PDA

View Full Version : Would anyone have ordered your X3 differently?

mguhler
05-29-2005, 07:08 AM
A thread for current owners...

Would you have ordered your X3 with more options, or are there options you got and find you would have rather saved your money?

I think I'm happy with the way I ordered my X3. I'm really happy with my color combos and I love the sport package! :thumbup:

Just interested to hear what other owners opinions are.

calgaryx3
05-29-2005, 08:24 PM
Maybe just the leather option. The sensatec is great but really lacks the sumptuous comfort not to mention the sweet aroma of real leather. I really wanted the beige interior versus the black, but wasn't available in the exterior colour when we ordered. The black however, works just fine.

Other than that, she's A-OK!

Asif

harplayr
05-31-2005, 06:55 AM
A thread for current owners...

Would you have ordered your X3 with more options, or are there options you got and find you would have rather saved your money?

I think I'm happy with the way I ordered my X3. I'm really happy with my color combos and I love the sport package! :thumbup:

Just interested to hear what other owners opinions are.I would have gone for the parking assist sensors. My wife hates to parrallel park the X3, and it would help.

adc
05-31-2005, 08:56 AM
I would have gone for the parking assist sensors. My wife hates to parrallel park the X3, and it would help.

Is she aware of the passenger-side mirror tilt-down feature when reversing? I think that makes parallel parking a little easier.

I've also found that the driver side mirror is a better gauge of distance between your car and the one in the back, because you can see your back bumper at the same time with the other car's front bumper. When looking over your shoulder you simply cannot judge so accurately.

It took a small leap of faith to only glance in the mirrors, but it paid off.

adc
03 330 ZHP

climrgrl
05-31-2005, 10:45 PM
I would have ordered adaptive xenons. I didn't fully understand the adaptive feature beforehand and wrote it off as a gimmick. Oops!

M-PIRE
06-01-2005, 01:33 PM
I should have upgraded the stereo to the premium option. Other than that, my X is perfect. Love the adaptive Xenons, wife hates them but she disables them with the switch so life is good.

sfca-325i
06-01-2005, 01:39 PM
Heated seats and parking assist. At the time, the best deal was for a vehicle that didn't have those options. The dealer profit for the vehicle that did have those options was nearly $1,000 more. Now that my M3 has both of these options, I have to listen to "gee, sure would have been nice to have gotten these options in MY car". :dunno: