PDA

View Full Version : V710/Verizon did not work on new E90.....help

goldberg
06-01-2005, 06:41 AM
Just picked up new 330i yesterday and the dealership could not get the V710 to operate.
Verizon said that the V710 bought this weekend already had the flash update installed.
Any ideas???

Alex Baumann
06-01-2005, 06:46 AM
Check the Audio forum for V710 problems, there are a bunch of threads on this.

willpooted
06-01-2005, 09:53 AM
Just picked up new 330i yesterday and the dealership could not get the V710 to operate.
Verizon said that the V710 bought this weekend already had the flash update installed.
Any ideas???

Are you sure you have the new firmware? Is it connecting and then disconnecting every five or so seconds?

goldberg
06-01-2005, 10:28 AM
Yes...it is conncting and then disconnecting in about five seconds

obmd1
06-03-2005, 11:30 AM

I think Verizon lied to you. This is what mine does in an e46, with the older firmware. Have a look at the s/w version and make sure it matches BMWNA's site recommendations.

Bob Wadsworth
06-07-2005, 06:43 AM
Has anyone been able to resolve the issues with the Moto 710 bluetooth? I try to pair it with my m5, it will stay connected for about 5 to 10 seconds then drop. I do not have this problem with my Sony 610 or the Blackberry T7100. I called Moto and Verizon both have been on help at all. The software version on the 710 is 8700_01.40.0R.

itznin
06-11-2005, 03:45 PM
Any updates on this situation?

I plan to buy a V710 from Verizon for use in my E90.

Thanks

gpenning
06-11-2005, 06:34 PM
Mine started up just fine, but every time I turned the car on no phone was found. It took me a few trys using the instruction given in both the BMW owners book and the Verizon book. The part each book left out is the phone at setup only turns on the Bluetooth as a temporary thing. You must go into the phone setup and enable the Bluetooth fulltime. Something simple just not in the Verizon book for inital setup.

itznin
06-14-2005, 02:24 PM
What is the latest version of the software that should be on the phone?

I just got my phone over the weekend, I told them to give me the latest software but I just want to be sure.

ekaz
06-21-2005, 11:27 AM
I picked up my '05 X5 over this past weekend and had the same connect/disconnect problems with my v710. I had s/w version 1.3 on my phone. I went to verizon and they updated to 1.4 and it works perfectly now. The only downside is that they said with the new version of the s/w, you cannot save from the memory card to the phone.

itznin
06-21-2005, 02:35 PM
My software version is: 8700_01.40.0R

Verizon V710

That should be the current right?

Donjhen
06-21-2005, 03:51 PM
I have that same version in my E90 and everything works beautifully.

ObD
06-21-2005, 07:48 PM

You need to set Bluetooth to always on in the phone. It's an option somewhere on your phone. It's been posted on the "Fest before, but I can't find the link.

mde83
06-22-2005, 11:18 AM
I have that same version in my E90 and everything works beautifully.

So your phonebook transfers to the car without problems?

And another questioon. The V-710 has a built in speakerphone, right? If so, what is the advantage of using the Bluetooth feature in the BMW - other than the fact with the 1.4 software upgrade you can transfer the phonebook to the car, supposedly. I mean, with the built in speakerphone, assuming you have some numbers programmed for spead dial in the phone, you would just hit and hold your speed dial number, then set the phone down and talk. That is basically the same thing you would have to do with the bluetooth connection to the BMW right?

Maybe I am missing something...

itznin
06-22-2005, 05:47 PM
Anyone know how to turn bluetooth on for more than the 5 secs?

JetBlack330i
06-27-2005, 09:55 AM
So your phonebook transfers to the car without problems?

And another questioon. The V-710 has a built in speakerphone, right? If so, what is the advantage of using the Bluetooth feature in the BMW - other than the fact with the 1.4 software upgrade you can transfer the phonebook to the car, supposedly. I mean, with the built in speakerphone, assuming you have some numbers programmed for spead dial in the phone, you would just hit and hold your speed dial number, then set the phone down and talk. That is basically the same thing you would have to do with the bluetooth connection to the BMW right?

Maybe I am missing something...
Perhaps the built in speakerphone is not loud enough?
Other than that, I can't think of any advantage of using the BMW BT.
I use a BT headphone and don't even have to touch the phone to make a call. I just voice dial.

itznin
06-27-2005, 10:00 AM
Anyone have the link to the fix for the disconnection after 5 sec?

I know you have to manually turn on the bluetooth on the phone so it stays on permanent instead of temporary.

Thanks

itznin
06-27-2005, 10:02 AM
I am also looking for an answer to the V710 question listed above.

How do you turn the Bluetooth on permanently?

Alex Baumann
06-27-2005, 10:09 AM
Threads merged.

Jonathan
07-03-2005, 08:14 PM
Would recommend staying away from V710s. The bugs/constraints are not completely gone. Verizon can say what they wish.

BMW should not have listed this as compatible as it also doesn't seem to work with some older TCUs.

:cry:

Freude am Fahren.
Jonathan

chicagfro
07-06-2005, 01:30 PM
I am also looking for an answer to the V710 question listed above.

How do you turn the Bluetooth on permanently?

Press Menu button
Select "Settings" (7)
Select Connection (*)
Select Bluetooth Link
Select Setup
Scroll down to "Power" option in Setup and change from off to on.

Then BT will be on all the time. Battery life goes down a little bit, but IMHO it's definitely less aggravating than turning it on "temporary" all the time only to have it shut off again. :mad:

fro

willpooted
07-11-2005, 07:02 PM
Try starting a search with the car's bluetooth. Then go to Settings | Connection | Bluetooth Link | Handsfree on the V710, searching for the car's bluetooth through your phone. Once it reads as Connected on the phone, quit out of the search on the car. Seems confusing, but this is the only way I could get the car and phone to stay paired.

For saving contacts for voice dialing,
Push the speaker button on the steering wheel,
Say "Save Name" after the beep... and follow the prompts after that.