PDA

View Full Version : Kidney Grill Removal?

Woody
06-01-2005, 05:19 PM
Hi!

Has anyone removed their kidney grills yet? I am trying to remove them to paint the chrome surround black.

Steveo8998
06-02-2005, 12:42 AM
I have black ones and would be more then happy to trade with your Chrome ones!! :thumbup: we Americans dont get the option of Chrome, you lucky. Mines not here yet though, wont be tell July so your better of just Painting them if youd like. which ever.

Steve-o

mysticbluex3
06-02-2005, 11:10 AM
I think he meant he want to paint the chrome that outlines the grill black. Not the part of the gril that runs up and down.

tnunnery
06-02-2005, 11:34 AM
Its a bit difficult to describe the process without pics but I'll give it a shot.

I found it easier to remove the black plastic cover at the front of the engine compartment to gain access to the back of the grills. Then, I felt for the tabs on the grills, releasing each one by prying gently with a stubby flathead screwdriver while another person pulled forward and applied pressure on the grills as I went. With one or two on each side released, the whole grill just pulls out. It can easily be snapped back into place.

I know this may not make sense without pics so let me know if you need them and I'll try to get some posted.

TVN

Woody
06-03-2005, 02:21 PM
Yes, I am trying to black out the chrome surround of the US kidney grill.

Tnunnery,

Thank you for the info!