PDA

View Full Version : Sports Seats

Bobak
05-30-2005, 03:58 PM
Has anyone got the Sport Seats option?
Does it have anything other than the extension at the bottom? I saw on an E90, the sides of the seat is actually different with sports seats. It looks more comfortable. Is that the case with the X3 too? Or is it just the extension? Thanks.

JG
05-30-2005, 08:52 PM
Has anyone got the Sport Seats option?
Does it have anything other than the extension at the bottom? I saw on an E90, the sides of the seat is actually different with sports seats. It looks more comfortable. Is that the case with the X3 too? Or is it just the extension? Thanks.

I don't have the sports seats - but I test drove a vehicle with them and they are excellent!

Bobak
05-30-2005, 09:04 PM
Thanks for the reply. Was the vehicle an X3? I drove my friend's 02 or may be 03 330i w/ the upgrade too, but not on the X3.

tnunnery
05-31-2005, 10:31 AM
I have an '05 X3 with the sports package. The sport seats are different from the regular seats. They have larger bolsters on each side of the seat bottom and the backrest and also have the thigh extension (not sure of the non-sport has this as well).

I think they are really great especially if you are used to that type of seat. Great lateral support and very comfortable. Keep in mind that the sport seat is only available as part of the sport package (unless it's different north of the border) on the X3 so make sure you are comfortable with the suspension changes, wheels, steering wheel, etc. I love the sport setup but there have been lots of complainers, especially before the '05 changes were done.

Hope this helps!

TVN

JG
05-31-2005, 04:28 PM
I have an '05 X3 with the sports package. The sport seats are different from the regular seats. They have larger bolsters on each side of the seat bottom and the backrest and also have the thigh extension (not sure of the non-sport has this as well).

I think they are really great especially if you are used to that type of seat. Great lateral support and very comfortable. Keep in mind that the sport seat is only available as part of the sport package (unless it's different north of the border) on the X3 so make sure you are comfortable with the suspension changes, wheels, steering wheel, etc. I love the sport setup but there have been lots of complainers, especially before the '05 changes were done.

Hope this helps!

TVN

What tnunnery said Bobak.........the Canadian sport package is the same as what he is describing. It was an X3 with sports I drove as well as an X3 with regular seats.

I also like the regular seats - which have no bolster - it depends what you are used to and like. They are both good - just different.

Not sure how the sport seats fare on a long drive - but the regulars were fine on a recent 8 hour drive I made.

Bobak
05-31-2005, 06:10 PM
Alright. Thanks. I confirmed my order today. I didn't upgrade to the sport seats, but I got the panaroma roof and privacy glass. It should starting building tom. and I should have it by mid to end of July.. :cry: :cry: such a long wait.

torzeck
06-01-2005, 12:10 AM
As noted by others the sport seats are fantastic. The adjustable thigh support is great especially for longer drives. If I am remembering correctly, for cars built in the USA the x3 with Premium Pkg and Sport also gets the adjustable lumbar- another great feature. Also, the sports Pkg. includes the better seats, the sport wheels , the suspension and the fat sport steering wheel which is far better, in my oppinion, to the standard steerer. These details are what you, the driver, interface with.
One thing to ask yourself is: will you regret not having any of thes features down the road?
You will not be able to economically retrofit later. In any case best of luck.

M-PIRE
06-01-2005, 01:30 PM
My '05 3.0 was specifically ordered with the sports package for the seats. The adjustible lumbar support for both the driver and front passenger is fantastic. The leg extention is a nice plus as well. We just got back from a 2100 mile RT to Disneyland and the seats were very comfortable, better than my '02 325 with the sport seats. BTW, 26mpg on that trip!!

You can always change your order. I'd highly recommend it. The rough ride most people complain about with the sports package is 80% due to the run-flat tires. Swap them out at any local tire shop if you don't like the ride. OR perhaps someone on the forum would be interested in a trade...your 19" rims and tires for their 18" from a non-sports package X3.

Just an idea...
D.

Bobak
06-01-2005, 01:44 PM
Well, I think it's too late now. I'm leasing anyways, for 39 months, so I guess I'll get them on my next vehicle. The better thing is (for those wanting to get sport seats) that in Canada, you don't need to spend 2k on the package, you can get the sport seats alone for only 500!!! But, for me, it's too late now. I tried out the regular seats on my friend's for a 2 hour drive, and it was perfect anyways.