PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth sync with Treo 650 (verizon)!??

BEEMERBOY
05-26-2005, 09:12 PM
Anyone know if the verizon treo 650 will sync with the "06 330?

LDV330i
05-26-2005, 10:36 PM
The subject has been discussed in several threads. This is one that came up using the Search function: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84661&highlight=Treo+650

Sticman
05-26-2005, 11:11 PM
I have a Cingular 650 that works great except for phonebook transfer.

BEEMERBOY
05-27-2005, 12:15 AM
The subject has been discussed in several threads. This is one that came up using the Search function: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84661&highlight=Treo+650

All of the posts (that I have seen) are in reference to Sprint or Cingular's version of the 650. From what I understand, Version's version uses different Bluetooth "profiles", so the compatiblility is different.

Has anyone had success syncing their Verizon 650? Thanks!

willpooted
05-27-2005, 08:44 AM
good question. i have a moto v710 which works fine. but i'm planning on getting a treo, and i was also wondering about this.

Morgan Smith
06-03-2005, 10:09 AM
I paired a Verizon 650 that works well except for reading the address book. Did it by following instructions in BMW owner's manual and in Treo manual. Took 30 seconds and BOOM! done.

Also have a '05 545 with sat radio. Paired a V710 from Verizon, which seems to interfere with the radio. Started when I had charging cradle for V710 installed... Regret getting cradle now, but using a bluetooth phone in the car over the speakers really saps the battery, and I hate using a phone charging cable since it clutters up the car and takes up your front power port.

In the 645, we're using the charging cable in the cig lighter -- no problems. But the charger is unsightly and can't plug anything else in...

Good luck. Make your choices and decide what you want. The TREO 650 and the MOTOROLA V710 from Verizon both work. Really can't recommend the charging cradle since my phone drops out sometimes since it was installed, but hate the car charger too.

jodym25@hotmail
07-16-2005, 05:49 AM
My Verizon treo 650 syncs well and works very well with the 645ci. It does not transfer the entire phone book (I have several thousand numbers) But it does transfer the 70 tele numbers I have stored in favorites on the 650. It also shows top 8, last called , recently called. It pairs well and has excellent volume through car speakers. The biggest problem is the location of the microphone on the 645ci is not in the best location to be heard and to be heard with the top down I have to yell even at low speed. With the top up, I need to turn the air condition fan off or down to lowest setting to be heard clearly. The mic is really in a bad spot and must not have any noise cancellation for background noise. I also find at times the bluetooth connection gives static, not sure why or where the best place for phone to be to get maximum bluetooth connection.
I'd like to put the treo in a charger built into the arm rest consule. Is there any such thing?

willpooted
07-20-2005, 01:12 AM
Yes, I just tried it today, and it does work (somewhat). Only the entries in your speed dial (favorites) entries will appear in the phonebook in the car. But voice dialing from the steering wheel button works fine.

dvpmd
07-23-2005, 02:17 PM
I JUST GOT THE TREO 650(SPRINT) AND THE 330xi (2005) BUT I CANNOT FIND INSTRUCTIONS ANYWHERE ON HOW TO LINK THE PHONE TO THE BLUETOOTH IN THE CAR. DOESN ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO USE THIS OR PERHAPS JUST CLUE ME IN ON HOW TO GET THE CAR AND PHONE TO RECOGNIZE EACH OTHER.

THANKS

LDV330i
07-23-2005, 06:00 PM
I JUST GOT THE TREO 650(SPRINT) AND THE 330xi (2005) BUT I CANNOT FIND INSTRUCTIONS ANYWHERE ON HOW TO LINK THE PHONE TO THE BLUETOOTH IN THE CAR. DOESN ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO USE THIS OR PERHAPS JUST CLUE ME IN ON HOW TO GET THE CAR AND PHONE TO RECOGNIZE EACH OTHER.

THANKSOne of the great things about this forum is that it is a great depository of knowledge available at your fingertips. There is a pretty good chance that a lot of the information you are looking may have been prevously discussed. At the top of the BF page there is a button labeled "Search". I used it to find a thread that may have the information you are looking for. The thread has 7 pages of postings and is titled Treo 650 and BMW Bluetooth - kind of works (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84661&highlight=Bluetooth+pairing+2005)

pjo1966
09-29-2005, 01:14 PM
I have a question and I don't think it's been addressed yet. I have a 2005 325i and am enjoying BT. I am thinking of getting a Treo 650 from Verizon. My 325 does not have the voice module. I was wondering if it was possible to use the voice dial on the Treo while it is connected to the car's BT. I may have already asked this question in this forum. If so, I apologize. I'm still hoping for an answer.

chkur6
10-08-2005, 09:18 PM
to add on to the bluetooth query. I bought an LG 8100 and when I tried to pair it to my 325I the phone screen says please wait. I saw from verizon that the phone is not on an approved list, so I bought an 815 instead. My car is however still stuck on please wait. and the new phone will not recognize my BMW now. I have an SEP/OCT 04 build 2005 325I does anyone know how I can reset the Please wait and allow my car to recognize my phone?