently it is up to BMWNA as to whether they will do it or not.

Good luck

adwebinc
06-24-2005, 08:11 AM
I ordered my car in the Black Sapphire Metallic / Auburn interior. The Auburn color differentiates the car, but it's very subtle, not gaudy. I say go for it!

IXinCO
06-30-2005, 05:08 AM
For those who are interested, here is a pic of my 530xit in Dark Silver and auburn. Sorry the photo is not better but it was really hot, both inside the Delivery Center and outside- I was quite anxious to get back into the car where it was cool!

(I also don't understand why it would't let me upload the photo in it's proper orientation.)

mdsbuc
06-30-2005, 10:59 AM
For those who are interested, here is a pic of my 530xit in Dark Silver and auburn. Sorry the photo is not better but it was really hot, both inside the Delivery Center and outside- I was quite anxious to get back into the car where it was cool!

(I also don't understand why it would't let me upload the photo in it's proper orientation.)

Thanks for the pic! The color combo looks awesome!

uter
06-30-2005, 06:37 PM

Nice. Post more pics of this touring, please!

IXinCO
06-30-2005, 07:42 PM
Here you go.

iDriveguy
07-01-2005, 12:35 AM
I'm seriously considering changing my order from grey to auburn. Please be honest.

No regrets! Loved it so much ordered it on BOTH E60's.
I find it to be most unusual (but not eccentric). Less common and sophisticated indeed!

P.S.
It is the ONLY interior combo to do a auburn/black trim. (i.e. if you get tan or grey, seat backs & other trim is in matching colour.) With Auburn you get a "sporty" 2-tone effect with black trim. NICE! :thumbup:

Cook
07-01-2005, 07:59 AM
Go see the interior at the dealer before ordering. We were considering the Orient/Auburn color combination based on the website photos. It took some time, but we hunted down a car with that color combination. After sitting in the car, we decided that it just wasn't for us. De gustibus non est disputandum. You've got to see it yourself if you want to make sure you will be happy in it.

iDriveguy
07-01-2005, 11:32 AM
Go see the interior at the dealer before ordering. We were considering the Orient/Auburn color combination based on the website photos. It took some time, but we hunted down a car with that color combination. After sitting in the car, we decided that it just wasn't for us. De gustibus non est disputandum. You've got to see it yourself if you want to make sure you will be happy in it.

Agree COMPLETELY! You really should try to see in person before ordering. For me opposite effect - after seeing in person, I KNEW I "had" to have it! ;)

One other piont - with Auburn interior dash is all black (top & bottom). With other interior colours top = black, bottom in matching interior colour.

Cheers!

kmims
07-06-2005, 03:02 PM
I have a 2006 530i metallic black with auburn interior and I think it is absolutely gorgeous! It is so different from all the other black with black or beige driving around town and it is just so rich when you get inside.

Like most things different you will either love it or hate, but everyone I have crossed from the dealer to my friends think it is smashing. I would do it again in a heartbeat. :thumbup:

dutche60
07-12-2005, 04:48 PM
The auburn interior is much better than the grey, especially when you order it with the anthracite maple and black saphire exterior. No regrets wahtsoever :p

JT 550i SD
07-12-2005, 08:21 PM
IXinCo, How were you able to do this? Was there an extra charge? If so, how much?
You can order this color combo as a special order. No extra cost, just a 3 month wait.My 545i w/ this combo has just arrived at Oxnard VPC and I should have her by friday. Will post pics!!.

JamesV
07-17-2005, 12:02 PM
I definitely like the idea of the auburn interior, but was initially disappointed that none of the silver or grey exteriors were offered with the auburn interior. Now that I've seen the orient blue/auburn combo though, I think I've found my ride. I'm about to order the wagon, but before I order this combo, I'd love to see the pics of the olivine green/auburn, and some more of the mystic blue/auburn. Any pics would be much appreciated.

Btw, apparently some of you were able to convince your dealers to get a color combo not offered by BMW. When I asked my guy, he said this was not possible. What did you all have to say to persuade them? Not sure I want to bother anymore, but just in case...

FYI, I'm going to be very sad to see my 325ci with Titanium gray/tanin red leather go. I thought that was the coolest color combo ever on a car, but I guess BMW can't always offer the same color schemes.

joepa
07-21-2005, 05:49 AM
try Z somthing or other ( others here will know what I am talking about) and make custom leather trim to repace the wood. I love the color. It reminds me of baseball glove leather. I wish the M3 came in that color.
What is the Z web page to buy leather inserts on dash? Sounds cool!

RaceTripper
07-21-2005, 06:36 AM
What is the Z web page to buy leather inserts on dash? Sounds cool!
LeatherZ (http://www.leatherz.com/)

They're great. I got the shifter and brake boots from them to match my Cinammon interior. Great quality stuff and fast service.

petp
07-22-2005, 07:24 AM
i have auburn and love it. definitely love the two-tone look.

and you can get ANY exterior color offered on the e60 with auburn...you would have to order it from the factory though (no charge)

adwebinc
07-29-2005, 11:32 PM
BAck from ED. Will take better pics when she returns to the states, but here are a coupl of quick ones...

speedracerf4i
08-03-2005, 02:20 PM
Here is mine with comfort seat

teutonictrio
08-22-2005, 10:26 PM
I'm a huge fan of the auburn leather, but it seems to clash with the wood - one would think it would compliment it well, but instead they seem two vastly different colors. Perhaps the black maple is better with auburn - anyone have pictures? I plan to order silver gray with auburn, but now not sure about wood color.