PDA

View Full Version : annoying seatbelt sound...

pajama78
05-27-2005, 12:18 PM
anyone know how to turn off that annoying fasten' seatbelt sound that comes about when you don't put on your seatbelt???

(and please, no annoying answers of "well, why don't you put ur seatbelt on?")

thanks

┼gent99
05-27-2005, 12:42 PM
Sure...fasten your seatbelt!!! :bustingup

Sorry...couldn't resist. Near as I can tell, there is no way to do it.

BillP
05-27-2005, 12:46 PM
anyone know how to turn off that annoying fasten' seatbelt sound that comes about when you don't put on your seatbelt???

thanks

Does anyone know how to turn off those annoying airbags? I mean, if they deploy, the talc will mess up my interior and I just paid $200 for a detail!!

Also, can I convert my safety glass windshield to something that, when it breaks, will result in nice pointy shards?

Please, no annoying responses of "WTF are you talking about you moron?"

Bill

:confused:

yamilrx
05-28-2005, 08:29 AM

thanks

Just think whenever there is a car accident coming into the ER trauma, the 1st thing that gets asked is: restrained? or unrestrained driver?. That makes all the difference in the mortality rate. Just buckle up for your own safety. :thumbup:

dbansal
06-06-2005, 05:47 PM
Yeah, buckle up... Id rather have my seat belt on and stay alive; that's why im actually happy BMW integrated those annoying sounds. It works!

Spartacus_33
06-07-2005, 07:32 AM

thanks
Unbelievable question!!! :spank:

vern
06-07-2005, 11:32 AM
Does anyone know how to turn off those annoying airbags? I mean, if they deploy, the talc will mess up my interior and I just paid $200 for a detail!!

Also, can I convert my safety glass windshield to something that, when it breaks, will result in nice pointy shards?

Please, no annoying responses of "WTF are you talking about you moron?"

Bill

:confused:
Right on Bill
cheers
vern

MaxBuck
06-07-2005, 11:40 AM
I recommend the Bose white-noise headphones at all times. Though they will not eliminate the seat-belt reminder noise, they will drown it out. Along with the annoying nuisance sounds of traffic, automobile and truck horns, screaming pedestrians, etc.

kd2789mo
06-07-2005, 12:51 PM
As many member's here can tell you, there is a very simple way to disable it. :thumbdwn:
Also, as you can see, no one is willing too. :thumbup:

AriciU
06-09-2005, 12:14 AM
Just find a used seatbelt somewhere, cut the thing that you have to stick in, put it in your car and problem solved...

imolazhp_ci
06-09-2005, 12:23 AM
mine doesn't have the warning... never did. just the light. i told them when i purchased the car to deactivate anything that could potentially annoy me. so i assume that was one of them. so my guess is ask the dealer to do it.

┼gent99
06-09-2005, 08:50 AM
mine doesn't have the warning... never did. just the light. i told them when i purchased the car to deactivate anything that could potentially annoy me. so i assume that was one of them. so my guess is ask the dealer to do it.For what car are you referring to? Is it your 330i--an E46? That car only has a warning light...just like the E39s as well.

The E60s, however, bong at you until you connect up the seat belt with its buckle. It is very annoying but easily taken care of! :) I bet the E90s will bong at you endlessly as well! :D

fm_illuminatus
06-12-2005, 11:29 PM
Hey, I'm a seatbelt nazi when the car is actually moving, but sometimes I turn on the car just to get some air on a hot day when I'm looking for something in the backseat, or eating in n out in a parking lot before I visit my next client. In that case that seatbelt sound IS annoying!

SoCal Scott
06-13-2005, 07:52 PM
Yeah, I agree... I always wear a seatbelt when driving above 10 mph, but if I'm moving around a parking lot, my driveway, or just sitting in the car I wish it wouldn't tell me that it knows better than me. I know Fords have a way of disabling the warning. It's some crazy sequence that involves buckling and unbuckling 3 times and turning the lights on and off and all this crazy stuff... Wish BMW had the same.

┼gent99
06-14-2005, 08:07 AM
Yeah, I agree... I always wear a seatbelt when driving above 10 mph, but if I'm moving around a parking lot, my driveway, or just sitting in the car I wish it wouldn't tell me that it knows better than me. I know Fords have a way of disabling the warning. It's some crazy sequence that involves buckling and unbuckling 3 times and turning the lights on and off and all this crazy stuff... Wish BMW had the same.It wouldn't surprise me one bit that BMW might have some special sequence of events to get at least the bong to shut down...leaving the icon glowing is fine.

BMW uses an I-Bus to communicate throughout the car...I'm sure someone saavy in cracking it can program pretty much whatever they want.

Antonugi
03-04-2006, 10:42 PM
It goes off after 3 minutes or so if you dont fasten (which u should anyway)

DBU
10-06-2006, 10:44 PM
It goes off after 3 minutes or so if you dont fasten (which u should anyway)

Actually, it beeps exactly 30 times before stopping for good. But there is a better way:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169033&highlight=Seat+Belt

stevepow
10-07-2006, 08:23 AM
Jam an ice pick into both ear drums - the sound will dissipate shortly.

lauterba
10-07-2006, 09:45 AM
well, why don't you put ur seatbelt on?"

samplemaven
10-09-2006, 12:40 PM
While we're researching unnecessary and impractical options... any idea how you disable the run-flat feature of the tires?

mullman
10-09-2006, 01:46 PM
FWIW mine goes off after 90 seconds for the driver's seat and never comes back on until the car is shut off and restarted.

