PDA

View Full Version : DINAN Exhaust w/out Software

edmondM3Meister
05-27-2005, 06:10 AM
I recently purchased a DINAN Free Flow Exhaust for my 03 M3. The dealership that installed it also sold me the DINAN Stage 2 software. My issue here is that the software has not actually been DOWNLOADED - everytime they try, something goes wrong. The first time, it fried my computer :cry: ; the second time, the DINAN computer wouldn't work. :thumbdwn:

Of course, they went ahead and put the exhaust on my car and collected their handsome fee for that. They're assuring me that driving around with my original software config is ok with the new DINAN exhaust. :thumbup:

I can tell you this - it does not run *right*. It sounds just 'ok' - but not great. The 'lows' are nice, but, some of the 'highs' are 'ricey'. One of the service techs said "You'll get worse gas mileage, but, that's about it".

Has anyone else had a situation like this??? :dunno:

BahnBaum
05-27-2005, 06:50 AM
I recently purchased a DINAN Free Flow Exhaust for my 03 M3. The dealership that installed it also sold me the DINAN Stage 2 software. My issue here is that the software has not actually been DOWNLOADED - everytime they try, something goes wrong. The first time, it fried my computer :cry: ; the second time, the DINAN computer wouldn't work. :thumbdwn:

Of course, they went ahead and put the exhaust on my car and collected their handsome fee for that. They're assuring me that driving around with my original software config is ok with the new DINAN exhaust. :thumbup:

I can tell you this - it does not run *right*. It sounds just 'ok' - but not great. The 'lows' are nice, but, some of the 'highs' are 'ricey'. One of the service techs said "You'll get worse gas mileage, but, that's about it".

Has anyone else had a situation like this??? :dunno:

I'm running a Dinan exhaust without software. My performance doesn't feel like it's degraded at all.

The highs of the standard exhaust are ricey.

Alex

edmondM3Meister
06-01-2005, 04:26 AM
Finally got the software installed and I have to say there's a definite improvement. Not dramatic, but, noticable, nonetheless.

Would I do it all over again? Not so sure about that...time will tell.

edmondM3Meister
06-02-2005, 05:41 AM
Did the dealership give you any supporting documentation with the exhaust. All I got was a bill and a pat on the back.

On a good note, I can definitely tell a difference. Its more responsive and sounds better, too.

samuel_adam
06-12-2005, 11:40 PM
so can someone tell me this? If i were to get the dinan exhaust, do i HAVE to get the software? I m about to pickup an used one and get it installed, should i watch out for anything?

BTW, will installing a dinan exhaust void the factory warranty?

SergioK
06-13-2005, 12:12 AM
BTW, will installing a dinan exhaust void the factory warranty?

Yes, but Dinan will cover where the factory leaves off.

bren
06-13-2005, 08:02 AM
so can someone tell me this? If i were to get the dinan exhaust, do i HAVE to get the software?

I'm running a Dinan exhaust without software. My performance doesn't feel like it's degraded at all.

:confused: