PDA

View Full Version : dvd option in cd display

pajama78
05-27-2005, 01:16 PM
anyone know wat that dvd option is in the display of the 05' 5 series?:cry:
i've tried to select it but it constantly won't let me go to it...

yamilrx
05-28-2005, 09:32 AM
anyone know wat that dvd option is in the display of the 05' 5 series?:cry:
i've tried to select it but it constantly won't let me go to it...

I am still wondering the same thing as you. I know there is a DVD slot but that is only for the Nav. Disk. What on earth is the dvd option next to the FM,AM,CD,DVD. :dunno: I know there is a program that can be purchased as to play DVD movies on the screen and I think I read here it costs $500. I wonder if this is for that.

lcc014
05-31-2005, 11:27 AM
I am still wondering the same thing as you. I know there is a DVD slot but that is only for the Nav. Disk. What on earth is the dvd option next to the FM,AM,CD,DVD. :dunno: I know there is a program that can be purchased as to play DVD movies on the screen and I think I read here it costs $500. I wonder if this is for that.
The DVD slot can only play music CD. So, you have 2 CD players. When you insert a music CD into the DVD slot, the DVD menu will come on and show you the number of tracks.

Ching-Ho Cheng

stajer
05-31-2005, 05:29 PM
I asked my dealer when I got my 04 e60 - it only works if you have a DVD screen installed for the back seat passengers. Either in the headrests or suspended from the ceiling. It does not work on the idrive screen.

yamilrx
05-31-2005, 08:13 PM
The DVD slot can only play music CD. So, you have 2 CD players. When you insert a music CD into the DVD slot, the DVD menu will come on and show you the number of tracks.

Ching-Ho Cheng

That is weird because if I have Nav. and the Nav. disk is inside the DVD slot then I cannot use the dvd slot for anything else other than NAV. I don't think the DVD slot can be used for anything other than the DVD Nav. disk.