PDA

View Full Version : Picts and the first weekend with X3

x39339
05-29-2005, 06:17 PM
Hi,

After driven it for the first weekend, I have to say. It so worth the wait! What a solid car! Powerful engine even it's heavier than sedans and very solid cornering. I have seen posts on this forum complains about the ride and wind noise. However, I didn't find these thing bothering me at all. Ride on highways is as smooth as my old car, Acura 3.2 TL and of course with sunroof wide open on highways it would get pretty noisy, but isn't most cars out there are like that? I drove through city street with the roof wide open and the noise is not that bad. One last thing on the drive is the rpm is quite high even on highway, it didn't feel like it change to 4th or 5th gear. (Maybe it's all-wheel drive/ It's a BMW) or will it be better once the engine brake-in? The navi is very acurate except no touch screen, using that knob to navigate throught the menu is quite time-consuming. Basic sound system is better than I thought, MP3 works! some songs will display names but some doesn't. (Maybe that is something that I should set up properly when I burn the Cd?) Overall, I love the car!!! from the look to the drive, it's a great car! Here are some picts and I've made a wall paper from one photo too.

Question: I've read the menu that there's a panic mode. By pressing the truck release for more than 2 seconds. I've tried that in mall's parking lot and it didn't work. Is it something that I have to program the key inorder to make it work?

Bobak
05-29-2005, 06:26 PM
Hi, where exactly is the knob for the NAV? I'm waiting for my order to come in end of July. Do you think it's worth the $35 extra charge for the NAV system? I didn't get it, but I can still change the config. Consider that I don't travel too often, but the info could be useful. What info does it show/What can you do with the nav that you can't without or otherwise have to use differenent methods to complete? Did you get the Privacy Glass? I hear from people its not too dark and thus not worth it? Thanks for the info.

x39339
05-29-2005, 07:00 PM
Hi, where exactly is the knob for the NAV? I'm waiting for my order to come in end of May. Do you think it's worth the $35 extra charge for the NAV system? I didn't get it, but I can still change the config. Consider that I don't travel too often, but the info could be useful. What info does it show/What can you do with the nav that you can't without or otherwise have to use differenent methods to complete? Did you get the Privacy Glass? I hear from people its not too dark and thus not worth it? Thanks for the info.

Hi Bobak,

The knob is the control button for the nav, it's the button on the right hand side of the CD volume control. What it does is when you want to input an address or location, instead of touch screen (like Acura Navi), you turn the knob and find the letter that you want to input and then press to confirm, so a long address plus adding different preference can take a while. Once you set your trip and it's staring to guide you to the destination with voice guidence, a voice from your speakers will guide you, like it will tell you to turn left , right etc. It give you enough warning before hand. Basically you can concentrate on driving without watching the screen because of the voice. On the display, it will display your current location, street name, direction and estimate arrival time at all time. So, If you do not have a specific destination input it will still dispaly all the essential info. I think it worth it since I am so bad with directions. After market one (like Pioneer) still cost 2,000 canadian +installation, this factory one look nicer on the center dash and it fold down when you turn your car off. Privacy Glass comes with mine. Yes, it's not that dark. But after market one are stick on right? it may not as durable than the factory one. I hope this help.

Bobak
05-29-2005, 07:27 PM
Hi,

Thanks a lot for all the information. I have 2 more questions:

1. Should I remove the privacy glass (I only wanted it for the looks, not for privacy or to prevent heat from getting in the car, and I guess it's not dark enough.)

2. Does it look a lot different with the aluminum trim, compared to the standard one? Is it worth the upgrade. My dealer only had the standard and the dark wood on display, so I couldn't tell, and he didn't recommend the upgrade.

Thanks.

x39339
05-29-2005, 07:44 PM
Hi,

Thanks a lot for all the information. I have 2 more questions:

1. Should I remove the privacy glass (I only wanted it for the looks, not for privacy or to prevent heat from getting in the car, and I guess it's not dark enough.)

2. Does it look a lot different with the aluminum trim, compared to the standard one? Is it worth the upgrade. My dealer only had the standard and the dark wood on display, so I couldn't tell, and he didn't recommend the upgrade.

Thanks.

1. depends on your exterior colour, if yours is Black, I say keep it .
2. No. I believe the standard trim on 2.5 is titanium. It's better than the aluminum trim on 3.0 coz the silver on yours is solid compare to the aluminum one get some sort of pattern on the silver, it looks more plastic like. If I can swap the trim, I would.

Bobak
05-29-2005, 07:47 PM
Hi,

Once again, thanks for your opinion. I guess I won't upgrade to the aluminum. As for the privacy glass with the colour of the car, mine is white exterior/black interior. So you say I shouldn't upgrade to the privacy glass?