PDA

View Full Version : V1 hardwire issues

Aknatar
05-28-2005, 05:15 PM
I followed all the instructions from bmw330ci site and my v1 still won't power up. Is there any way of checking if the switched power in my car is working properly?

doeboy
05-29-2005, 12:21 AM
I followed all the instructions from bmw330ci site and my v1 still won't power up. Is there any way of checking if the switched power in my car is working properly?

Double check that you actually got the right wiring harness. The microphone harness and UGDO harness are commonly mistaken for each other.

operknockity
05-29-2005, 09:18 AM
Double check that you actually got the right wiring harness. The microphone harness and UGDO harness are commonly mistaken for each other.
And unless you have the UGDO, the UGDO harness is more often than not buried deep in the right side of the headliner. It took a goodly amount of poking around in there for me to find the right harness when I did my hardwire.

jvr826
05-30-2005, 10:47 AM

Make sure you have a good grounding point. I just went thru this same deal and couldn't get mine to power up either. I was using the Torx headed screw to the left of the sunroof motor and it was not grounded. I moved the ground to the forward mounting screw that is a standard socket type and it powered up.

Aknatar
05-31-2005, 06:09 AM
thanks Jeff, that was exactly the problem! I had tightened the screw too much on the grounding wire and when I loosened it, it powered up right away...