PDA

View Full Version : OEM rear view camera

tetoteto
05-28-2005, 08:51 AM
Does any one of you have the OEM rear view camera on the X3?

Do you have any picture? How does it fit? :dunno:

Regards

stangmatt66
05-28-2005, 03:04 PM
Not sure BMW offers a rear-view camera on any of their models...

Park Distance Control, however, is an option on the X3. Park Distance Control uses ultrasonic sensors in the front and rear bumpers to help you judge the distance to other cars and unseen objects when parking. The beeping becomes faster as your bumper approaches the object, turning into a constant tone when the distance is less than 12 inches.

tetoteto
05-29-2005, 02:12 AM
Thank you for the info.
I know that the camera exists, at least in Europe but I don't exactly how it fits.

I prefer it over the Park Distance Control since I think is more usefull, for example to check for holes or stones when going on reverse in the country side.

Regards

SabreXray
05-29-2005, 08:42 AM
One of my guys at work has a 2.5 with an (I believe) aftermarket DVD system that includes the rear camera. I will get some pics on Tuesday and see where the system came from.

JP

tetoteto
06-01-2005, 12:56 AM
Hello SabreXray. Could you get the pics? :rolleyes:

Regards

x3man
06-01-2005, 06:14 AM
Park Distance Control, however, is an option on the X3. Park Distance Control uses ultrasonic sensors in the front and rear bumpers to help you judge the distance to other cars and unseen objects when parking. The beeping becomes faster as your bumper approaches the object, turning into a constant tone when the distance is less than 12 inches.

BTW - PDC is really great. I bought it because I thought it would help my wife but now I use it all the time. It's helped avoid small fender benders and made parking in tight spaces much more managable.

SabreXray
06-01-2005, 11:34 AM
Hello SabreXray. Could you get the pics? :rolleyes:

Regards
I talked to SGT A, the guy with the blue water 2.5i, anyway I hadn't seen it in awhile and I asked where she was? He said he was driving his beater car and doesn't drive his baby to work anymore. "Really?" yes really, so I asked him if he would bring it in tomorrow so I could get some pics. He said he would. We shall see tomorrow.

JP

BTW he says the camera mounts to the bumber and can be adjusted to point anywhere the drive wants it to. He claims it will work with any aftermarket DVD system.

tetoteto
06-01-2005, 01:06 PM
Thank you all SabreXray. It'd be nice if you can get the pics.

Regards :thumbup:

pps-325xit
06-01-2005, 03:12 PM
Parts diagram (http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=PA93&mospid=47794&btnr=66_0107&hg=66&fg=95)

SpeedinBlueBima
06-01-2005, 07:47 PM
It exists for the E46 as well but never seen it in real life. :dunno:

tromar1
06-03-2005, 11:29 PM
I recently upgraded my AV unit to an aftermarket Pioneer AVIC-N2. This comes with optional rearview cam. Pics forthcoming in another thread "Audio, kit for aftermarket head unit."

I agree with the other poster that stated he doesn't think BMW NA offers that option. I had mine installed on the interior of the back window...I didn't want it on the outside. It works very well, but makes the cars behind seem farther away than they really are. However, you'll know if you are close enough to an object when backing up.