PDA

View Full Version : motorola v710 bluetooth setup help?

FORJAKESAKE
05-28-2005, 12:20 PM
I am using my v710 with bmw assist, and wonder if anyone has been sucessful in using voice commands with this combination? Voice commands work with the phone, but so far not in bluetooth mode. Any suggestions, or am I "verazoned"?

Alex Baumann
05-28-2005, 12:22 PM
This is maybe the 20th V710 thread. I'm moving this to the Audio/In-Car Electronics forum ;)

Technic
05-28-2005, 01:12 PM
I am using my v710 with bmw assist, and wonder if anyone has been sucessful in using voice commands with this combination? Voice commands work with the phone, but so far not in bluetooth mode. Any suggestions, or am I "verazoned"?

You will require to have a separate SES voice command module for voice activation.

Do a search for "SES voice command" for more information of what to buy, please. :thumbup:

Terry Kennedy
05-28-2005, 02:12 PM
You will require to have a separate SES voice command module for voice activation.To expand on this a little - voice commands to the car (including the car commands controlling to the telephone) are unrelated to any voice command capability the phone itself has. In other words, no [BMW] hardware you can put in the car will connect the steering wheel "phone" button to your V710's voice command button. It isn't a limitation of the V710, it is just the way the BMW Bluetooth hardware was designed. I suppose at the time they designed it, there were Bluetooth phones without built-in voice command capability, so they went for a consistent (but more limited) user interface.

FORJAKESAKE
05-28-2005, 03:36 PM
Very helpful....Thanks!