PDA

View Full Version : Best Brake Pads

BigO1120
05-28-2005, 11:58 AM
Hey Everyone!

I was wondering what are the best brake pads out there that don't produce that much brake dust. The wheels on my X3 are always covered in brake dust and I'm getting annoyed cleaning them every day. What are the best brake pads to replace the factory ones with?

I'm fed up with the ones currently on my X3!!!!

:mad:

adc
05-31-2005, 08:27 AM
Hey Everyone!

I was wondering what are the best brake pads out there that don't produce that much brake dust. The wheels on my X3 are always covered in brake dust and I'm getting annoyed cleaning them every day. What are the best brake pads to replace the factory ones with?

I'm fed up with the ones currently on my X3!!!!

:mad:

I'll give you a non-answer and for that I apologize in advance.

I don't know specific pads for the X3, although I'm sure there must be some out there. From my experience with aftermarket pads on an Audi A4 and BMW 330, there are two kinds:
- the ones meant to enhance braking performance. These usually dust more. :yikes:
- the ones that claim to dust less without loss of braking performance. In my experience there is no such animal. If they dust a little less it's still too much, or if they don't dust a lot they are terrible pads.

Unless someone can give you a direct, hands-on account of Pad X or Y that dusts less and brakes the same, I say don't bother... The X3 is a heavy vehicle and I would cherish a lot more it's braking ability than it's wheel appearance. :dunno:

Some people have also tried applying some special wax products on the wheels so that dust sticks less - you could give it a try as well.

adc
03 330 ZHP

BigO1120
06-01-2005, 08:50 AM
Muchas Gracias adc!!!!!