If there is a body in the passanger seat (or a heavy package, sometimes my briefcase sets it off) and the passanger seatbelt is not fastened it will never go off.

crash8168
10-09-2006, 07:15 PM
Actually, it beeps exactly 30 times before stopping for good. But there is a better way:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169033&highlight=Seat+Belt

not really, i am convinced that what is done there will either eventually fail the plausibility test or turn the light on immediately.
and i am reasonably certain that the annoying behavior is the result of direct government intervention since all of the new cars i have driven lately exhibit similar behavior, making it punishable by a fine if the dealer disables it.

stream
10-10-2006, 01:43 PM
and i am reasonably certain that the annoying behavior is the result of direct government intervention since all of the new cars i have driven lately exhibit similar behavior, making it punishable by a fine if the dealer disables it.

You are correct. The same alarm happened on my 2004 Carrera, but it didn't happen on my 2002 Carrera. Asked dealer why, and he said a new DOT regulation.

JZEER
03-02-2008, 12:26 PM
i just took my car to the local bmw repair center not dealer thay will not do it even after i offered them $300 to turn off the chime but take it to some one that has the computer to read the car info and thay can turn it off i payed him $25 and no more seat belt chime

pony_trekker
03-02-2008, 03:46 PM
i just took my car to the local bmw repair center not dealer thay will not do it even after i offered them $300 to turn off the chime but take it to some one that has the computer to read the car info and thay can turn it off i payed him $25 and no more seat belt chime

Whow Urea reel jenyious

pony_trekker
03-02-2008, 03:48 PM
I am told that if you drive the car really fast into a telephone pole the chime sound goes away and is replaced by pleasant harp music. Or in some cases, it's replaced by Slayer playing really out of tune

Anyone who buys a 50k car and doesn't wear a seatbelt is beyond stupid.

FitzLA
03-02-2008, 06:28 PM
Hey, I'm a seatbelt nazi when the car is actually moving, but sometimes I turn on the car just to get some air on a hot day when I'm looking for something in the backseat, or eating in n out in a parking lot before I visit my next client. In that case that seatbelt sound IS annoying!

As long as you are not moving, it will not bong at you.

Ugly Bear
03-02-2008, 06:35 PM

Except it is illegal and they are now subject to huge litigation if you hit something ang go to ER and insurance company will find out that you were not buckled up AND that the chime was disabled.

thestoogeo
03-02-2008, 10:04 PM
Crazy, I bet there is a way to disable it with some crazy combination of things, just did it a few months ago on the new Mustang. I wear my seatbelt but prefer to disable the chime. The light on the dash is enough to remind me. I'll post back if I figure anything out.

Jon

vern
03-03-2008, 06:02 AM
Crazy, I'll post back if I figure anything out.

Jon
DON"T do us any favors!!!!!!!!!!
cheers
vern

DBU
03-03-2008, 10:37 AM
There was a DIY on one of the forums on how to do it. The best method involves opening up the seat belt buckle. Worked fine on my car.
I always wear my seat belt EXCEPT when I back out of my garage in to the alley. What annoyed me was that the dong for the seatbelt actually is TWO dongs, so even after your seat belt was on, there was that second dong to annoy you.

No12
03-03-2008, 10:55 AM
Unreal question...............:eeps:

mismaloya
03-03-2008, 02:24 PM
http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/seatb.html

bbal
03-03-2008, 02:30 PM
sounds much like motorcyclists who refuse to wear helmets. then they get in a crash, barely survive and end up a vegetable. meanwhile, the rest of society gets to foot the bill for all of this. if you're going to go without a seatbelt, at least make sure the organ donor line is signed on your license.

pmickg
08-15-2008, 09:08 AM
I just saw this in a taxi in Athens, Greece: swing the two parts of the belt around behind the seat and fasten them. Works like a champ.

vern
08-15-2008, 11:41 AM
I am told that if you drive the car really fast into a telephone pole the chime sound goes away and is replaced by pleasant harp music. Or in some cases, it's replaced by Slayer playing really out of tune

Anyone who buys a 50k car and doesn't wear a seatbelt is beyond stupid.
+1 but it doesn't have to be a 50k car, any car will do IMO.
cheers
vern

brettski69
08-15-2008, 07:40 PM
If you want to take your chances dying in a crash............get a used seatbelt from somewhere and cut the buckle off the end -- then plug that into your seatbelt instead of the actual seatbelt. That would probably do it.

pony_trekker
08-15-2008, 08:12 PM
+1 but it doesn't have to be a 50k car, any car will do IMO.
cheers
vern

Wow that's funny I looked at the quote without scrolling up and said "Wow, how well said."

Actually he should play this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlF5lp5x65c

whododat
08-16-2008, 05:06 AM

Sya Waht?